NBTC set to pay 427 million baht to air World Cup matches on free TV

webfact

You've been using one of those Chinese tablets as a calculator haven't you!

The cost of bringing happiness to the Thai people, well most of them anyway, is around 20 baht per household.

Now that has to be the bargain of the year. thumbsup.gif

Hmmm lets see Thailand population as of 2014 = 67 million or 70million if they estimate for unregistered individuals.

the title reads.....NBTC to pay 427 million baht to air world cup

427/70=what?

Where does your 20 baht figure comes from?

Edited by mania

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The cost of bringing happiness to the Thai people, well most of them anyway, is around 20 baht per household.

Hmmm lets see Thailand population as of 2014 = 67 million or 70million if they estimate for unregistered individuals.

427/70=what?

Ok so it's around 6 baht per person but bigbamboo quoted 20 baht per household

So he's reckoning just over 3/household on average,

• Like 1

427/70=what?

Do you and Wendysloan want some more time to think about it or do you want me to explain it to you?

There are officially 22 million households in Thailand (give or take) and the government is going to spend 427 million on the WC. When you divide 427 by 22 you end up with a figure close to 20. That's 20 baht per household or around 6 baht per individual.

20 baht doesn't seem so much....... a couple of energy gut rot drinks, a kid's bus fare to school, a generous restaurant tip from a Scotsman...... and certainly worth the price of watching a game from the biggest and best sports event in the world on TV.

• Like 1

Do you and Wendysloan want some more time to think about it or do you want me to explain it to you?

There are officially 22 million households in Thailand (give or take) and the government is going to spend 427 million on the WC. When you divide 427 by 22 you end up with a figure close to 20. That's 20 baht per household or around 6 baht per individual.

20 baht doesn't seem so much....... a couple of energy gut rot drinks, a kid's bus fare to school, a generous restaurant tip from a Scotsman...... and certainly worth the price of watching a game from the biggest and best sports event in the world on TV.

555 ok my bad & maybe next time I better use a calculator

before answering off the top of my head in the morning facepalm.gif

• Like 1