Hiring Part Time Maid/cook - Good Website?

I would like to hire a part-time cook (with some light laundry duties) for a couple of months in BKK.

Does anyone know of a good temp agency for housekeepers/cooks?

The few Thai-based job sites I know of had no such categories.

Part of the BAMBI site lists Maids that are available when people are leaving Thailand (click here). You may be able to find someone there who would do a few months work. I think most of the maids there are looking for full-time jobs but I think you can also post a Help Wanted ad yourself there.

If you have access to the Bangkok Guide from the Australia/New Zealand Womens Group, I think it also lists various agencies. Some details are online here but the names of the agencies are only in the book (which I don't have with me know).

The other alternative is to just post up an advert in your building or if there is a bulletin board in a nearby store (I think the Villa near us has one).

Theres an organisation on Soi Ruamrudee called Goodwill where we got our maid and she has been great. They train women from poorer backgrounds in computers and English language, and them try to find them jobs.

Google search it and you will find their website easily.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Thanks! That's good info. I also didn't think about posting a notice on the bulletin board (duh)

Appologies to the OP i can't help with his question but i have a lady who comes to clean my house 3 times per week. She is Thai and speaks fairly good English.

She is here for approximately 2 hours each time depending on what needs to be done (cleaning, laundry etc). She does NOT do any cooking or run any errands.

I currently pay her 3500 baht per month. Is this the right figure? How much do you guys pay your maids?

Thanks.

We pay our maid (9.30-6, 6days a week) 7500THB/month, plus overtime at a very generous rate. With one night of babysitting and a couple of extra half hours here and there she takes home around 9000/month.

I just found out the maid in the place where I am makes about 6k per month plus some extras. (Total of about 10k per month)

She works about 10 hours a day, 6 days a week.

No one seems to know how to cook, though!

A fair rate for a full time maid is 7000 bht up altho' most Thais will insist that 5000 - 6000 is more than sufficient! But maid who have worked for farangs usually expect 9000 bht or more. Those on Bambi site tend to expect 10,000 and above! I have a part time maid who comes in 6 days a week for 3 - 4 hours and only asks for 2800 bht but I give her 3000 bht because she is very honest and great. I believe in paying a fair wage especially if that person has to look after your kids. The only problem I have is that many maids jsut want more, more , more because we are farangs and I have actually encountered some who think 10,000 is too little! I mean seriously, some graduates aren't even paid that! At the end of the day, you should pay what you can afford comfortably or what you think your maid is worth, and make sure that your maid is happy with her pay because happy workers are loyal workers....some times.

Our maid started yesterday. She works 6 days a week from 8-6 and gets 3500 per month, plus room and board. She also earns a little extra cleaning my wife's sisters house.

I would have paid her more, but my wife does tne negotiating, lol.