Khon Kaen Immigration

klikster

Kind of a boring report, but --

Went to the KK Imm office at about 14:00 today, all papers in order save 1, which got copied on-site. Entire process seemed about 15-20 minutes (didn't time it).

Woman Officer at the far right desk (SGM) that I read complaints about from time to time was very pleasant and businesslike.

Only complaint might be -- um -- er -- gimme a minute to think --

• Like 2

Kind of a boring report, but --

Went to the KK Imm office at about 14:00 today, all papers in order save 1, which got copied on-site. Entire process seemed about 15-20 minutes (didn't time it).

Woman Officer at the far right desk (SGM) that I read complaints about from time to time was very pleasant and businesslike.

Only complaint might be -- um -- er -- gimme a minute to think --

Obviously she is on her best behaviour after the coup.

She normally has very sticky fingers......

• Like 1

Previous renewal that she did for me was either 3 or 4 years ago. Today was my second -- never asked for a "tip".

"She normally has very sticky fingers...... "

Pretty strong accusation. Can you back that up or is it just "TV Talk"?

I've had to deal with her 2 times in the last 2 years & both times I've been made to come back the next day with some stupid piece of paper that wasn't on the list that she seemed to invent just to annoy me... with a 400 odd Km round trip on my motor sai not impressed, nasty bitch made me do it with my 7 month pregnant wife last time I hope karma catches up with her soon...

To be honest I can't even remember now but I can certainly remember being bloody annoyed about it both times... I take it from your response that you haven't had to deal with 'that woman' then?... consider yourself lucky there are plenty of us who have had to...

• Like 1

To be honest I can't even remember now but I can certainly remember being bloody annoyed about it both times... I take it from your response that you haven't had to deal with 'that woman' then?... consider yourself lucky there are plenty of us who have had to...

"To be honest I can't even remember now but I can certainly remember being bloody annoyed about it both times"

Pretty convenient, especially after TWO times, and TWO 400 km round trips.

"consider yourself lucky there are plenty of us who have had to... "

Can you actually identify cases or have those slipped your memory as well -- or is this just more "TV Talk".

"I take it from your response that you haven't had to deal with 'that woman' then?"

Actually, I have. It was before the coup.

I thought she acted very professional, and knew what she was doing.

Everything went smoothly, and I was in and out in minutes.

I've seen her there a number of times and have never noticed any 'behavior, on anything that appeared to be out of line. Just what I would expect.

"To be honest I can't even remember now..."

I would think that something invented just for you would stick in your mind.

Maybe your wife can remember?

So, how is the new baby?

Terry

"To be honest I can't even remember now but I can certainly remember being bloody annoyed about it both times"

Can you actually identify cases or have those slipped your memory as well -- or is this just more "TV Talk".

If you actually think that I'm sad enough to post this as fiction for some perverse reason you must be very cynical indeed.. I only commented because this particular lady annoyed me so much, I thought that was the sort of thing you did on forums....

Got my retirement visa, a month ago.

Got served with a smile and courtesy.

Everything done in 1 hour.

I was served by the guy in the middle not the woman.

She was pleasant enough cracking jokes with the other 2 blokes.

When I finished, I asked for a certificate for my Yellow book.

I was told, this would have cost you 500Baht, but I will give it to you for free.

When we left, I asked my wife to pinch me.........are we still in Thailand?

Where is the horror stories I read on TVF?

• Like 2

The "older guy in the middle from last year" went off to a police seminar that usually results in a promotion. May have been promoted and transferred. IMO, if promoted, he deserved it.

Edited by klikster

Got my retirement visa, a month ago.

Got served with a smile and courtesy.

Everything done in 1 hour.

I was served by the guy in the middle not the woman.

She was pleasant enough cracking jokes with the other 2 blokes.

When I finished, I asked for a certificate for my Yellow book.

I was told, this would have cost you 500Baht, but I will give it to you for free.

When we left, I asked my wife to pinch me.........are we still in Thailand?

Where is the horror stories I read on TVF?

I think they are frustration-enhanced specters of the ill-prepared.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you actually think that I'm sad enough to post this as fiction for some perverse reason you must be very cynical indeed.. I only commented because this particular lady annoyed me so much, I thought that was the sort of thing you did on forums....

Should you be annoyed at yourself as well -- for making the same mistake twice? I do have an opinion about your negative comments, but I will keep it to myself.

