Good Thai ECU modifier?

bazmlb

Does anyone know a good ECU modfier, a friend in Australia bought from the insurance company a vehicle they found in the bush, a Hyundai Terracan CRD i but the ignition key is the imobiliser style and they cant keep it running, so I need to find someone who can sort the box out for him, can anyone recommend anyone?

post-4090-0-74421200-1403380655_thumb.jp

post-4090-0-71520300-1403380668_thumb.jp

Why can't your mate take it to a Hyundai dealer and have the key reset ?

Is there something dodgy with the car that needs the ECU sent offshore to have the anti-theft stuff de-activated ?

EDIT; beaten by Crossy.

also that "in the bush" pic looks like someones actual property.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

I'm sure the manufacturer will be able to supply the necessary key etc.

Of course they will need confirmation of the legalities from the relevant authorities.

They won't as the car is written off by the insurance company and the VIN doesn't exist in the system anymore, as he purchased it legally from the Insurance CO and now wants to use it on his farm he needs a solution.

Why can't your mate take it to a Hyundai dealer and have the key reset ?

Is there something dodgy with the car that needs the ECU sent offshore to have the anti-theft stuff de-activated ?

EDIT; beaten by Crossy.

also that "in the bush" pic looks like someones actual property.

Thats the farm he wants to use it on, he found in at the base of a gully and the insurance co sold it to him and he then had to recover it.

Am surprised the insurance company did not recover it themselves and sell at auction..... thats normally how it works.

This sounds very fishy to me.

It was at the bottom of a gully, land owner quoted the insurance co $800 to retrieve, insurance made and offer of $200 to buy as it is so damaged body wise. All 100% legal with papers to show the sale, it just cant ever be road registered again.

Yeah never heard of the VIN number being deleted, I just bought (as I often do) a stereo for my VW GTI and it was in code, I brought my receipt to the dealer along with the cars vin and all done and dusted they came back with the code. Not trying to indict your friend mind, but I've never heard of deleting the VIN number from the system as there are plenty of reasons for them to have go back and search it again, especially in the western world, it's still on file somewhere, guaranteed..

In fact a VW I bought and converted into a race car over 15 years ago was/is still listed on my record as my being owner even though it;s been junked for almost that same amount time.

Edited by WarpSpeed