First time retirement extension

I am 70 years of age and my multi 'O' visa expired on 5 June 2014, with my entry date expiring on 14 August 2014. Now that CW is open how many days before the expiry date should I apply and what documents are required. I have 800,000 baht in the bank for the past 12 months.

You can apply up to 45 days early at CW.

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your balance and copies of you bank book to prove it has been in the bank for more than 60 days.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card. They may also want proof of address.

i need to apply for my first renwal of my retirement visa and I have 800,000 + in long term bank account . Can this be used as evidence of income.

I assume it is a fixed term account. You can use it if is the type that allows you to withdraw the funds at any time without any penalty other than loss of interest.

Money in the bank is not considered income it is just financial proof to meet the requirements.

i need to apply for my first renwal of my retirement visa and I have 800,000 + in long term bank account . Can this be used as evidence of income.

Although the funds can be used as stated above it will not be for income proof but for 800k in account 3 months method or in combination with embassy letter of income. Only embassy letter is accepted as income document. You do not need evidence of income if using bank account method.

You can apply up to 45 days early at CW.

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your balance and copies of you bank book to prove it has been in the bank for more than 60 days.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card. They may also want proof of address.

Those 45 days, does that also counts for Pattaya?

TIA

Jomtien allows 45 days.

Could I ask what would be the shortest time?

I am in the same situation, my first year retirement visa will end July 31, I have every papers ready, should I go to morrow or after to morrow or should I wait for instance till July 15 ? Thanks in advance.

Jomtien allows 45 days.

I am in the same situation, my first year retirement visa will end July 31, I have every papers ready, should I go to morrow or after to morrow or should I wait for instance till July 15 ? Thanks in advance.

You can do it whenever you want up to the last day there is no minimum. But is it is best to do it a couple of weeks early in case there is a delay because of some document not being correct.

Jomtien allows 45 days.

You can do it whenever you want up to the last day there is no minimum. But is it is best to do it a couple of weeks early in case there is a delay because of some document not being correct.

And don't forget that you won't lose out by applying for a retirement extension early. In your case it will still be dated until 31 July 2015 regardless.

If only it were also the same for early 90-day reporting,sad.png

Jomtien allows 45 days.

And don't forget that you won't lose out by applying for a retirement extension early. In your case it will still be dated until 31 July 2015 regardless.

If only it were also the same for early 90-day reporting,sad.png

Most thanks for your answering, thanks also to ubonjoe.

Last time I went for my 90days report, about two months ago, I tried to ask the officer, when he did heard the date, what.. in three months said he, I have no time to loose and off he went, I guess it was not a good day?? smile.png