A very painful accessed tooth.

benj005

It first started in New Jersey and has just progressed since I've been in Thailand. I went to the hospital tonite and got an injection, penicillin, and painkillers. None of it has worked as I'm in serious pain. I can't even sleep. I'm hanging off the side of the bed, and I'm gurgling my mouth with warm water ever 5 minutes. This is my only relief. The pain shoots right thru jaw if I lay my head down.

Going right to the dentist tomorrow. In the meantime are there any home remedies for the pain?

That is abscessed tooth.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by benj005

The old home remedy is to swish around the tooth with warm salt and garlic water. I've never tried it.

I did find that Advil did the trick when I was in that situation. Advil helps relieve pain and also reduces swelling. It's the swelling that's causing the pain.

Advil is also known as Ibuprofen and I don't know what else as a generic.

I wish you well.

• Like 1

The old home remedy is to swish around the tooth with warm salt and garlic water. I've never tried it.

I did find that Advil did the trick when I was in that situation. Advil helps relieve pain and also reduces swelling. It's the swelling that's causing the pain.

Advil is also known as Ibuprofen and I don't know what else as a generic.

I wish you well.

Ibofrofen is great. In addition to being a pain-killer it has an anti-inflammatory effect. You should not take this on an empty stomach. If you can cocktail codeine the pain-killing effects will multiply. I carry Aussy brand - Nurafen Plus.

Topically you can apply pharmacy products usually containing a local anesthetic such as Lignocaine.

Get very drunk...?

Good luck - Teeth can be so painful.