Alternative Breast Cancer Treatment

mbkudu

Mark

Just what research have you done yourself into vaccines?

I work at the biggest vaccine research site in the world at the company with the largest share of the vaccine market in the world - at least until Friday I do.

I think you proved you talk pish in your silly statement about clinical trials not taking place on women so your even sillier inference about vacines should be scorned too.

You speak absolute rubbish and are show to do so.

Pray tell me your research into vaccines and your qualifications in this area?

I assume if you ever have children (Buddha forbid) you will not be having them vaccinated and instead telling them to laugh and they will never catch any childhood diseases that can kill or cause irreparable damage?

While you are on it can you show me any clinical studies showing any of the quack treatments you propose have any effifacy or effectiveness - thought not!!!!

Do you know the greatest advancement in medical science over the last 200 years?

The randomised, double clind clinical trial - because we can now tell what works and what does not - guess what most of the quack remedies proposed by the charlatans proposing most alternative therapies can just not stand up to science

Try www.quackwatch.com in your independent research matey boy

Edited by Prakanong2005

Now, now, let's not fight. We're all here to try to help the OP, or should be.

For ethical reasons, reputable cancer vaccine trials are limited to either people whose prognosis with conventional treatment is very poor (not the case here) or people who have conventional treatment with the vaccine being an additional, not substitute, intervention. Prakanong works for a very reputable company so I expect this would apply to the trials he mentions.

Of course ethically any new oncology trials must be trialled first in those who have had all other avenues explored.

I have not worked on vaccine oncology trials but have on pharma and its pretty depressing reading CRF's due to the prognosis of most subjects - especially in early stage trials.

I do think Mark has a bee in his bonnet about vaccines in general and not just therapeutic oncology trials though.

Its just a blessing that most rational educated people do not follow quacks advice about vaccines and thus we delivered 1.5 billion doses last year.

With the launch of recent vaccines like Rota and in the near future for Cervical Cancer and Malaria we will be saving 100,000's more each year - I do not see laughing and colonic irrigation doing that :o

The science says it all - nuff said

There are different thoughts and each is entitled to thier own.

Coming from inside the vaccine community you will have one point of view. Thats cool. But understand it as such.

I have a different point of view. Thats cool too.

quackwatch may expose some quacks but is also a pace to put on people that don't subscribe to the 'normal' point of view thats handed down..

A good place to put anyone who steps out of line and thinks for themselves.

If anyone does reasearch I strongly suggesting lookming at the source more than the info..

Like I said The Ecologist looked at 15,000 food and drug researchers and found 75 to be independant... Think about that for a second.. Of course they may be on quack watch-they are certainly a candidate as they talk about things they shouldn't.

http://www.mercola.com/2002/apr/27/sv40.htm

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/vacci...ntvaccinees.asp

http://www.aapsonline.org/nod/newsofday295.php

http://www.mercola.com/2004/sep/22/blayloc...ine_coverup.htm

http://www.mercola.com/2005/sep/20/new_flu...ith_mercury.htm

mercola.com is an easy place to find stuff fast and it comes from many sources like drs being the third leading cause of death in the US comes from the highly respected JAMA

But you can spend more time and find plenty from other sources-that was all in a 15min search

Its all who and what you believe and subscribe to.

Not sure but mercola is doing a good enough job in sharing the truth as he sees it that he quite likely is on quackwatch.. if not should be soon :o

Use intuition and common sense from your own brain and look at both sides. Don't just take the authorities word or mine or anyone elses.

God forbid we look for ourselves.

peace

Mark

The CDC is a very good site but come on - Smallpox vaccine - thats such a universal vaccine now isn't it not - why not ask about Jenner's milk maids?

I thought you might even have brought up the discrdited crap about MMR

As for that old chestnut about mercury and vaccines that was dead and buried before it started for anyone with a brain - its a different type of mercury and the amounts are not enough to harm.

Antway most pediatric vaccines are made without thirmersol now anyway or are moving that way but the basic premise that it was harmful in vaccines is wrong

Every single medicine including vaccines will have AE's for some population sample - the fact is these AE's are very very rare in vaccines.

