Malaria treatment with a plant instead of vaxines ?

Sandman77

Hello!

Just watching on all jazzira a report of malaria in Nigeria over 100 million case in one year, and how the treatment looks in local hospitals!

Talking about a plant called artisima

What is the full name of this plant?

With less side effects comparing to a vaxine?

Last year i got first time malaria symtoms and typhus together with 41 fever , staying one week in bangrunggrad hospital Bangkok for treatment!

This year I got a injection against typhus , doctor told 100 Procent protection with injection, but with tablets only around 70 Procent!

Must typhus be renewed after one year?

As far as I'm aware there are no vaccines for malaria currently in use.....are you referring to "Artemisinins"?

WHO - "The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends artemisinin-based combination therapy (ACT) for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria due to Plasmodium falciparum (P. falciparum). ACTs recommended by WHO combine an artemisinin derivative such as artemether, artesunate or dihydroartemisinin with an effective antimalarial medicine. The five currently recommended ACTs are listed in the WHO guidelines for the treatment of malaria, 2010 (1). A number of herbal remedies made of Artemisia annua L. (A. annua) dry leaves are suggested for the treatment and prevention of malaria. However, WHO does not recommend the use A. annua plant material ,in any form, including tea, for the treatment or the prevention of malaria. "

Here's another clip from wiki...

"Use of the drug by itself as a monotherapy is explicitly discouraged by the World Health Organization, as there have been signs that malarial parasites are developing resistance to the drug. Therapies that combine artemisinin with some other antimalarial drug are the preferred"

It is very effective.

I have had Malaria 3 times, always in Mozambique.

The 1st time was real bad, treated with a Quinine drip and sick for about 10 days.

The other 2 times, I took Artinisium and doxycycline (not sure on spellings). I was back up and running after 24hrs.

Pretty sure the big drug companies are keeping a lid on this for obvious reasons. It is a cheap and plentiful treatment that I believe derives from China.

It is very effective.

I have had Malaria 3 times, always in Mozambique.

The 1st time was real bad, treated with a Quinine drip and sick for about 10 days.

The other 2 times, I took Artinisium and doxycycline (not sure on spellings). I was back up and running after 24hrs.

Pretty sure the big drug companies are keeping a lid on this for obvious reasons. It is a cheap and plentiful treatment that I believe derives from China.

Keeping a lid on what?

Quinine-based antimalarials used to be widely available. Not so much nowadays since mosquitos are pretty much resistant.

Artemisinin was first extracted from a Chinese plant used in traditional, Artemisia annua, but is now produced semi-synthetically, and is perhaps the first choice (in combination therapies) for treatment of malaria in many parts of the world. It's sold cheaply. Unfortunately, resistance is beginning to appear, and is a problem on the Burma border with Thailand.

Doxycyclin is a conventional, cheap tetracycline antibiotic.

It's not always a case of big, bad pharma.

Yes, it is always a case of big, bad pharma.... :)

How do you know mosquitos are becoming resistant to it ?? Because you have been told or read it right...

If I could grow a plant in my back garden that would stop me getting malaria, what would be the affect on these companies ??

Yes, it is always a case of big, bad pharma.... smile.png

How do you know mosquitos are becoming resistant to it ?? Because you have been told or read it right...

If I could grow a plant in my back garden that would stop me getting malaria, what would be the affect on these companies ??

Yes, because I've read it, in reputable, peer-reviewed scientific journals and in authoritative report from the likes of the World Health Organisation.

The problem with taking a herbal remedy is that there's no guarantee on the quantity of active ingredient in it, or the presence of other compounds which might have negative effects upon the body. Give me a highly pure, accurately dosed pill or injection every time.

Incidentally, these drugs are used in the treatment of malaria, not in the prevention thereof. (Though in the old days a glass of gin and tonic (which contains quinine) was thought to ward off malaria.)

Yes, it is always a case of big, bad pharma.... smile.png

Yes, because I've read it, in reputable, peer-reviewed scientific journals and in authoritative report from the likes of the World Health Organisation.

The problem with taking a herbal remedy is that there's no guarantee on the quantity of active ingredient in it, or the presence of other compounds which might have negative effects upon the body. Give me a highly pure, accurately dosed pill or injection every time.

Incidentally, these drugs are used in the treatment of malaria, not in the prevention thereof. (Though in the old days a glass of gin and tonic (which contains quinine) was thought to ward off malaria.)

Not everything that is in print is correct, which has been proven many times and in many fields.

But, each to their own...

Give me natural any time.

Thx for info!

How many diffrent types of malaria we have here in Asia and in Thailand ?

I read some Bangkok areas are more affected then other regions!

Dr told me in hospital every malaria type need another type of treatment!

Light symtoms first time I also got from Angkor watt, watching the tomb raider movie tempel 5 I clock sunset

Some mosquito bite me, but. The

Symthoms come 3 weeks later when I was allready in my home country hot and cold I feel, taking a hot bath 5 times a day and medication I got

From tropical institute after blood and health check up to 3 week

Thx for info!

How many diffrent types of malaria we have here in Asia and in Thailand ?

I read some Bangkok areas are more affected then other regions!

Dr told me in hospital every malaria type need another type of treatment!

Light symtoms first time I also got from Angkor watt, watching the tomb raider movie tempel 5 I clock sunset

Some mosquito bite me, but. The

Symthoms come 3 weeks later when I was allready in my home country hot and cold I feel, taking a hot bath 5 times a day and medication I got

From tropical institute after blood and health check up to 3 week

There is no malaria in Bangkok nor in any of the other cities/towns of Thailand, only in heavily forested areas mostly near the Cambodian and Burmese borders.

There are 2 types of malaria in southeast asia: Vivax and Falciparum.

(Though in the old days a glass of gin and tonic (which contains quinine) was thought to ward off malaria.)

Had a lot of Gin & Tonic in my days, never had Malaria, therefore it must work. tongue.png
Precisely the kind of false logic that needs to be avoided at all costs on this particular forum.....even in jest Edited by wilcopops