Bank asked to explain how it allowed big transfer

Lite Beer

The man in the street has to go through the wringer if he wants to transfer

a few quid back to UK or where ever, wonder what system all these corrupt

officials use for getting their ill gotten gains, to HK,Switzerland,or Caymans?

regards Worgeordie

Try a different bank. I've found it very easy to transfer money from UK to Thailand and back the other way. Walk in, fill in details, money arrives in UK in under 24 hours. Easy, fast. Couldn't ask for more.

Obviously the bank employees that are involved in this transfer are easily singled out seeing as they have to sign it off.

So it is bloody obvious who has been paid to allow this transfer without anti money laundering checks.

So why are they asking casual questions and not just raiding the bank branch and arresting those who made the transfer?

Interview them all separately..... It only takes one to crack and spill the beans to save their own ass 'in a deal'.

Because they can get the answer by asking. No need to waste time and resources raiding a branch when a simple answer will do. Maybe you watch too many crime programs on TV and get confused about real life.

• Like 1

More applause for the junta. Now they are following the money trail and this will surely lead to some major king pin busts, whilst also identifying their money launderers.

With sufficient similar successes, the considerable proceeds that can be sequestered from these scumbags can also help Thailand to top up the empty coffers that the PTP left behind.

yup you are 100% correct - and I will add this

I'll take a bet that either a senior ranked cop - PTP MP - or a senior Redshirt is involved or very possibly all three

we saw a senior cop transferred yesterday after the gambling den was raided (he should have been sacked)

What I and many others have been saying for years in this country - how can you rely on a police force combating crime when they are involved in running it, a fine example of the deep seated corruption in this country all the way to the top - how on earth can you have a functioning democracy in such a place ? it is truly rotten to the core

I hope General Prayuth ignores international pressure and and takes his time in sorting all this (deleted) out - 15 months is not enough time - I'd say at least 3 years

I and many others totally agree with you, but lets us all hope there is transparency with naming and shaming of the bank and managers when it is beyond doubt.

Say a farang wants to buy an expensive home in Thailand on his wife's name. He then transfers the money to his (Thai) wife's account in Thailand. Needs to explain his home bank and tax office about exporting the money. The Thai bank needs a letter of the farang bank that the money is legal. The wife pays for the home and transfers the money. To guard the process one lets a thai lawfirm monitor things and all is well.

NO bribes being paid whatsoever. And the money is clearly traceable.

Same goes with a euro or dollar account in a Thai bank. Transferring money to a Thai baht account is easy and traceable. Transferring back is the same. Currency-speculation is clearly traceable as well. No bribes and no money laundering.

More applause for the junta. Now they are following the money trail and this will surely lead to some major king pin busts, whilst also identifying their money launderers.

With sufficient similar successes, the considerable proceeds that can be sequestered from these scumbags can also help Thailand to top up the empty coffers that the PTP left behind.

To be more specifically correct, more applause for the PTP's Police General Pongsapat, the only person who raised the issues in the OP.

But then he's been doing this for years, and I doubt he cares who is the top dog or whether he's pleasing the top dog or not. But he IS a leading member of PTP. Your attitude of exclusion is certainly not helpful to the goal of reconciliation that the junta is copying from Yingluck.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Obviously the bank employees that are involved in this transfer are easily singled out seeing as they have to sign it off.

So it is bloody obvious who has been paid to allow this transfer without anti money laundering checks.

So why are they asking casual questions and not just raiding the bank branch and arresting those who made the transfer?

Interview them all separately..... It only takes one to crack and spill the beans to save their own ass 'in a deal'.

I see the armchair Flying Squad's out in force today, eh?

Priceless cheesy.gif

Name the bank!

Remember the defamation laws. To name a bank while under investigation, before trial and conviction, would be damaging to the bank would be cause for a lawsuit. Especially if the bank is found innocent,

I like the investigation is happening and there seems to be a new enforcement of current laws as well as a serious curb on corruption. With corruption so rampant on many levels, it is good to see the new sheriffs in town doing what appears to be, on the surface, a through exam and correction in what appears to be an even application of justice.

From the information reported, the NCPO appears to be doing a good job. It is a very hard task to bring the rule of law back into society fairly.

Why HSBC?

HSBC = H orrible S elfish B angster C orp , instead of " Selfish " I know another word with an S and 4 letters only , that would suit them well ...

I was a client to HSBC , not anymore , the WORST Bank ever !!

It's nobody's business how much or to who anyone transfers money. It's a shame that we, as a bunch of sheep, accept that big brother is looking over our shoulder whenever we do a financial transaction. If someone is suspected of dealing drugs or funding terrorism then yes, monitor them, but why do they have to treat us all as criminals?

• Like 1

Why HSBC?

they were caught money laundering billions of dollars for mexican drug cartels

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-02/hsbc-judge-approves-1-9b-drug-money-laundering-accord.html

Same Bank of America.....just 300 millions in 2008, but its was fined with 3 millions by the US Government. Sounds like a murderer free in $500 bail....

HSBC is BIG in Mexico, and some board members in HSBC are Mexicans...and some....very "powerful" people.

Its explains...But BA?

Edited by umbanda

Please articulate if there is a maximum Daily amount a Automated Clearing House or wire transfer can make in a day/time period to Thailand (Bangkok Bank)?

The transfer will be for a house my wife and I will be residing in.

Do I have to report anything to the US Government? If so, who/what?

When I purchase the house in Thailand, how do I remove the money from the Bangkok Bank for the prospective purchase? Will it be a Bangkok Bank transfer to the seller's Thai Bank?

the daily maximum for an electronic transfer was supposed to be Bt2 million. ummm since when ? ive never been told about these restrictions and never encountered them.

Suppliers in business, business invoice payments, property transactions, financial transactions, loans, deposits etc etc all cant do more than 2m in one transaction a day ?

The amount in and out would not be unusual say for funds going from a bank loan into an account then straight back out to whoever and whatever the loan was for, say a large house or porche or for that matter many other reasons.

Probably an inside scam job of course but all the same theres loads of reasons for large transfers without it being criminal.