dropped 300 baht in street.....

coconutbar

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting just to be a clown and looking to attack others'

Isn't that just what you're (trying to) doing now Bonzo?

I see a basic difference. The OP and others like Will were posting neutral or positive statements,

which you and the others began to ridicule immediately with negatives, not about the subject but about the people posting.

I'm not attacking innocuous statements, I'm criticizing mean spirited responses by you and others in the guise of humour.

Will was posting as a pompous bar stool Sigmund Freud wannabee, hence the reason for some of the comments and ridicule

I'll concede that point!

When the OP said he lost some stuff and it was returned, posters ridiculed and called him some nasty stuff.

Will, in an admittedly Frasier Crane sort of way, tried to point out to you guys that it was a mean spirited attack,

you accused him of shoving gerbils up you know where. Now you defended that with "don't you guys have a sense of humour?"

When I pointed out that was juvenile potty humour and mean spirited, you accused me of the same thing.

Would you say the things you say on TV to us in person? I doubt it.

Shoving gerbils where ?.....I made no such comment... I do confess that I queried had he found the gerbil he was looking for, but nowhere did suggest he took said gerbil and inserted into his anus

Would I say these things to a persons face ?......yes I would

You contributed to a running (poor taste) joke about "felching"

Look it up.

Some of your posts on TV are really nasty that I would refrain from saying them to someone directly.

Felching involves a gerbil, I am shocked to hear this, but i will bow down to your knowledge on such matters

I think there needs to be a separate forum for gerbil lovers, this 'hole' insertion stuff is just bizarre.

Agreed, as I am shocked as i am sure as you where to learn that gerbils are used as mere sexual toys by some TV members, I am sure the animal rights lot making comments to "Will" ,and a few others here on TV Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

I understand a hamster, or any small rodent will also suffice according to:

Felching for beginners:The moral and ethical maze of poohey rodents- pp146-159 Gerson and Shiddydik eds (Fulchester University Press 1975)

Is this Dr Will's University?

I understand a hamster, or any small rodent will also suffice according to:

Felching for beginners:The moral and ethical maze of poohey rodents- pp146-159 Gerson and Shiddydik eds (Fulchester University Press 1975)

Is this Dr Will's University?

Correct. I think Dr Will is one of either Gerson or Shiddydik, but I couldn't say which to be honest as both are incredibly pompous and somewhat utterly devoid of humour....

• Like 1

thanks for posting this ..i left my phone in a internet cafe in London and it was gone 5 mins later.

Would it be racist if someone suggested the muslim woman might have taken it ? Just wondering.

No. I have full control of my faculties.

clap2.gif Never inadvertently dropped something while putting it in your pocket? Never were absentminded? clap2.gifQuite the icon of perfection you are there buddy! The word "delusional" is overused and applied incorrectly, however when it is appropriate it fits sooo well. rolleyes.gif

I overtook a pickup full of Thai workers as the road was rough. A couple of minutes later I was being chased down the road on my motorbike with the Thais shouting and waving at me! They caught up with me at a junction, and handed back two bottles of engine oil which had fallen out of my saddlebags. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Yep. Once I left a small shoulder pouch at a restaurant at a bus rest stop. It contained some mint silver dollars that I planned to use as gifts at my destination. (My foolishness because I was half smashed from passing the long ride with a jug of lau kau). When I discovered that the bag was missing I gave it up for lost. Several weeks later I was at the same rest stop and figured that- although hopeless- I may as well inquire about my possessions. The lady with whom I spoke disappeared behind the restaurant for a minute and returned with my pouch. It was dusty and had a blob of dried chicken poot on it but the contents were all there.

Ever dropped money while paying at a 7-11 store? I have. People will bring it to your attention. If there is money precariously sticking out of your pocket people will inform you. No I am not saying this happens to me often but in the past fifteen years I have been able to establish that these helpful and honest responses are typical.

Here's my story.

Last week I was playing golf at Mountain Shadow. At the drink stop between the 12th and 13th hole I bought a bottle of water using money from my plastic Tupperware container. Unfortunately I left it on the counter, and drove away. It had my Rolex and a gold and platinum bracelet, together with 10,000 Baht cash, and a load of old plastic tees in it.

I only noticed it was missing at the end of the game when I went to give my caddie her tip. Panic set in and we rushed back to the drink stop thinking honesty would prevail and the girl would hand it back.

No such luck........IT GONE!!!

• Like 1

"Good story, but why do you need to specify she was Muslim?" They tend to be a bit more moral than average non Muslim in my experience. They try to live by their religions guidelines. Don't hold it against them....

Ah! So that's how he knew she was a Muslim - one of hands had been chopped off. This has been the source of great debate on this thread and you may just have cleared the issue up.

Here's my story.

Last week I was playing golf at Mountain Shadow. At the drink stop between the 12th and 13th hole I bought a bottle of water using money from my plastic Tupperware container. Unfortunately I left it on the counter, and drove away. It had my Rolex and a gold and platinum bracelet, together with 10,000 Baht cash, and a load of old plastic tees in it.

