Beer Lovers, Name Your Favourite Drop...

krisb

it is indeed hard to find outside UK a drink called "Beer" which tastes like concentrated decarbonated horse piss as "Ale" does.

come to think of it... in the Greatest Nation on Earth they serve quite often a drink they call "Beer" (in pitchers!) which somehow seems to be ale-related. it tastes like highly diluted carbonated donkey piss.

Just come out and say it.. You tried a real ale once and unfortunately you were served a bad pint from a poor choice of pub ran by a landlord who doesn't know how to keep his ales. It happens to the best of us from time to time.

Either that or You have the pallet of a 15 year old who's just gotten over the taste of lager and is now starting to ask old men outside the off-licence to buy you and your rat-boy mates a 4 pack of super strongbow with your pocket money

Must get a lot of pocket money!

Ok, since a member mentioned some ingredients, seemingly 'hidden' from their ingredient list, and I possibly suspect unlike food companies who are obligated to tell us what they put in their food products, these beer companies don't have to, so why would they then?

Here's a report I found with 5 seconds of Googles help, written by a lady calling herself 'The Food Babe'...yep she's a babe alright!

Have a read of her report, titled 'The Shocking Ingredients In Beer'...bah.gif

Choosing to drink beers brewed using the German Law of Purity, makes good sense, and because of this law, there's no real hangover that chemical beers give off.thumbsup.gif

http://foodbabe.com/2013/07/17/the-shocking-ingredients-in-beer/

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your comment and link this is now a real evidence that a lot of breweries out of germany use real unhealthy chemical ingredient like I posted before.

Look the link below this a rule about to import beer to germany by the german government adopted by the Reinheitsgebot of 1516 which was upgrated in 1993. In the rule of 1516 only 3 ingredients allowed (Wasser, Hopfen, Gerste) since 1993 in top yeast and wheat, anyway Weissbier was brewed long time before the upgrated rule of 1993. This was the reason to extend the rule of 1516 in 1993 that the EU can not blame the germans with their old rules and to force them to allow the import of chemical shit.

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bierv/__1.html

In short the english translation of this link:

"It is not allowed to import any drink under the name "bier, beer etc.) as long they not follow the rule of 1516/1993 and in top in is not allowed to display any pic on the label that somebody could imagine this could be a beer".

This is good so.

I will not blame anybody for his taste caused this subjectiv, and to all guys who still like to drink this chemical shit do it, it's up to you.

I give damn, I will continue to drink sober beer and sober for me when on the bottle the ingredients are displayed, caused breweries who don't do this have somethings to hide.

This is also a german rule all german breweries are forced to display their ingredients on the label.

For example a common german beer, you can buy it almost everywhere.

Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier display all the ingredients on the backside label in different languages.

• Like 1

Outside of the UK proper beer (ale) without all that shit gas added, is very hard to find, next to impossible in fact direct from the cask.

Couple in the USA, and there is a micro brewery in Hong Kong and one just opened in New Delhi as well where you can.. But no where in the world can you get a better bitter than in the UK

it is indeed hard to find outside UK a drink called "Beer" which tastes like concentrated decarbonated horse piss as "Ale" does.

come to think of it... in the Greatest Nation on Earth™ they serve quite often a drink they call "Beer" (in pitchers!) which somehow seems to be ale-related. it tastes like highly diluted carbonated donkey piss.

now where is my flak-jacket, my helmet and is their enough ammunition for my anti-aircraft cannon when the RAF attacks?

attachicon.gifL-dog vvvs.jpg

Hi Naam I like you comment and agree 100% oh shit I'm now I'm in danger too. clap2.gif

Maybe we should meet in the Adlerhorst Obersalzberg nice location with not so a good history I would declare ceasefire for this place and all the sober bierdrinkers are invited to join us.

http://www.kehlsteinhaus.de/

Back in the day,an old favourite of mine when "on the continent".attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1403196589.494841.jpg

Thinking of Hoegarden, my intro to wheat beers. Would there be any other Belgium wheat beers in and around Bangkok? I can't get into the German varieties but have had a good one on draft in Karon/Phuket.

We have loads of them in Toronto but I understand how difficult it would be to get them here.

Another awesome beer, which is my favourite on tap is Caffrey's. Probably impossible to get here but I would be stupid enough, I mean to treat myself even at a cost of 300 baht.

• Like 1

Caffreys is a great beer, hugely popular and it wouldn't surprise me if it's in Thailand at least Bangkok.

Well, when I'm in BKK next I'll make a list of all of the pubs and hit them to find the big "C" - not a bad little project.

Not to be insulting to ppl but I've seen some mention Beer Lao. I just cannot get into it and find it hard to get down. JMO

It's funny that none of the Asian breweries will bring to market their own stout/wheat beers. There's more out there than lagers..

