Should I get my BKK police check updated?

My background check from Special Branch Bangkok was completed about 5 years ago.

There is no expiry date on the certificate.

IYHO, is a 5-year old CRB OK, or should I apply for a new certificate?

(During the last 5 years, I have not murdered or molested anybody, and my 1 rai smallholding of best skunk ganga plants has yet to be discovered....)

Simon just like flaunting the fact that he is somehow special as a police volunteer who wears his police decorations to immigration, and now boasting about how has a background check from "Special Branch Bangkok".

I chalk it up to some human variation of small dog syndrome.

I am not sure, but if on your 90 day report you are not listing Bang Kwai Prison as your address and your not on the interpol watch list, I don't know why you would need another one.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am not sure, but if on your 90 day report you are not listing Bang Kwai Prison as your address and your not on the interpol watch list, I don't know why you would need another one.

I am not even sure why he needed the first one.

Huh?? I thought all teachers had to provide a CRB (criminal background check) to their employer?

Since I have lived in Thailand since 2002, my CRB comes from Bangkok, not from the UK.

Or are some of you ignorant of what a CRB is, and the importance of providing one to your employer?

I haven't had a teacher give us a criminal record check for the past two years and they haven't been asking for them when they go to get their non-immigrant B visa.

And no not all of us are ignorant.

I haven't had a teacher give us a criminal record check for the past two years

Sorry Scott, but IMHO that is totally unacceptable. How can you let a teacher (male or female) teach without having a clean CRB from them? (This is not a 'cover all' I know, but I've always been asked to provide such a document when teaching overseas and cannot start teaching until it has been provided).

I just learnt something new about teaching in Thailand....

Simon just like flaunting the fact that he is somehow special as a police volunteer who wears his police decorations to immigration, and now boasting about how has a background check from "Special Branch Bangkok".

I chalk it up to some human variation of small dog syndrome.

I'm waiting for the part where he starts to talk about his wives' hotels.

The whole deal began with John Mark Karr's arrest for suspicion of murdering Jonbenet Ramsey. The gov't then decided that everyone had to have a Criminal Records Check. Over time, it became a bit of hassle and the police didn't seem to like doing it and it became harder and they started to charge. Eventually, it seemed that it was dropped from the paperwork. I think they still list as a requirement, but I haven't heard of anyone needing one for quite a while.

Most of our older teachers had supplied them.

IYHO, is a 5-year old CRB OK, or should I apply for a new certificate?

(During the last 5 years, I have not murdered or molested anybody, and my 1 rai smallholding of best skunk ganga plants has yet to be discovered....)

How many of them did you smoke, when writing this post?----laugh.png

post-108180-0-95650600-1403097361_thumb.

• 11 months later...