Cars

Robby nz

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ AoP...the Lagonda...strange name eh?

passenger is VIP! out for a spin & getting away from Lizabeth ?tongue.pngwhistling.gif !

And the driver resembles a young Warren Beatty somewhat.....hah?!

Which one are you looking at? Don't forget the British drive on the correct side as opposed to that of Merkins.

Sorry...that was a shoulder harness strap on "Warren"....me eyes must be going....hmmmm

my eyes are dim..... too, but ....

facepalm.gif This is going on toooooo looooong! I guess you Americans, whistling.gif .....don't know HRH Prince Philip. husband HRH QE2 .... surely that is who it is? not American "Royalty"..... rolleyes.giftongue.png!

Seven VW Beetles live around our town - never owned one myself, but doesn't stop me liking them - they do stand out among all the same-looking cars and pickups

There has to be a Herbie 'Love Bug'

tumblr_muomzbM8Ki1r8w5s5o4_500.jpg

and this convertible looked very well-presented

tumblr_n3fjzt1tUY1r8w5s5o2_r1_500.jpg

Saturday - a visitor - but had it really been a taxi?

tumblr_n9tns8i0q31r8w5s5o1_500.jpg

one more Citroen

tumblr_muomzbM8Ki1r8w5s5o2_1280.jpg

My grandfather was NZ's original Citroen importer, business passed on to his two sons/my uncles; earliest memories of family gatherings at our home must have looked like a Citroen car club meet.

Citroens (2CV model) were (pre Khmer Rouge) assembled in Sihanoukville Cambodia, and I've seen pics of their luxurious showrooms in Phnom Penh.

^^^ In the early 70's the 2CV was very common in Kampooch as was the showroom

on Norodom Blvd. They were a dream car to/for many people back then. My GF's

father had 2. One a shade of light bluish grey, the other all white. Both had grey

interiors. I was in Kampooch with the military for a while before things went to

zero.

2012 I went on a search in Phnom Penh for the Norodom Bvd showroom; had read about it, seen pics, but unable to locate; either it had been rebuilt/changed or maybe knocked down?

I did find the place where their workshops were, 82nd street (river end) as per 2nd pic below, now just a trace of signs

Rallye_du_Cambodge_01.03.1960_-_7.997_-_

SKMA garage belonging to the Citroen agent in Phnom-Pehn's Preah Vihear Street (Street 82), in 1960, and (below) a more recent photo still showing traces of retro "Citroen" signs

IMG_3477-446x327.jpg

05-cambodia2cv2-313x335.jpgCitroen-213x305.jpg

Citroën 2CVs were assembled from CKD kits in Cambodia by Société Khmère de Montage Automobile (SKMA) during the 1950s.

Lagonda is a Shawnee Indians name for Buck Deer's Antlers. How it became a Brit Car Brand no idea.biggrin.png

Google is your friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagonda

Lagonda was founded as a company in 1906 in Staines, Middlesex, by an American, Wilbur Gunn (1859–1920),[1] a former opera singer of Scottish ancestry.[2] He named the company after Lagonda Creek near Springfield, Ohio, the town of his birth...................................

2012 I went on a search in Phnom Penh for the Norodom Bvd showroom; had read about it, seen pics, but unable to locate; either it had been rebuilt/changed or maybe knocked down?

I did find the place where their workshops were, 82nd street (river end) as per 2nd pic below, now just a trace of signs

Rallye_du_Cambodge_01.03.1960_-_7.997_-_

SKMA garage belonging to the Citroen agent in Phnom-Pehn's Preah Vihear Street (Street 82), in 1960, and (below) a more recent photo still showing traces of retro "Citroen" signs

IMG_3477-446x327.jpg

05-cambodia2cv2-313x335.jpgCitroen-213x305.jpg

Citroën 2CVs were assembled from CKD kits in Cambodia by Société Khmère de Montage Automobile (SKMA) during the 1950s.

PM coming your way later in the day. I must look through some archived pix first,

maybe I have em...maybe I don't...but I think I have a few from the mid 90's.

If lucky I hope they help you & the family.

Archived