The fact is vaccines do far more harm than good - they have saved millions of lives and from the devastating effects of many diseases that were common in our parents times including polio, measles TB etc.

The fact is vaccines are going to do even more good in the future - that include both the near term and the mid-term.

This year we will hve a vaccine against cervical cancer which kills 100's of thousands of women each year - disproporionately so in the developing world - a vaccination prgramme will go along way to helping with this

The Malaria vaccines will save 100's of thousands of lives a year - that will be running soon and with the help of Bill and Miranda Gates it would not be so.

I am sure the ne TB vaccine against the resistant strain will be along and hopefully in 15-20 years an HIV vaccine

Mengingitis and Rota virus kil many in the developing worl each year - vacines are helping right now

All in all are you against vaccines?

All in all, as a rule of thumb, yes I am.

Like I said its a whole different paradigm and belief system and who you believe.

What I have found scares the hel_l out of me with vaccines.

Its interesting how independant research shows differnt things..

Like BEFORE vaccines started to become used hygene was making a big difference in stopping these big problems... They were going away BEFORE vaccines.

There are countless records and I have talked to many people who have indeed suffered from vaccines. Like I talked to a woman who got polio from the polio vaccine.

You may say but it has helped millions... The is your belief. Not mine. You find evidnece that that is true. I find evidence that it isn't. Who do you choose to believe? The gov and industry controled research or independant research? Believe in sickness or health? Believe we are created flawed and weak and need to be reliant on gov and med community or that we can take responsibiliy for our own life and health...

Its two different schools of thought..

My numbers maybe slightly off (nad dates) but if you want to research it you'll find out..

small pox example

1912-small poc out break in Phillapines. kills about 10% of population..

small pox vaccines go throughout country

next out break kills 25% of population..

More vaccinations

Next out break kills 48%!!!!!!!! Hardest hit is Manilla whos population were 96% vaccinated and most more than once. Manilla is the hardest hit with about 70odd% killed.

One of the small islands that refused vaccinations-about 12% killed.

This is not an isolated incident.

I'm not trying to prove anything right now. Just saying there is evidence IF someone chooses to look and look outside those powers that be.

I know quite a few health professionals that believe this. But they can't talk about it for fear of loosing thier jobs etc

IF one looks, it is interesting what one finds.

The parents practically forced to vaccinate kids. Parents whos kids were find untill after getting vaccinated and then getting autism, mental cases etc

There IS contradictary evidence that vaccines are even effective. All I'm saying is that there are different view points.

Its a different paradigm and belief. Belief in self and health or government and drugs for stopping sickness.

(frankly I'm interested in people who study health more than those who only study sickness)

I don't go to the the insurance company and see who has the worse driving record to go learn from to be a race car driver. Something profoundly wrong (IMO) in studying only sickness and not health.

All I want to say is that there ARE more views than one and just cause one comes from experts (the ones incontrole or that follow the same thinking) doesn't mean there isn't any solid evidence etc on the otherside or experts for that matter. Just cause they don't conform doesn't mean they are quacks.

Don't believe what I say but don't blindly believe anyone either..

Just look a little is my suggestion

I just received an email from my brother from the States today that our mother has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. She, like many Americans, does not have health insurance because it is not affordable. She will travel here to have the treatment. If anyone has a recommendation for a hospital in Bangkok or in Thailand that uses alternative types of treatment other than chemotherapy or radiation for breast cancer, I would appreciate any help. Any recommendations for a hospital that uses regular breast cancer treatment would also be of help. It is a sad time for us. Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Mbk

I was told there was a something on UK television this week regarding mistletoe injections for treating cancer, a quick search on google says it is used mainly in europe and on trial in US. Might be worth looking at. I keep on note on these things as my mum had breast cancer at the same age I am now. She had surgery and radiotherapy and was put on tamoxafin (sorry if wrong spelling), which was quite successful. This was over 20 years ago so I should hope things have improved.

