How a treatment of fear attacks looks like?

Sandman77

A not easy story to tell!

It happens , when my wife was young around 20 year, she told me go with friends in Bangkok watching a American horror movie , proberbly the first in here life, there was a very bad scene, she got shocked where one victim to be in a sorry state, the arms and legs connected with a iron change connected to arm and legs

With for horses 2 in each direction!

Some one shoot with the gun in the air , and horses run away, all could imagine what happens, blood comes over the screen, and since this bad experience in early life , she always got fear attacks!

She like animals very much, but only when animals are happy , when I look with here nat geo wild , and another animal attacks another , she cannot look and the fear attack comes back..

Also she have fear about upcoming future , Iam not realy sure how I can handle this, and how a treatment looks like?

Is it here some experts in Thailand that can help?

Learn to hold the breath like in yoga exercises. Try to build up to longer times.

Each time the panic threshold is encountered then try to go a little longer until it passes.

Over time the fear impulse subsides with practice.

There are technical explanations of why this works. I don't know really why but it works.

https://sites.google.com/site/stanleyguansite/health/health-tips/breathe-deeply-to-activate-vagus-nerve

• Like 1

Counseling is available in Thailand but Thais are often resistant to the idea.

A course of Vipassana meditation might be more acceptable and would certainly help her.

This website lists many locations in Thailand which teach this. It needs a 10 day retreat. Instruction is in both Thai and English, in case you want to go with her.

http://www.dhamma.org/en/locations/directory#142

If she calls the contact numbers a Thai will answer and can send her more information in Thai.