Any updates on Multi non O family in Penang?

The only way you would get a multiple entry B visa in Penang is if you have a work permit valid for 9 months.

You might get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage to a Thai in Penang if you are willing to show 400k baht in the bank.

You can get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof needed.

• Like 1

You might get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage to a Thai in Penang if you are willing to show 400k baht in the bank.

Ubonjoe, are the conditions same in KL Thai Embassy? And is there a rule how long THB 400,000 has to be on bank account?

Edited by CroBiker

What other places can we get a multi entry non O with financial proof of 400,000+.

Is it just the financial proof other places will ask for? Or all the documents usually required for Extensions based on marriage?

What other places can we get a multi entry non O with financial proof of 400,000+.

Is it just the financial proof other places will ask for? Or all the documents usually required for Extensions based on marriage?

Unless you want to travel a lot further than someplace nearby their has been no recent posts on the forum of any successful applications being done any where other than Savannakhet.

I was informed by PM of one that was done for a Malaysian citizen in Penang with 200k int the bank.

Singapore has been reported in the past as doing them with 400k in the bank but there is no consistency with some getting them and others were denied.

I know of no embassy or consulate that has asked for the same documents needed for an extension of stay.

The only way you would get a multiple entry B visa in Penang is if you have a work permit valid for 9 months.

You can get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof needed.

Joe, is there any reason that you are aware of why Savannakhet doesn't require the 400k? Could this change at any time? i.e. without notice?

Joe, is there any reason that you are aware of why Savannakhet doesn't require the 400k? Could this change at any time? i.e. without notice?

Because they are following the rules set by the MFA for visas not making up there own like many embassies and consulates do Check this MFA webpage.http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

It has been the same for at least 2 years or more. It could change but I doubt it very much.

• Like 1

what would the situation be as i have been to thai many times, but i will be looking at retirement at the end of this year, i am in ozzie at the moment i will have enough to put 800k in the bank, but i dont know were to start, i will also be eligable the recieve the full australian pension, as i have been working in australia for the last fifty years or so,If i come to thailand on a double entry visa, will that give me enough time to set my self up for a retirement visa whilst i am there.i read so many post that it does get confusing can some one out there help me out as on 1 to 1, on advice and on which way to turn, also do we have to get a bank statement from our bank, or our consulate on confirmation of funds in a bank,If some one has already gone through all of this i would realy appreciate them giving me some constructive advice on were to start. ,

what would the situation be as i have been to thai many times, but i will be looking at retirement at the end of this year, i am in ozzie at the moment i will have enough to put 800k in the bank, but i dont know were to start, i will also be eligable the recieve the full australian pension, as i have been working in australia for the last fifty years or so,If i come to thailand on a double entry visa, will that give me enough time to set my self up for a retirement visa whilst i am there.i read so many post that it does get confusing can some one out there help me out as on 1 to 1, on advice and on which way to turn, also do we have to get a bank statement from our bank, or our consulate on confirmation of funds in a bank,If some one has already gone through all of this i would realy appreciate them giving me some constructive advice on were to start. ,

Rather than travel on a tourist visa you should get a single entry non-o visa at one of the honorary consulates listed here (Sydney is not one) http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/consulate.html The non-o will give you a 90 day entry which should be enough time.

If your pension is the equivalent of 65k baht or more you will not need the money in the bank. You would just need to do a statutory declaration at the embassy in Bangkok. If it is short of being 65k baht you can combine your total annual income with money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht. At most immigration offices when using the combination method the money does not need to be in the bank for 60 days it just has to be there when you apply.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you can apply your extension at immigration. You will need the statutory declaration if your income is enough or it and a letter from the bank confirming you bank balance and copies of your bank book.

Unless you want to travel a lot further than someplace nearby their has been no recent posts on the forum of any successful applications being done any where other than Savannakhet.

I was informed by PM of one that was done for a Malaysian citizen in Penang with 200k int the bank.

Singapore has been reported in the past as doing them with 400k in the bank but there is no consistency with some getting them and others were denied.

I know of no embassy or consulate that has asked for the same documents needed for an extension of stay.

Anyone know if the 400,000THB for Multi Non-O marriage at Penang (or anywhere alse) needs to be in Thai account, or can you show the equivalent in an overseas bank account, (a good backup for me if for any reason Savannakhet stop multi O in the future). Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Non-O collection is next day afternoon. I was there mid May and they gave me 3 months single entry because I forgot to bring proof of financial status.

Like to know too about 1 year multiple entry in Penang. Also, I keep money in Singapore HSBC account, want to know if this is accepted by consulate officials.

Edited by CroBiker

Non-O collection is next day afternoon. I was there mid May and they gave me 3 months single entry because I forgot to bring proof of financial status.

Like to know too about 1 year multiple entry in Penang. Also, I keep money in Singapore HSBC account, want to know if this is accepted by consulate officials.

May I know what time in the next afternoon available for collection? Would like to plan the trip if able to catch bus to Hatyai. Thanks

There has been a recent report of one being obtained with a bank book showing 400k baht in the bank.

I am not sure it they would accept a non Thai bank account or not.

Unless you are working outside the country on a rotation it would be best to get an extension of stay based upon marriage if you have 400k baht in the bank.

• Like 1

May I know what time in the next afternoon available for collection? Would like to plan the trip if able to catch bus to Hatyai. Thanks

If memory serves me well it was around 1-2pm. But crowds are enormous so it may take a while for you to actually collect the passport.

Edited by CroBiker