EVA Air bkk lhr

It would have to be EVA, I just couldn't stand the arrogance of BA cabin crew.

When BA staff deal with the likes of me...........wub.png ............laugh.png

Remember they do this every day and deal with a great deal of chaff going to LOS to do more chaff stuff.........bah.gif

I know, but I used to fly with them a fair amount years ago, much of it in business and first, the latter because I would get upgrades. Even in first they have a condescending air about them and I never felt they were providing service because they wanted to or thought it was the right thing to do, it was always a case of they had to and they didn't like the idea. When I finally switched to Cathay, all that changed and I never went back, the same syndrome exists on American carriers from Asia to the US where they change flight crews in Narita, off with the courteous and smiling svelte Asian crew and on with the pre-retirees with bad attitudes.

I paid 36k for that flight with EVA last month and it was good to fly direct, two points on the downside however:

The food was some of the worst airline food I've ever had, the plane was also extremely cold during both the outbound and and the inbound, odd.

I just had a look at flights on EVA to Paris and they were not direct but via Taipei. Are their non-stop flights to London only?

Just did a check for myself, got Eva @ 41k and BA @ 38k both economy both direct.

Which one would you choose and why ?

Definitely B A. They will probably be late by more than 2 hours so that you can claim compensation of €300 to €600 for delay on each leg under eu regulations 261/2004

Check out the reliability on BA9 and BA10 on various websites

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

Edited by thaibry

I paid 36k for that flight with EVA last month and it was good to fly direct, two points on the downside however:

The food was some of the worst airline food I've ever had, the plane was also extremely cold during both the outbound and and the inbound, odd.

I just had a look at flights on EVA to Paris and they were not direct but via Taipei. Are their non-stop flights to London only?

The fly non-stop to Amsterdam as well.

It's a bit strange that they do it that way. They are onto a good thing using BKK as a kind of hub.

• 1 year later...

I finally took the plunge and booked two Royal Laurel Class returns, LHR - BKK - LHR for May 2016 for my wife and I.

I have provisionally booked seats 3A and 3D but wonder what the more experienced EVA business class travellers would opt for, particularly for a couple.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

I finally took the plunge and booked two Royal Laurel Class returns, LHR - BKK - LHR for May 2016 for my wife and I.

I have provisionally booked seats 3A and 3D but wonder what the more experienced EVA business class travellers would opt for, particularly for a couple.

I personally,prefer the smaller rear cabin of just 4 rows and choose either row 9 or 10, 8 is too close to galley and 11 some noise from premium economy.

If you're going to fly with EVA AIR, I'd first check to see WHO is flying the airplane.

Remember what happened not so long ago when they came in too low in the US and killed a couple of PAX? (sorry, Passengers.)

Please get your facts straight before making such completely outrageous accusations. No such thing ever happened with EVA. They are an outstanding airline with an amazing safety record.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I belive Torrens54 is referring to Asiana. EVA has a fantastic safety record. I always feel completely safe flying with them. They are one of my favorites, on so many levels.

As long as it is a 777, you are in for a treat. Amazing comfort, with the newer pod seating. The outside aisles are a single row of seats, and the inside rows are two across, so

that is probably what you should opt for.

I personally,prefer the smaller rear cabin of just 4 rows and choose either row 9 or 10, 8 is too close to galley and 11 some noise from premium economy.
I would also suggest seats D and G if you are flying together and not worried about a window, or else one of you will be next to a stranger.

Eva's Evergreen "Premium Economy" class was one of the first and is still one of the best. The seats are much roomier, usually in 2-4-2 configuration with added legroom.

Eva FA's are old school....very attentive.

The premium/elite is the only way to fly. I have done it my last six trips from LAX to BKK. That 2 -4-2 configuration is great. The section has never had a crying baby in it. Overhead storage is more than enough and never a problem. The seats are bigger than coach, recline further. You have a dedicated checkin counter at the airport. I only have carryon but still, it eliminates the need to stand behind dozens of people that have luggage and take a long time to process. The flight is literally enjoyable. I sit down and right away feel better and relaxed as my vacation has begun. The attendants definitely treat you a bit better than in coach and are more pleasant. I would be too. Less people to deal with. With one short layover and connection in Taiwan. Get a total of 3 meals. I take the midnight flight from LAX. When the dust clears, I am in BKK at about 1100 AM. You basically can't hit the person beside you as there is double elbow rests extra wide between you. There is a dedicated bathroom in that section. Sometimes somebody from Coach pops through the curtain but not often. The individual headsets and game/tv/radio selection are great. I get a good 5 or 6 hours sleep on the 13 hour flight to Taiwan, 2 meals, some movie watching time. The trip goes by so much faster and better than in coach.