Motorbike Alarm (chiang mai)

Find a picture of a motorcycle alarm on the interweb and armed with it go to a couple of motorbike accessory shops. One of them will have something. While there buy at least two good quality disk locks and always use them

The next question is will the alarm wake up the security guard and will he then stop the theft in progress? 

• 3 weeks later...

I would avoid Xena like the plague. I had many problems with mine, as have others - do a google seach and you will discover the extent of the failures of Xena. I now use my Xena as a very expensive disc padlock as I had to remove the battery to stop constant false alarms. There are other - more expensive - alarm locks on the market that do not have the litany of sensor failures. I haven't used one so can't really recommend any names.

I agree with Charlie42 - a heavy chain and good quality lock round a nearby post and even both wheels (if possible). And a smaller but quality padlock that fits through the holes in your rear disc brake adds a little extra security for parking around town, and is easy enough to carry on the bike.

• Like 1

I have a disc lock with alarm I use when out and about only 485 baht, it works well give warning first then if touch again goes off.

Had the more expensive Xena before and it was over sensitive so took the battery out.

I don't have security problems at home but the way IMO is what  ' charlie42 '  suggest, why not get 2 lots. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a disc lock with alarm I use when out and about only 485 baht, it works well give warning first then if touch again goes off.

Had the more expensive Xena before and it was over sensitive so took the battery out.

I don't have security problems at home but the way IMO is what  ' charlie42 '  suggest, why not get 2 lots. 

where did you buy it? I am looking for such an alarm.

Not Chiang Mahi , but Robinsons on the bottom floor at Mega Bang Na do alarmed chain locks and padlocks, got 4 padlocks for the house and tools not had any problem with them going off.

Not with the other padlocks but on a display with some German sounding brand power tools.