Cambodian workers flee Thailand out of fear

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nly clown on here at the moment is the clown who is alluding to the fact that Cambodians fear a massacre at the hands of the Royal Thai Army.

Even if that did happen BACK IN 1979.... You have to understand that a hell of a lot of those 'refugees' were Khmer Rouge,and to be blown to bits by their own mines is poetic. The Thais didn't plant those mines you know.

Thumper

When you are in a hole, it is best to stop digging. You clearly have no idea about the past actions and positions of the Thai Army vis a vis Cambodians and in particular Cambodians in Thailand.

At the time of the massacre which you seem to know nothing about, the Khmer Rouge remained active in pockets along the Thai border because they were receiving military assistance and safe haven from the Thai military. The Thai military supported the Khmer Rouge at that point in order to oppose Communist Vietnam.

The civilian refugees had fled the Khmer Rouge and were in safety in a refugee camp in Thailand and were pushed over a cliff at the point of a gun into a minefield surrounded by Khmer Rouge territory.

These actions are well remembered in Cambodia and talk of it is obviously suppressed in Thailand.

It is not hard to understand why a military crackdown on Cambodians has sent tens of thousands into a panic fleeing to the border.

Next you will be denying the Nazi concentration camps. You can always learn new things if you will just listen. Will you listen?

Will YOU listen???????

It is people like you that creates misinformation.

I am saying it is 2014 NOT 1979

Or are you also saying that the army are capable of massacring these Cambodian illegal workers????

Come on man.... Even the Cambodians don't think that is their fate if they remain.

You and your mate are completely scaremongering and people like you are the main reason the Junta has to control social media and prohibit certain comments...... like yours.

You guys couldn't get more 'anti-Thai army' if you tried.

You are both disseminating very dangerous content.

Don't worry Thumper. These blokes are crapping themselves that the hired Cambodian men in black are also being deported and that they, the hard core red supporters, are losing their relevance and the army knows it and making sure it happens. They also realise as their comrades/sheep dwindle in numbers...the army may actually come after them. Then we will see a rush to Swampy (assuming these blokes are even in Thailand, which I doubt).

Don't worry Thumper. These blokes are crapping themselves that the hired Cambodian men in black are also being deported and that they, the hard core red supporters, are losing their relevance and the army knows it and making sure it happens. They also realise as their comrades/sheep dwindle in numbers...the army may actually come after them. Then we will see a rush to Swampy (assuming these blokes are even in Thailand, which I doubt).

post-52815-0-15590000-1402661716_thumb.j

• Like 1

Those who know about the 1979 horrendous massacre of unarmed Cambodian refugees by the Thai Army which had come to power following a coup should understand why Cambodians are sceptical and fearful of the the Thai Army.

I don't know if anyone has told you yet.... This is 2014, not 1979.

Those so called 'refugees' I think you will find were Khmer Rouge fleeing the Vietnamese after committing an atrocious genocide against their own people, and I think you may find that Pol Pot and all his cronies were among them.

Stop scaremongering against the army, they are doing a fantastic job, and in three weeks alone have done more good for Thailand than 13 years of 'so called' democracy.

Your post contains appalling inaccuracies and seems to fit a pattern of denial and revision of facts by the Thai military of any atrocity committed against civilians, and there have been many, even when the evidence is compelling that the massacre did occur.

When a military is answerable to no-one, heinous abuses do tend to occur.

And perhaps already have: "Since June 1st, 2014, about 40,000 Cambodian workers in Thailand have self-deported or have been forcibly removed from the country by the military junta. ADHOC investigators have received credible witness accounts up to nine Cambodian migrants have been killed, and that beatings have occurred at the hands of the Thai armed forces.. Unfortunately, in times of crisis in Thailand Cambodians are often scapegoated. Many Cambodian workers are now stranded at the border without enough money to get them home."

http://prachatai.org/english/node/4123

แก้วมาลา Kaewmala @Thai_Talk · 2h

Reports of Burmese migrants working in shops at Pratunam being arrested and taken for deportation regardless of legal status & work permit.

Whether or not there is an official policy to deport migrant workers, why are many being arrested all of a sudden, even despite work permit.

Stories of migrants showing work permit to authorities who tore it up right there and then. WTH is this? Now migrants are really scared.

แก้วมาลา Kaewmala @Thai_Talk · 1h

Matichon report on ISOC dismantling homes of "illegal migrants" in Chiang Mai to ready city "for AEC."

It's like I said in the other thread, all about "image". I have no idea why I said that the moves to build villages for illegal migrants might be "well intentioned" when I knew full well it is anything but that. In practice it means forcibly moving people out of their homes and segregation. Making invisible these "outsiders" so that other far wealthier outsiders might be impressed about how orderly and "clean" things look. Guess I was for some reason still trying to be open minded about the intentions of these people despite the fact that there's no reason to think they'd behave differently now than they have at any point during their past. But while all this is happening, Thais get free tickets to see a make-believe film about how their briliant leaders put the evil Burmese to the sword... so yay.

Edited by Emptyset
  • Like 2

the problem is those complaining they dont have enough workers are the ones that are refusing to pay decent wages top thais. They want the immigrant workers so they can rip them of and make bigger profits, all they care about is money, they dont give a sh*t about the workers. Until they are made to pay a decent wage to all workers this sh*t will continue but most of those working are not good at what they do anyway, thats why everything in Thailand falls down, cheap material and no one that knows what they are doing.

All things considered, I would run from the army too if I were one of them. Otherwise, flip a coin... Heads, you get deported. Tails, you get sold into a life of slavery and abuse.

Thailand needs has enuff illegal workers in sydney cbd maybe we should start cracking down on them........

What the?

there is many thais working illegally in sydney but the australian military is not cracking down on them because in australia the government doesnt pick on the poor and vunerable