New location for immigration in Chiang Mai?

I want to extend my tourist visa and heard that Chiang Mai immigration has moved or is moving to a new location, I checked out their website but it is all in Thai. Does anyone have any more information on whether immigration in Chiang Mai has moved, is moving and if so when, and where the new location is?

Thank you very much.

Chiang Mai immigration hasn't moved. The only thing that moved was the office to apply for address verification letter (residence letter) that you use for things like driver licenses, opening bank accounts, purchasing cars, etc. So the same office is still there for your extension. Chiang Mai topic on the change - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/727302-new-office-open-for-residence-letter-in-chiangmai/

• Like 1

I went to the new branch office on Friday.. Staff very friendly and helpful, copies of everything left with them + 500baht, and go back Monday PM to collect the Residency form.

No worries parking, as the few hundred Burmese and others waiting in another section don't seem to have cars.

It's the second gravel track on the left to take, not the first! It's a rough ride!

The building is quite impressive, but the forecourt seems to have been used as landfill.

Thank you all, you have saved me from a wild goose chase trying to find the "new" location.

Wild goose chase ... Why...

If you thought this had taken place then all you had to do was to visit the previous immigration office and will find out whether they have indeed changed their location or not.

Had they changed their location then they would have outlined the new address details outside their previous immigration office in order for foreigners to know where to go for immigration matters.

The Thai Immiugration Office 3,

is oposite of Promenada Shopping Center,

best to get in coming from 3029 2nd ring, then left throug 2 restaurants onto a dirty natural way. left hand

Responsible now for mainly Birmese and Cambodian work permit,

and reporters farang with immi O visas as I know.

The Thai Immiugration Office 3,

is oposite of Promenada Shopping Center,

best to get in coming from 3029 2nd ring, then left throug 2 restaurants onto a dirty natural way. left hand

Responsible now for mainly Birmese and Cambodian work permit,

and reporters farang with immi O visas as I know.

not too many highway numbers on those signs.

I missed a turn and circled around for ever trying to get my bearings, but eventually found it and collected my Residency thingy. $15.00!! oops 500 THB

I'm going to have to get a Sat Nav or summat.