New passport

Hi guys!

Sure is treated this topic, but I want to ensure and verify that, as I don´t know even sure.

I want to do a new passport because is running out of pages in Spain as I´m in holidays. I have in my actual passport a re-entry stamp for my IB Visa, for working. So I suppose that when I go at the police control in the Suvarnabhumi I can use both passports, for the police can get from the old passport my re-entry stamp and then I can continue with my IB Visa??

Even that I have also the paper that I have to go every 3 months to immigration. Also my doubt is what is the normal procedure? Where I have to ask for they can change my Visa to the new passport, in the same airport or in the immigration office and if it has any cost??

Thank you.

On entry you will show both passports to use the re-entry permit in the old passport and they will stamp the permit to stay date in your new passport.

You will then need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred. Some immigration offices will want a letter from your embassy stating you got a new passport.

• Like 1

On entry you will show both passports to use the re-entry permit in the old passport and they will stamp the permit to stay date in your new passport.

You will then need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred. Some immigration offices will want a letter from your embassy stating you got a new passport.

Thank you, so I will get a new passport. Has any price?

Vicctor15, hope you are ok with me putting another question to your thread.

When having a thai visa in my old passport, is it possible to simply carry old and new passport together without the need to transfer the visa to the new passport?

Visas are not transferred. If you have a valid visa in your old passport you can wait until you leave the country and they will transfer your entry/permit to stay stamp to your new passport on departure. And then you will use both passports to show the visa in the old passport when you enter the country again.

If you have an extension of stay from immigration they will transfer you stamps and put an annotation of the visa entry that gave you the permit to stay you have been extending. In this case you should do it as soon a possible after getting your new passport.