I was told there was a something on UK television this week regarding mistletoe injections for treating cancer, a quick search on google says it is used mainly in europe and on trial in US. Might be worth looking at. I keep on note on these things as my mum had breast cancer at the same age I am now. She had surgery and radiotherapy and was put on tamoxafin (sorry if wrong spelling), which was quite successful. This was over 20 years ago so I should hope things have improved.

Things have improved quite a bit, especially in terms of surgery since it has been found that for stage 0 & I Ca of the Breast, conservative procedures ("lumpectomies") plus radiation are just as effective as mastectomy. Also, there is much more knowledge about the different types of Breast tumors and a wider range of chemotherapy available suited to different tumor types.

However, these advances will not help anyone who opts for mistletoe injections (or any other non-allopathic treatment) instead of availing of modern advances. However, there is no harm and who knows, possibly some good, in adding mistletoe, homeopathy & the like to the regimen as long as it complements rather than replaces modern treatment.

Mark

Its getting totally off topic and you are welcome to your beleifs - as thatrs all they are - you have no scientific evidence while the weight of effifacy and effectiveness is on the side of vaccines.

Your anecdotes are not data and no matter what the evidence you will always choose to belive in conspiracies of dunces.

Good luck with your life

BTW: Today may be my very last day working on the vaccines side - I am still waiting of a firm job offer but I will be leaving this site today. I have worked with so many dedicated and absolutely brilliant people dedicated to the cause of improving health and saving lives its humbling - I have learned so much and take a lot away with me.

Why thanks you. A good luck with your job.

I'm sure you worked with many wonderful people.

I think there is plenty of eveidence to support some of my beliefs in this area.

Its all about a willingness to look honestly and with an open mind.

First off I would like to thank everyone for the advice and genuine concern for my family situation.

I've never gotten so many responses from a thread that I started.

Secondly, my mom's tests came back negative, she does not have cancer. The lump inside is not cancerous, but must be removed nonetheless. She is going to have the sergury done in the States and should be back at work soon after it's done. A breast cancer foundation is going to help her with the costs as well. Good news all around. :o Cheers, Mbk

Just thought I'd show these figures for anybody considering Thailand over the West for medical treatment.

If my mother had had breast cancer and went through the whole process: surgery, chemo, radiation, doctor fees, admin fees; the total would have been anywhere from $US 20,000-30,000

at a top hospital like Bangkok Hospital or Bumrungrad.

She told me that it would have been a minimum of $US 250,000 in the US where she is now. This is without any health insurance, which she doesn't have. Just the consultation and exam at many US hospitals can cost as much as $US 5,000. That would have been about the cost of her surgery here in Bangkok.

There is a silver lining though. There is a breast cancer foundation where she is that will pay for her surgery to remove the lump that she has. They can't pay beyond that and luckily that's all she needs.

To anyone considering another country for treatment I would say do it and Thailand is a good choice. Even with a health insurance deductable some situations might even be more affordable here. My experiences talking with the staff and doctors at all the hospitals I went to visit were good.

First off I would like to thank everyone for the advice and genuine concern for my family situation.

I've never gotten so many responses from a thread that I started.

Secondly, my mom's tests came back negative, she does not have cancer. The lump inside is not cancerous, but must be removed nonetheless. She is going to have the sergury done in the States and should be back at work soon after it's done. A breast cancer foundation is going to help her with the costs as well. Good news all around. :o Cheers, Mbk

good news. many a time the lump is non-cancerous, but should never be discounted. women 40 and over should be getting mammograms at least once every 1 - 2 years--early detection is key to survival: 5-year survival rate is virtually 100% if diagnosed in situ. your mom may be able to qualify for free or low cost mammograms.

standard care for breast ca in thailand is some form of mastectomy, followed up with radiation and/or chemotherapy. survival rates relate to stage of diagnosis, other things being equal.

while breast cancer is not as common in thailand, relative to the us, it is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women in bkk. cervical, lung, and liver cancers are more common in the other regions of thailand. fortunately, the thai government makes pap testing and mammography very cheap, if not entirely free...unfortunately, most of these services go largely underutilized--"why should i go to the doctor if nothing is wrong" is all too often said by women, particularly those upcountry. when something IS wrong, it IS too late.

milesm