EVA Air bkk lhr

I went with EVA last July, probably my favorite, but I only paid 38K economy. I have only had 3 upgrades to business with different airlines but would certainly think that it is worth 17K if money not too much of a problem.

Not for me. Think about it...

If your flight is 20 hours (like mine), 15000 baht in my pocket can buy five nights in a fantastic hotel room. Well worth it to sit out the time in Coach. Actually, my stopover is in Taiwan....so it is not 24 hours straight. More like 12 hours from Taiwan to to the states. I can do that standing on my head (not literally).

Did you ever have a job that paid you 500 dollars, for sitting on your duff? That is what coach saves you.

I did upgrade to Evergreen class once, for about 5000 baht. Thats a business seat without business frills. I guess I would opt for that.

Edited by slipperylobster

Eva's Evergreen "Premium Economy" class was one of the first and is still one of the best. The seats are much roomier, usually in 2-4-2 configuration with added legroom.

Eva FA's are old school....very attentive.

Edited by dddave

If you're going to fly with EVA AIR, I'd first check to see WHO is flying the airplane.

Remember what happened not so long ago when they came in too low in the US and killed a couple of PAX? (sorry, Passengers.)

If you're going to fly with EVA AIR, I'd first check to see WHO is flying the airplane.

Remember what happened not so long ago when they came in too low in the US and killed a couple of PAX? (sorry, Passengers.)

That was Asiana.

Do you mean it was codeshared with EVA?

Safety

To date, EVA Air has not had any aircraft losses or passenger fatalities in its operational history.[96] As of 21 January 2014, EVA Air is ranked number 5 out of more than 800 individual airlines by Aero International, a German monthly devoted to civil aviation. [97]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EVA_Air

Edited by Jdietz

Please get your facts straight before making such completely outrageous accusations. No such thing ever happened with EVA. They are an outstanding airline with an amazing safety record.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That would be an amazing deal for business class. The new business class is exquisite. I suspect it is for premium economy, which is nice, but is it worth the difference? If you have a lot of extra cash, it probably is. Definitely more comfortable. And access to the lounges usually.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Torrens54 it was not EVA it was Asiana airlines. Crashed in San Francisco.

Torrens54 it was not EVA it was Asiana airlines. Crashed in San Francisco.

According to one TV station in the US, the two guys in the cockpit on that flight, were Sum Ting Wong and We Too Lo.

summing things up.....

Some people just got the money, obviously, If money is not an issue, and comfort is, do what you like.

I prefer bucks in my pocket when I arrive at my destination, over the comfort of an expensive seat. I just sleep or watch some movies....walk around the plane, etc. If it saves me 300-500 dollars, I would almost ride outside on the tail. However, I would need free alcoholic beverages for doing so, and the best looking stewardess attending me.

I've had enough of economy and debating upgrading to business LHR-BKK-LHR.

Being quite tall at 6'3", can I comfortably lie flat in an EVA business class pod?

Should be OK if its "Royal Laurel" class (which I thing BKK/LHR are) - that's a 2m seat pitch. But will not be THB67K, looks like more like THB110-120K to me.

I'm also looking at flights back to the UK...

IF this is actually 'lie-flat' business class its an excellent deal and I'd jump at it... But I suspect the Op has made a little mistake or a travel agent is misleading him and stretching the truth.

OP: are you sure its Business Class (Laurel Class) and not Premium Economy (Evergreen Deluxe) ???

These are the online prices I get from the Eva Website...

With Eva Air: 29-July / 14-August: BKK-LHR-BKK is THB 116,000 in Business Class (Laurel Class).

With Eva Air: 29-July / 14-August: BKK-LHR-BKK is THB 56,000 in Evergreen Deluxe Class (Premium Economy Class).

With Eva Air: 29-July / 14-August: BKK-LHR-BKK is THB 40,000 in Economy Class.

Just to clarify, I did make a mistake, used to using eco/bus/1st etc but Eva is Eco/Eco+ and bus.

So, just been through the website again and I am getting 41k economy, 56k Eco+ and 110k business.

Seems to be a small difference moving to Eco+ from eco. That's a 3 month ticket

Other point is you go over the 90 day stay and the price jumps higher significantly.

Edited by MichaelJackson

I paid 36k for that flight with EVA last month and it was good to fly direct, two points on the downside however:

The food was some of the worst airline food I've ever had, the plane was also extremely cold during both the outbound and and the inbound, odd.

I've had enough of economy and debating upgrading to business LHR-BKK-LHR.

Being quite tall at 6'3", can I comfortably lie flat in an EVA business class pod?

Yes, I used to before they upgraded the cabins and I'm 6'4". I sit in Elite now and that has enough, though it used to be better.

I just booked to go in July in Elite.. £1037 for LHR-BKK return seems expensive for what is just an enhanced economy cabin, but thanks to Aegean and their generous ff program, I can use the lounge etc. Looking forwards to checking out the new terminal and lounge facilities.