Cabinet Gives Themselves A Payrise

george

More pay for Cabinet

BANGKOK: Cabinet members yesterday decided to give themselves a pay rise on April 1 along with raises for civil servants and government employees.

“The salary increases for political appointees are minimal but necessary in order to maintain the pay structure for bureaucrats and elected officials,” said Deputy Prime Minister Vishanu Kruangam.

For example, the prime minister will receive a raise of Bt1,920 a month and a deputy prime minister’s takehome pay will be an additional Bt1,200 a month, Vishanu said.

For civil servants, C 1toC 7level officials will receive a 7percent raise on top of their oneoff increase of two incremental steps on their respective pay scales.

Those ranked C 8 to C 11 are to get a pay increase of 3 per cent plus new position allowances.

Government employees are entitled to salary adjustments at the same rate as civil servants.

MPs and senators are up for salary reviews although their new pay scales will be decided at a later date.

--The Nation 2004-03-10

Cabinet members yesterday decided to give themselves a pay rise on April 1

Good pay-day for the fools! :o

An extra 1920 baht per month in take home pay will make a huge difference to Cheerless Leaders lifestyle. I bet we all envy the lucky bugger.... :D Happy April fools day :D

An extra 1920 baht per month in take home pay will make a huge difference to Cheerless Leaders lifestyle.

Dr. PP, I think Peerless Bleeder has bought the rights to the year 1920 - in future any and all reference to any activity that took place in that year earns him 20 baht.

Peerless Bleeder....I like that too. " Any activity in 1920 " there's a lotta scope to make B I G money for 'imself. A nice lil earner :o