How soon can I extend my ED visa?

My current extension of stay expires on July 17. I know the 90-report can be made 15 days prior to the date on the notification slip, but does the same margin apply to the actual visa? Or how soon can I get it extended?

Does that mean you'll still get an additional 30 (or 45) days or would you lose the days that haven't passed?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You gain or loose nothing by doing it early. Extensions of stay start from the current permit to stay date you have when you apply for it.

• 6 months later...

You could apply for the extension of stay (it is not a visa) now if you have the documents from the school. You can apply up to 30 days early (45 days at some offices).

Is this still accurate? I was told by the staff at my school that now it must be done on the day of expiration or the last working day prior if it expires on a weekend or holiday.

You could apply for the extension of stay (it is not a visa) now if you have the documents from the school. You can apply up to 30 days early (45 days at some offices).

Is this still accurate? I was told by the staff at my school that now it must be done on the day of expiration or the last working day prior if it expires on a weekend or holiday.

There is no such immigration rule or policy. You can still do it up to 30 days early.

There is no such immigration rule or policy. You can still do it up to 30 days early.

Thanks. That's what I thought.