dropped 300 baht in street.....

coconutbar

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, it is amusing to observe how much people can get offended. I'd really recommend reading Bazerman & Chugh (2001) about implicit ethical biases, which give a good idea on how psychological ethics are founded by subjective judgments.

Oh no! A bar Stool psychologist analysing the ethics of posting on an anonymous forum. I bet Will sets parties on fire....

Only at his all male felching parties.

Was Will the one looking for the gerbil not so long ago ?

• Like 2

But, it is amusing to observe how much people can get offended. I'd really recommend reading Bazerman & Chugh (2001) about implicit ethical biases, which give a good idea on how psychological ethics are founded by subjective judgments.

Oh no! A bar Stool psychologist analysing the ethics of posting on an anonymous forum. I bet Will sets parties on fire....

If it quacks like a duck Edited by neverdie

You may be the age of my grandpa. So, in a world of excellence, respect of age comes first regardless of mental capabilities.

Have a care. You'll have him quoting Smegma and Testicle: The Psychological Ethics of all male felching parties (Oxford University Press 1994) soon

Lol

As the president of his club he's entitled to

Quote what ever drivel

Or dribble he sees fit ;)

• Like 1

I left my iphone in a KFC on Monivong Blvd in Phnom Penh a few months back. Realized it back at the hotel room, went rushing back with little hope (it had been at least 20 minutes). As I entered a waitress spotted me and came over, handed me the phone and - this is the topper - repeatedly refused to accept the reward I offered her. Do you realize how many days wages that phone represented to a Khmer waitress? Needless to say, adjusted my perspective a might.

The Cambodian Khmer are like Thais 30 years ago. smile.png

I don't know a lot about Cambodia, but I bet this statement about Thais thirty years ago is very accurate, based on what people have told me about Khmers

You may be the age of my grandpa. So, in a world of excellence, respect of age comes first regardless of mental capabilities.

It must be difficult for you will, knowing that grandpa and gramdma were brother and sister .

Not as difficult as reading your quite miserable posts. But, already, i'll let you have the last absurd word.

It must be difficult for you will, knowing that grandpa and gramdma were brother and sister .

Not as difficult as reading your quite miserable posts. But, already, i'll let you have the last absurd word.

I am still curious about the gerbil....

• Like 1

Sorry to digress and post on-topic but I have also noticed how honest and helpful Thai people are when they found lost articles.

I left my wallet on the counter of a small shop in a mall and when back after I retraced my steps to see if it was still there. The proprietor saw me coming and pulled it out of his drawer and gave it to me. He would not accept any money for a reward.

At a restaurant I paid the bill with 1000 and forgot to take my change, the next time I went there they had my change in an envelope waiting for me because they assumed a 300฿ tip was too much and I forgot my change.

The other day 20฿ fell on the floor when I got my change from paying a bill and I didn't notice it. The girl came outside and brought it to me after I'd left.

I list a wallet in Wisconsin, a trucker found it and mailed it back to me. I thought it was very nice if him, it was empty except for my license. Either him or someone how saw it first was less honest that the Thai people I've encountered here.

With that said, now you can go back to arguing and slagging people off.

• Like 1

why does your mother let you go out alone , she must know you have problems ???

So, you've never carelessly left something behind or lost anything ... ever? I doubt anyone believes that, besides yourself.

I've lost a few marbles, don't think they've been returned to me yet.

Hold on Clutch ... everyone is still looking, but could take ... some time biggrin.png

It amazes me that so many people seem to lose important things like wallets, purses, and phones. I stopped at a roadside market up near Lampang and I found a wallet on the ground with around 3,000 baht. After 10 minutes we tracked the old guy down by telephone numbers in his wallet and we sat around for 15 minutes for him to return. He was most grateful of course and offered a small reward which we declined. He looked like a normal poor farmer and was well over 70yrs old I'd guess.

I'm impressed that a Thai showed up for an appointment.

My first time in Thailand I took a bus trip from Bangkok to Hua Hin. Without knowing, i managed to score what I think was a 2nd or 3rd class bus, making what seemed to be about 100 stops for people to get off and on. About 5 hours later i arrived at my hotel room, only to find I had left my camera bag (DVC and digital still cam.) on the bus. The desk clerk tried to contact the bus company to no avail, but said he would try again in the morning. Next morning I saw him with a huge, beaming smile, telling me my bag was at the bus station. Unfortunately, I was unable to track the person who returned it, but rewarded the desk clerk for his persistence and effort.

In my home country there would have been two possible outcomes to this situation......buckleys and none!!