Uganda slammed with sanctions over anti-gay laws

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. The extremist anti-gay persecution laws directly influenced by American fundamentals.

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/god-loves-uganda/pastor-scott-lively

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anyone having trouble sleeping at night, should consider watching Lively speak about homosexuals. He isn't exactly a dynamic speaker or the dangerous person you make him out to be.

Oh wait, the "movieweb" video you posted above is further proof Lively is influencing Uganda, and 31 other African nations to persecute homosexuals, lol.

Irrelevant again. Nothing to do with Uganda.

LOL.

Your 2 posts, in response to my posts, also have nothing to do with Uganda.

Can you see the irony?

Or too many dots again.....?

These may get deleted as irrelevant, but I am enjoying this.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The legislation "runs counter to universal human rights and complicates our bilateral relationship," the White House said, renewing calls for the law to be repealed.

I don't like Uganda's new law on gays.

I don't like the bible 'cos it's a joke (everything created in 6 days and God has a day off - yeah, right).

Although the parables of Jesus making interesting stories for kids and when I was a kid, the Hollywood movie interpretations of biblical stories were awesome.

I don't like the koran because I'm an infidel.

And as for the White House bleating about human rights, IMO that is a particularly sick joke. Guantanamo Bay is one of the most public abuses of human rights by any nation.

I think you may be living in darkness. "The Bible contains 66 books written over 1,500 years by 40 different writers but it tells one "big story" of God's plan of salvation that culminated in Jesus Christ. You can't even pass a secret around a circle of 12 people and get the same message at the end." Don't feel lonely. Many Liberals believe the same as you.

In Uganda this persecution is justified by a toxic version of Christianity not Islam.

It's in the Old Testament, or are you saying it's ok to pick and chose what parts of the bible are ok. That's how sects start.

when ol' prophet Mohamed started copying and pasting from the Bible he had no access to any "new" Christian version. but my assumption is, even if he had he wouldn't have used the new "softie" boring version without interesting reports such as when which general presented 8,000 Philistine foreskins to which Jewish king in power, which ethnic group should be slain or cleansed from the promised land based on clear orders from the LORD HIMself because they were "unbelievers" and worshipped idols and last not least Leviticus was none of the Gospel's authors.

perhaps Museveni and his followers think the Old Testament is applicable in Uganda. who knows what's going on in their brains?

whistling.gif

Edited by Naam

Sharia Law in Brunei, and now these gay-bashing laws in Ugunda. Sad news.

In the OP it mentions reporting on others. Great. Now, if someone has a dispute with another, they can simply go in to the police station and say, "Guambo Bononi is a butt-f#cker" ...and get the guy slapped in jail for 20 years.

I believe that some posters are attributing this to Islam. It would seem that at least some of the impetus for these laws is Christian, so it might be best to leave the religious aspect alone unless you are stating factual information.

Again suggest watching God Loves Uganda for info about both the persecution of gays there and also the influence of American Christian fundamentalist politics there related to this issue.

I believe that some posters are attributing this to Islam. It would seem that at least some of the impetus for these laws is Christian, so it might be best to leave the religious aspect alone unless you are stating factual information.

Well the first thing we need to do is establish what exactly is meant by the term Christain?

I would assume (wrongly no doubt) this means a follower of Christ.

Can anyone please point to any verse in the bible where Christ made any remarks about gay people.

Again suggest watching God Loves Uganda for info about both the persecution of gays there and also the influence of American Christian fundamentalist politics there related to this issue.

Thanks for the heads up on this riveting documentary by Rogers Ross Williams. "God Loves Uganda" won several awards that are listed below.

Well the first thing we need to do is establish what exactly is meant by the term Christain?

I would assume (wrongly no doubt) this means a follower of Christ.

Can anyone please point to any verse in the bible where Christ made any remarks about gay people.

JC if he existed is supposed to have said he wasn't here to overturn the Laws of Moses. Which is incorporated into Book of Deuteronomy.

Take a look at http://biblehub.com/leviticus/18-22.htm

Gives various versions. My 'schooling' was with the King James Bible:

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

EDIT: Didn't read your question properly. Leviticus is bible old testament. I don't believe the bible has anything about Christ commenting on gay people.

Edited by sean in udon

Take a look at http://biblehub.com/leviticus/18-22.htm

Gives various versions. My 'schooling' was with the King James Bible:

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

EDIT: Didn't read your question properly. Leviticus is bible old testament. I don't believe the bible has anything about Christ commenting on gay people.

This is the same bible that, among other such interesting pronouncements, advocates that it is acceptable to sell your eldest daughter into slavery.

I expect that you have already commented on the thread about the Burmese flower selling children, giving your wholehearted support to their parents' actions, because heaven forbid you get accused of cherry picking from the 'Good Book'!

We're getting off topic a little here, but I wasn't cherry picking. Simply providing some information to a fellow TVF member.

I think your comment infers that I'm pro Christ/Christianity/the bible.

I'm no bible basher but was, unfortunately, raised catholic. As I got older and wiser, I made it a point to educate myself thoroughly about the bible. 'Know your enemy' is too strong a phrase for how I feel about religion, but is accurate to a good degree.

I enjoy a good debate when I'm well equipped with facts. The Jehovah's stopped coming to my house because I was always happy to 'discuss' with them and pull their interpretation of the bible to pieces. On one occasion the Jehovah 'discussing' with me got quite agitated and started raising his voice. One of his superiors stepped in and apologised.

The converted trying to change the views of the unconvertible is a waste of time and energy. The reverse is not always true.

• Like 1

We're getting off topic a little here, but I wasn't cherry picking. Simply providing some information to a fellow TVF member.

I think your comment infers that I'm pro Christ/Christianity/the bible.

You are correct - I took the incorrect inference from your earlier comment so, for that, I apologise.

• Like 1

Apology appreciated and graciously accepted.

I think we're on the same page where religion is concerned.

Could you provide a link for the Burmese flower children that you mentioned? I've searched with a few combinations of words but can't find anything.

• Like 1

Apology appreciated and graciously accepted.

I think we're on the same page where religion is concerned.

Could you provide a link for the Burmese flower children that you mentioned? I've searched with a few combinations of words but can't find anything.

I think he is referring to this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/736683-trafficker-of-rose-selling-children-on-bangkoks-khaosan-road-arrested/

• Like 2

More background on this issue and STRONG evidence of the DIRECT influence of American right wing Christian anti-gay hate mongers on the newer, harsher severe anti-gay laws. Definitely worth watching especially for the fantastic coverage of the brave Ugandan transgender activist (starting about minute 12):