Khon Kaen Immigration

klikster

Anyone know what the latest paperwork requirement for 90 day report is?

Just visited KK yesterday for my yearly extension..

90 days is the same as before: Application form, previous 90-day receipt notice, copies of relevant pages in passport (photo page, entry stamp page, current visa page).

However, everyone applying for extensions had to fill out two new (to me) forms that basically said you have been officially notified of the penalties for overstay (with a list of overstay duration and corresponding years you will be barred from entering the kingdom) and also that you must report every 90 days (maybe with the penalties as well, I just scanned this sheet quickly).

Hint: If you are socially capable (smile and be nice to those with whom you interact), you can ask for your 90 days and re-entry after they are almost done with your extension and get all three done at once (without having to line up for the latter two). Just make sure all your application forms, passport copies (sans the latest stamps of course), and photos (for re-entry) are ready beforehand, and place them in front of you when your extension is being approved by a superior in the back. Then when your passport comes back, either go copy the latest pages with stamps or tip one of the blur-shirted interns to go do it for you (the interns serve as runners for the officers when it gets busy).

• 1 month later...

90 days is the same as before: Application form, previous 90-day receipt notice, copies of relevant pages in passport (photo page, entry stamp page, current visa page).

However, everyone applying for extensions had to fill out two new (to me) forms that basically said you have been officially notified of the penalties for overstay (with a list of overstay duration and corresponding years you will be barred from entering the kingdom) and also that you must report every 90 days (maybe with the penalties as well, I just scanned this sheet quickly).

Hint: If you are socially capable (smile and be nice to those with whom you interact), you can ask for your 90 days and re-entry after they are almost done with your extension and get all three done at once (without having to line up for the latter two). Just make sure all your application forms, passport copies (sans the latest stamps of course), and photos (for re-entry) are ready beforehand, and place them in front of you when your extension is being approved by a superior in the back. Then when your passport comes back, either go copy the latest pages with stamps or tip one of the blur-shirted interns to go do it for you (the interns serve as runners for the officers when it gets busy).

Do you require proof of address for retirement extensions?

Do you require proof of address for retirement extensions?

yes you need to show your address,(proof). you do not need to do the 90 day report as getting the extension is advising immigration of your address. if they want you to do it it is there way of messing you about

"...you do not need to do the 90 day REPORT as getting the extension is advising immigration of your address."

Only the first extension also acts as a 90 day report.

If they don't put a new report date attached in your passport, you didn't do a report.

If the report isn't due, and they attach a new slip/date in your PP, thank them. They are doing you a favor.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My only complaint from this office is that the last time i went to renew yearly visa extension a couple of months ago, I did as I always do. Walk in, take a ticket and wait for my number to be called.

This time, after about a 45 minute wait when my number was called I went to the officer who then sent me back out to the desk by the entrance. Did not explain why?

Apparently this is where the paperwork is checked by an Assistant.

There was no notice anywher to say that this had to be done and many people suffered the same fate.

I then had to wait in the queue to see her, this taking almost an hour. She was frequently interupted by people from the office and had to go off somewhere to do something.

There was no queue number for this so you had to watch carefully for those trying to jump the queue. Which during my time waiting, happened 3 times.

There was too many people for her to deal with, she should have had help.

Then after I had everything checked, went back in and had to take another ticket number and waited another hour only for the officer to check through everything again and he still

took as long as previous occassions, so If the idea of getting the paperwork checked first was to help speed up the process, it did not work.

I do find that they seem to work very slowly and are constantly stopping to talk to their colleagues or checking their mobile phone.

More ????

Is this a reply to:

Wife went to KK Imm a couple of days ago to do my 90 day report -- no issues. Apparently, KK does not require passport holder to be present.

Which is completely OK. One can send a deputy.

• Like 1