Caffreys is a great beer, hugely popular and it wouldn't surprise me if it's in Thailand at least Bangkok.

Well, when I'm in BKK next I'll make a list of all of the pubs and hit them to find the big "C" - not a bad little project.

Not to be insulting to ppl but I've seen some mention Beer Lao. I just cannot get into it and find it hard to get down. JMO

It's funny that none of the Asian breweries will bring to market their own stout/wheat beers. There's more out there than lagers..

The Japanese are producing some amazing craft beers nowadays, including wheats and stouts. Not many Japanese craft beers available in Thailand, but there are some. Hitachino brewery is the most notable. Their espresso stout and also their sweet stout are very good. Their wheat beer is famous too. I have seen some of them at Tops in Th

The Japanese are producing some amazing craft beers nowadays, including wheats and stouts. Not many Japanese craft beers available in Thailand, but there are some. Hitachino brewery is the most notable. Their espresso stout and also their sweet stout are very good. Their wheat beer is famous too, but my favourite is the Hitachino Pale Ale. I have seen some of these at Tops in Thonglor, Bkk. Otherwise there are some available at www.wishbeer.com, an excellent online beer supplier that will deliver to your door. They have about 300 different beers to chose from. Cheers!

well, Samuel Adams Utopias is and excellent non-carbonated beer to be drunk at room temperature and offers 25.6% alcohol. Quite a kick.

Love to see some of you beer swillers manage a few of these.

I've had several different years of Utopias. It's technically a beer, but it's not beer-like at all. It's good for a sample, but buying a bottle is a bit crazy. Luckily my buddy likes to share.

I'll wager the sharing has more to do with the 50 proof than it being "not beer-like". Most beer drinkers I know don't handle strong alcohol well.

Now there is a guy that knows a thing or two about beers. Abbot ale is a great beer in moderation. How about Harveys best bitter:-

http://www.harveys.org.uk/beers/cask-ale

an excellent ale and one I first came across when I worked in Denmark. Yeah we had a couple of mad Brits that ran a bar and an import business and they imported real ale from the UK and Harveys really was my favourite smile.png

I do quite like the Beer Lao Lager. Have not tried the dark yet but will do so next time I see it in the store.

Why is it so hard to find Beer Lao in Thailand? I have searched many places. Always surprised at how few bars serve it. It is so much better than ANY Thai beer, which I find to me mediocre at best. And why no microbrews? Or craft beers? Why is Thailand so far behind the international curve when it comes to beer?

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What two going together?

Err, favourite beer and, err, oh, memory.

hahaha. biggrin.png Sorry my British humor detector was switched off.

Ha, ha. Always leave your German detector on, the signals might be very faint.

What's your favourite humor? At least we can communicate via beer if not spelling biggrin.png

Now there is a guy that knows a thing or two about beers. Abbot ale is a great beer in moderation. How about Harveys best bitter:-

an excellent ale and one I first came across when I worked in Denmark. Yeah we had a couple of mad Brits that ran a bar and an import business and they imported real ale from the UK and Harveys really was my favourite smile.png

You mean they imported the bottled ale, or are you saying they imported real casks and had them on tap?

I do quite like the Beer Lao Lager. Have not tried the dark yet but will do so next time I see it in the store.

Why is it so hard to find Beer Lao in Thailand? I have searched many places. Always surprised at how few bars serve it. It is so much better than ANY Thai beer, which I find to me mediocre at best. And why no microbrews? Or craft beers? Why is Thailand so far behind the international curve when it comes to beer?

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I found the Beer Lao Dark Lager in Foodland over last weekend. Quite good, but still prefer the light lager.

You mean they imported the bottled ale, or are you saying they imported real casks and had them on tap?

I work for a Danish company and visit Denmark a lot and and they prefer Belgian beer and have a lot of local good stuff from micro breweries compaired to some British dishwater.

I work for a Danish company and visit Denmark a lot and and they prefer Belgian beer and have a lot of local good stuff from micro breweries compaired to some British dishwater.

Your a girl then......?

Your a girl then......?

Nope butt have seen a lot of British pub crawlers go face down after drinking Belgium beer in the lovely touristical town of Bruges when the British pound was doing great, so who's a girl then?

Nope butt maybe something wrong with the taste buds from people accross the channel.

Perhaps you fear English real ale....whistling.gif To make the "dish water" statement makes me think you have never tried real ale/beer. Obviously not. Soooo, think you should back off from the "English beer dish water" statement.

PS. Some of us English folk drink beer like wine, flavour, characteristics, NOT how quick we can get drunk like yourself....................coffee1.gif ...................rolleyes.gif