Bang Bao totally ruined

Asiantravel

why did the totally destroy the ambience and delightful rustic charm of Bang Bao’s old fishing village on Koh Chang? I couldn't believe my eyes when I first arrived back the other day after not being there for about one year. Don't they have any regard to maintaining the feel of the place which they could've done I'm sure had they put a bit more thought into covering the walkway.bah.gif

Instead of using timber which would have blended in with the rustic charm of the existing wooden buildings they have used painted rolled steel joists. Absolutely hideous and in my opinion they have destroyed the charm of Bang Bao, completely.facepalm.gif

What's even worse is when I asked a few of the retailers who have premises along the pier if they like it not one person said yes and they spoke as if it was imposed on them rather than having held any kind of consultative process.

Edited by Asiantravel

Many years ago I loved that place. Last trip there, it was packed with tour buses. What a zoo.

I used to like it very much also.

Because they have added this modern structure it not only looks unsightly but it has also considerably narrowed the available space to walk down the narrow pier. But you still have inconsiderate people on motorbikes who want to ride their motorbikes down the pier to the lighthouse. This means that pedestrians wanting to browse in those shops at their leisure have to keep ducking into shops to allow the motorbikes to go by. It sucks!bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

If people are too idle to walk, they could have bought some old bicycles and introduced a policy that only cyclists would be allowed to travel down the pier.

No consideration whatsoever

It was a nice little earner for someone, can't remember the exact figure for the roof construction, but it was a massive amount. I agree, I don't like it, although there are still some good places to eat in the pier.

I'd like to know what moron decided to concrete in all the drains in Whitesands, that was truly moronic, but sadly a reflection of the local tools in island admin.

You can thank the ex-mayor (kamnan, sub-district head, whatever of White Sand Beach) from ~3 years ago for that BS. He lost his position and, just before he left 'office', out of pure vindictiveness, revenge, spite he had his posse pour concrete (at 0300 in the morning) down the main roadside outfall drains...conveniently flooding/ruining the businesses of his political rivals and innocent shopkeepers who had no dog in this fight...

Lol, I thought everyone knew all about this crap facepalm.gif This bonehead move resulted in near-continous floods in the middle of WSB that has only just been fixed (sort of) during the last dry season. Never mind 3 years of the main drag inundated with sewer water and many shops closing...he showed his enemies who not to mess with blink.png

Did he get punished/reprimanded/jailed for his infantile action? HELL NO!!! He's an 'untouchable' on KC, a big contributor to DASTA and a man not to be crossed wink.png

You know, 'face' and all that BS bah.gif

Edited by cloghead
  • Like 2

You can thank the ex-mayor (kamnan, sub-district head, whatever of White Sand Beach) from ~3 years ago for that BS. He lost his position and, just before he left 'office', out of pure vindictiveness, revenge, spite he had his posse pour concrete (at 0300 in the morning) down the main roadside outfall drains...conveniently flooding/ruining the businesses of his political rivals and innocent shopkeepers who had no dog in this fight...

Lol, I thought everyone knew all about this crap facepalm.gif This bonehead move resulted in near-continous floods in the middle of WSB that has only just been fixed (sort of) during the last dry season. Never mind 3 years of the main drag inundated with sewer water and many shops closing...he showed his enemies who not to mess with blink.png

Did he get punished/reprimanded/jailed for his infantile action? HELL NO!!! He's an 'untouchable' on KC, a big contributor to DASTA and a man not to be crossed wink.png

You know, 'face' and all that BS bah.gif

They only filled in the new drains 6 months ago.

Huh? If you mean the miniature culverts on each side of the road, then yeah! and they did a good job for what it is. Even the grating is thick bar and the welds are OK

I'm talking about the previous road-level 'drains' (remember those?) The ones that were placed near the crown of the road and weren't able to catch a cold--let alone water

It's still early days but since the pipes were unblocked there hasn't been any significant flooding so maybe the mess has finally been fixed (for now, anyway)

Let's wait and see what happens in September wink.png

Huh? If you mean the miniature culverts on each side of the road, then yeah! and they did a good job for what it is. Even the grating is thick bar and the welds are OK

I'm talking about the previous road-level 'drains' (remember those?) The ones that were placed near the crown of the road and weren't able to catch a cold--let alone water

It's still early days but since the pipes were unblocked there hasn't been any significant flooding so maybe the mess has finally been fixed (for now, anyway)

Let's wait and see what happens in September wink.png

Yeah, I remember those to. But the culverts were pretty good as well that they put in about two years ago. They concreted them up a few months back. It's a bloody mess, with water everywhere, and the road as usual is already breaking up and that was today. I hate to see what it will be like in September.

• Like 2