I only noticed it was missing at the end of the game when I went to give my caddie her tip. Panic set in and we rushed back to the drink stop thinking honesty would prevail and the girl would hand it back.

No such luck........IT GONE!!!

Was it necessary to specify Tupperware? A very reputable, international and well loved plastic food storage box company may well have now come into disrepute because of your post.

• Like 1

I picked up a purse in my soi a few days ago. It could only have belonged to a woman who just drove into the soi as I had just walked up the soi past that point a minute previously and it hadn't been there then.

I took it to her house and as soon as she saw it, she was all "OOOOO, yayayablahblah blah OOOOOOO" and called her daughter out who also recognised it immediately and was blabbering aloud. She took it, wai'ed deeply, as did the daughter, opened it, the 6000 baht was still in it. She waied again. Yesterday she brought be a big bag of grapes, and thanked my wife profusely too.

For some reason, I got the impression that they thought I was a good man in that another person may not have returned it. The whole soi (the social ones) is hailing me a hero and thanking me on the woman's behalf. The money must have been for something important.

Last week I found an I-phone on a glass feezer lid. A Muslim woman and I both browsing the freezer had just swapped places and so I thought she had left it there.....I spoke to her and asked if it was hers...it wasn't, but she picked it up and said she will take.it straight to the staff. I thought to myself, "She's just scored an I-phone!" but a few minutes later some staff came to me with the phone and asked me where I had found it. Obviously the woman had handed it in.

I have dropped 1000 baht note in a store and the clerk returned it. I had an credit card slip out of a wallet and the Tuk Tuk returned it. At the behest of my GF i frequently will leave a plastic bag with stuff in it on my motor bike. One time I left my keys in my motorbike and when I came back someone had taken them out of the ignition and placed them in the cup holder….. out of sight.

You obviously haven't read the full thread Phil or understood the psychology of the container versus the contents, which this thread is actually all about.

May I suggest a pm to either Will2011 or HerbalEd perhaps - they're the guys who are the experts

(Dear God please forgive me)

• Like 1

I also mentioned Rolex. Do you think I might have harmed their good name?

You obviously haven't read the full thread Phil or understood the psychology of the container versus the contents, which this thread is actually all about.

May I suggest a pm to either Will2011 or HerbalEd perhaps - they're the guys who are the experts

(Dear God please forgive me)

My mate put a packet of Durex in an orange box in his ex girfriends handbag which were his........magically the box changed colour to blue the day after she was out with her friends.

He asked her where the ones in the orange box were and and said must have lost them.

The next day when he met her she had bought hum a brand new packet of Durex out of her own pocket.

Now how honest is that? cheesy.gif

• Like 1

why does your mother let you go out alone , she must know you have problems ???

cheesy.gif I note that folks like yourself who are undoubtedly Thai bashers do not like a simple truth thrown in your mugs. Quite simply it is that most Thais are decent and honest people. Therefore rather than comment on the topic you attack the guy who recounts these events which you want to know nothing about.wink.png

Result: a bunch of idiotic wisecracks which do not even have the redeeming quality of being the slightest bit amusing or intelligent.tongue.png

Yes. Left my girl friend in the bar and went home for a sleep. Came back 5 hours later and she was still there.................<deleted> ! she's ugly.

In 5 hours, she could have done 10 short-times and return to the bar all relaxed like nothing happened.

So many offtopic posts...

Lost my wallet on the BTS once, with about 5 or 6 thousand bath, cards etc. I noticed it when I wanted to exit the station. Went back to between where I changed trains (Siam) and my last stop, it wasn't anywhere to be found. Filled in a lost property card and went to my room. The misses went beserk, telling me I was stupid to lose so much money and we would't see it back. I told her to have more believe in her countrymen but she said, if it's from a farang they probably keep it.

But we got a call the next day and retrieved it. We asked who found it as we, would like to thank and reward this person. They said one of the platform guards found it along the platform, but they didn't know who. A shame, wished I could have shown my gratitude in person.

During one of my first trips to Thailand I went to a streetvendor who sold coffee. The text was all Thai, the old vendor only spoke Thai. Since we were close to a tourist attraction I wasn't sure if the price would be the common 20 baht or 25-30 baht. Presented him two 20 notes, he took one. :)

Got stuff returned to me back home aswell, really depends on the individual that comes across your belongings. Whenever I find anything that can be linked to an owner or recognized by it's owner, I hand it in (bankcards, wallet, umbrella, ...) . The only thing I do keep is money found on the street. No way to trace that back to an owner...

why does your mother let you go out alone , she must know you have problems ???

cheesy.gif I note that folks like yourself who are undoubtedly Thai bashers do not like a simple truth thrown in your mugs. Quite simply it is that most Thais are decent and honest people. Therefore rather than comment on the topic you attack the guy who recounts these events which you want to know nothing about.wink.png

Result: a bunch of idiotic wisecracks which do not even have the redeeming quality of being the slightest bit amusing or intelligent.tongue.png

BTW what is a shoulder pouch.? ...is that like a handbag ?

• Like 2