Power tool rental? Where can I rent chainsaw etc in Pattaya?

scandinavi

I doubt you will find a chain saw for hire.the owners of these need a licence to own one,a small grinder you can buy for apx 900 baht,there is a website on google search advertising small tool rental...

I did not know license is needed for chainsaw. Is it for stopping illegal logging?

I have seen grinders on second hand markets. I could buy one but still I need chainsaw.

I doubt you will find a chain saw for hire.the owners of these need a licence to own one,a small grinder you can buy for apx 900 baht,there is a website on google search advertising small tool rental...

I did not know license is needed for chainsaw. Is it for stopping illegal logging?

Yes. I thought if the bar was under a certain length it didn't require a license but the Chainsaw Act appears to make no exceptions. Electrical_Saw_Act_English.pdf

Article 4: Does not allow anybody to own, produce or import chain saws except they have received a license from the chain saw registrar.

Does not allow any person who holds a license to modify the chain saw to increase power exceeding that identifed in the license unless they have permission from Chain Saw Registrar.

The allowances follow the rules and conditions as set by ministerial regulation.

Article 7: Everybody who owns a chain saw must have a license or copy license for that chain saw to show to officials immediately when requested.

Article 8: In the case that a person who is allowed to own a chain saw and who wants to lend or give it to another person to use in area that is not identified in the license. The person who holds the license must get a permit identifying the area and period of use for that chain saw from the Chain Saw Registrar. The Chain Saw Registrar must allow or not allow within 15 days from the date of application and if the Chain Saw Registrar does not examine the case and inform the result to the applicant in time, the applicant can assume that they have received approval and use the request appeal document as a permit.

Article 9: A person who obtains a license to use a chain saw under article 4 and then allows the chain saw to be used in illegal ways or contrary to forest law is presumed to be party to that illegal activity.

What are you planning to do? I have a chainsaw and a grinder. Depending on what you're doing I can most likely let you borrow them...

And so another 100+ hectares of prime teak mysteriously disappears...

I am not sure about what I have learned in my fair few years in LOS but I know that I can bribe a cop, buy a medical certificate and probably get away with driving a motorbike the wrong way on a 1-way street, without a helmet and a license while drunk as a skunk.... and bribe the same cop again.

But somehow, I get the sneaking suspicion if my 18" Husqvarna was 'borrowed' by someone, I would quickly find myself in the Bangkok Hilton for a spell before a Royal reprieve and a boot in the arse out of Swampy with a banned for life annotation in the Immigration databases.

What are you planning to do? I have a chainsaw and a grinder. Depending on what you're doing I can most likely let you borrow them...

Thanks.

We decided to wait for gfs relatives to visit with backhoe. Need to remove some tree stumps. I noticed why earlier workers left them so high. Wood is so hard that cutting it ground level would be tough.