Consumers advised to exercise their rights returning RS's World Cup set-top boxes

webfact

Consumers advised to exercise their rights returning RS's World Cup set-top boxes

BANGKOK, 18 June 2014 (NNT) –The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has advised consumers to return RS’ World Cup set-top boxes and cancel the World Cup package.

“It is still displeased though the RS plc has extended the period for returning its set-top boxes to June 20; consumers should have more time. Consumers who are affected can call NBTC’s 1200 hotline while RS should improve its public relations on this case,” said NBTC member Supinya Klangnarong.

The use of subsidized coupons when purchasing related digital equipment has been postponed due to an instruction by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO); she agrees with inspecting the project’s transparency, however, the coupon distributions will definitely be delayed.

Furthermore, she recommends NBTC listen to the public or may implement a previous resolution to distribute 690 bahts worth of coupons for purchasing only a terrestrial digital set-top box, excluding satellite and cable TV.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-18 footer_n.gif

It is a shame for RS, in all honesty. The company didn't actually do anything wrong. It played the buying game, years early, and won - when no other was considering the recompenses or contemplating business transactions when the World Cup arrived closer to the date - as in now.

I'm not biased either way, as I'm not a huge World Cup fan, although I'll likely watch the final between Italy and Brazil 555+ cheesy.gif

RS simply saw ahead of the proverbial game, so why should it cough up to those other blind companies/corporations which missed out through lack of foresight? bah.gif

Edited by UbonRatch

I want my tax money refund. I already have true vision.

Please don't use my 470 million tax money to pay RS.

I'm pretty sure u haven't paid 470 million tax. In fairness the box was only 1500 thb. Not the end of world.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I know what would happen if I tried to sell my RS box back to the shop - in colloquial Thai it would be something like:

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcoffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAumad.gif1zgarz5.gif

That's why RS are wanting them sent or taken to their warehouse in Rangsit.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app