Knock-offs

Guest distilling

Guest distilling

I was in the airport mall the other day and saw a big sale on Lacoste, with most items running around 2300 bht. Not really a steal! Before I came to Chiang Mai, everybody told me to stock up on cheap Polo, Lacoste, etc. Ive seen the locals wearing these brands and I'm wondering if they might be frequenting shops that are carrying a cheaper version of the originals :o . I've gone through The Night Bazaar and Wororot, and seen the fake Gucci and Louis Vuitton handbags, of course, but does anyone know a reliable spot for some knock-offs? I'm looking for men's clothes, personally, but I've also been instructed to stay on the lookout for women's too.

I was in the airport mall the other day and saw a big sale on Lacoste, with most items running around 2300 bht. Not really a steal! Before I came to Chiang Mai, everybody told me to stock up on cheap Polo, Lacoste, etc. Ive seen the locals wearing these brands and I'm wondering if they might be frequenting shops that are carrying a cheaper version of the originals :o . I've gone through The Night Bazaar and Wororot, and seen the fake Gucci and Louis Vuitton handbags, of course, but does anyone know a reliable spot for some knock-offs? I'm looking for men's clothes, personally, but I've also been instructed to stay on the lookout for women's too.

That's pretty much it in Chiang Mai - Pat Pong it ain't!

To be honest all that fake stuff is low quality and won't last very long.

PS. Expect this thread to get closed pretty soon :D

lacoste shop in siam square, & numerous department stores sale lacoste gear at affordable prices, normally between b1500 - b1800 for a short sleeved buttoned shirt, which in my eyes is excellent value. In uk can expect to pay £60 - £80 for similar garments, the badge is a little different but the quality is not, thin summer coats are also cheap but most stores only stock up to a size 5, which is fairly large!!!!

Cheap trainers only come in the form of converse really....but if anyone knows any different i'd like to know.

I’d like some information, if possible, on the noble art of haggling. I know this is a sensitive subject, but there may be some basic tips available.

I’m told that you cannot expect to knock off, at best, 10% at Warorot, and less than that in proper stores.

But the Night Bazaar seems to be another matter, guidebooks advise you to try to be really tough.

A friend has this simple rule: aim for half of the initial asking price no matter where you’re shopping (which means you have to start out really low), and you can’t go drastically wrong; when the seller can’t go lower, he’ll tell you so (but give it a few more goes).

lacoste shop in siam square, & numerous department stores sale lacoste gear at affordable prices, normally between b1500 - b1800 for a short sleeved buttoned shirt, which in my eyes is excellent value. In uk can expect to pay £60 - £80 for similar garments, the badge is a little different but the quality is not, thin summer coats are also cheap but most stores only stock up to a size 5, which is fairly large!!!!

Cheap trainers only come in the form of converse really....but if anyone knows any different i'd like to know.

Lacoste cost about S$50 to S$80 here too.