BTW, how many times have you extended your visa?

I often wonder at the arrogance of some of us farangs -- specially those of us who are less than conversationally fluent in Thai. It seems we expect Thai government employees to be fluent in our language and kow-tow to us as a 5-star resort receptionist might.

• Like 2

No comment from me on the KK Immigration office. Before they opened in KK, one had to travel to the Nong Khai office which I used to describe as a nice place to visit if you want to see grown men cry.

Compared to Korat (Dan Kwian), KK is fantastic. I have heard horror stories about Nong Khai.

NOt sure where to look for acurate info about NON O A Retirement long stay visa. the sources named in old publications on thaivisa with void links are scary because it is hard to obtain all these docs....but also not what is being said by most people now. The government source Immingratin Buearu has little to help.

Is there an official Thai source for what is required to get this visa? The one thing I am shy of is my passport will expire Aug 1015....not the 18 months some are saying is needed for the one year visa. I have two weeks to do something about it, but not sure how long it takes the US Embassy to issue a new passport. It take months to get a passport in the US...not sure how long to get one here.

The few I have read about recent visa of this type only says they have 800000B, docs from bank, etc. Some say not medical doc needed. I was told by a man in Khon Kaen Immigration Office the cost is 26000 if no money in bank, and need medical cert from doctor.

I have the medical cert, money in bank. Contract to show purchase of condo. and Passport until 2015 Aug.

Any help appreciated.

The info may have been somewhere buy my old eyes can not read everything...thanks.

"NOt sure where to look for acurate info about NON O A Retirement long stay visa."

You get an O-A Visa in your home country.

I don't think you know the difference between a visa and an extension.

For an extension at an immigration office you would normally start with an O Visa that you obtained at a Thai consulate abroad.

Within the last 30 days of the entry, go to your local immigration office and apply for an extension.

No medical or police check required for an extension.

Proof of funds in the bank verifies by a letter from your bank.

Passport - does not need to be valid 18 months.

Proof of address.

Application form and photos.

If you bought a condo here, and haven't applied for a Yellow House book, you might consider doing so. It can be used as your proof of address.

There is an US Embassy ACS Outreach visit scheduled for KKC on 16 July. You can apply for a new passport there.

Check the US Embassy website for details of the visits or applying for a passport.

If you apply at an Outereach visit, they'll keep your old passport and return it to you when you get the new one. If you apply at the embassy or consulate itself, you'll get to keep the pp until the new one arrives.

There is a lot of good immigration info at the top of the forum in the pinned topics. Well worth reading.

I was at KK on Friday for 90 day report.

My queue ticket got me to the second desk from left.

A young female officer, very good English, overly friendly.

She was not there 3 months ago,

I was very surprised.

I missed to check, whether the female office boss ( in the back of the office on the right) is still there or has been replaced?

This lady on the right front desk: I had very annoying experience with her. Arrogant, unfriendly, fussy, wrong person on the job.

For my next extension I am thinking of how to avoid her.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Renewed my US Passport last year at a US Embassy ACS Outreach visit. IIRC, the new book arrived by EMS 2-3 weeks later. The embassy staff gave me a letter to show immigration. That outreach program is great. I have used it 2X.

Previous renewal that she did for me was either 3 or 4 years ago. Today was my second -- never asked for a "tip".

"She normally has very sticky fingers...... "

Pretty strong accusation. Can you back that up or is it just "TV Talk"?

Well I know of at least 2 people who got their retirement visas fixed for a fee.

Thanks for reply about OA long stay retirement visa. What I forgot to put was I am currently using a 60 day tourist visa, with a 30 day extension which will run out in two weeks and back to Vientiane again. I wish to get the long term one year type OA retirement visa. I suppose the extension as opposed to the actual visa is different since some things were already established. I am not looking for the extension. I will go monday to see what happens at khon kaen immigration.

So....does anyone know the official source of info and rules, that is current about the original visa, and not the extension. If it is only available in home country...odd you are supposed to have money in thai bank but can not open that account unless you are here. I want to see it in writing. Any one know?

thanks to all

" If it is only available in home country...odd you are supposed to have money in thai bank but can not open that account unless you are here. I want to see it in writing. Any one know?"

For an O-A Visa, not available here, the money can be in a bank outside of Tthailand.

For an extension, the money must be in a bank in Thailand.

The Thai Embassy in your home country will have info about their requirements for a Non O-A Visa.