Hotel in Vientiane

There are dumps and there are expensive hotels that are a bit better. Commies, you know. I stay at a dump on the river road just around the corner from the consulate. Nong (something) I think it's 450 Baht a night. You might pay more but you won't get much more.

It seems the better hotels are 3-4 k Baht.

If you do it right you only have to stay 1 night.

Just stayed at the riverside hotel for 800 baht a night

good location near the mekong

right across the street from great restaurant

free wifi

air con and water good

2 eggs anbd 2 bread - free breakfast

100 baht tuk tuk from embassy

I recomend you 2 hotels

1.Douangpraseuth Hotel 1min walking to embassy

http://www.booking.com/hotel/la/douangpraseuth.en.html?aid=356995;label=gog235jc-country-en-gb-XX-unspec-th-com-L%3Aen--V%3A0CDMQFjAAO%3Aunk-B%3Aunk-N%3AXX-S%3Abo;sid=3d926a0ff2a72a8dca94c5abfa577652;dcid=1

2. Viengvang Hotel 1min walking to embassy.

one night start from 500THB

Air,Hot shower,TV,Free WIFI PHONE NO:00985621 261 401

Edited by SUSHI SHOGUN

Suradeth Hotel is a 10 minute walk from the Thai consulate. Smallish but decent rooms and a garden setting. Rooms were B600 when I last stayed 2 years ago. There is an attached disco so I always asked for a room in the rear of the building.

The area can be quiet at night and difficult to get a tuk-tuk if you want to go into the nightlife area.

Directions: Exiting the Consulate gate, turn right, then left at the intersection. Walk about 400 meters and take the first right. I believe there is a small sign there for the hotel. The hotel is about 50 meters on the right side.

The river-side area is not far from the Thai embassy and has a much better ambiance - there are many restaurants and pubs in the area and a great River-side park as well. Getting from there to the embassy is a 20 minute walk or a quick tuk-tuk ride. Depending on what you are looking for - this may be a better choice than staying close to the Thai embassy.