Robbed of wits by arctic climate, Thai man lets nothing halt his delicious delivery

webfact

Robbed of wits by arctic climate, Thai man lets nothing halt his delicious delivery
By Coconuts Bangkok

thairibs.jpg?itok=pHNZJCdo
Photo: Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Migrating from Thailand to Alaska is hard to imagine unless you're a Marsh sandpiper or Ice Ager following a handy land bridge.

Otherwise we can't imagine the effect all that ice and snow would have on our tropical metabolisms.

Take Anuson "Knott" Poolsawat, for example, who waded hip-deep through an icy, swollen river to deliver warm bags full of Thai takeout food to stranded motorists Saturday.

According to the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, Knott traveled 40 kilometers to deliver bags of food containing Thai ribs [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/06/25/robbed-wits-arctic-climate-thai-man-lets-nothing-halt-his-delicious-delivery

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-06-25

• Like 2

That's really nice. I don't know how he can stand that cold water. It's not quite really summer there and that has to be snow runoff. I slipped once while fishing up there and went into water like that just about at deep as he is. I had an instant headache and weakness. I had to strip my pants and shoes off and jump into the pickup in front of the heater.

I don't know how he's doing that.

• Like 1

Quite a story...amazed at how many Thai live in remote Alaska.

This guy sounds like quite a character...I have never met a Thai man this gregarious and affable in Thailand.

No disrespect intended--just wonder if Thai culture frowns on this behavior.

What the hell has the headline got to do with the story'robbed of his wit's',how exactly?

The average water temp is about 55 degrees up there...most locals would say wading around as he did is "crazy".

All in good fun...he looks like a real entertaining guy.

Been to and passed through. North Pole in AK many times, famous for the town where all the kids letters to Santa finish up. That was about its only claim to fame. Also was a god fearing town with a lot of bible thumpers. I use the word town very loosely.

If anyone is interested why I was there, I worked at Eilson Air Force base and also Fort Wainwright often, I was also very good friends with a lady from Hong Kong who worked in a hotel in Fairbanks whose husband was a trapper, and the highway patrol main guy was a Brit from Liverpool . Small world.

What the hell has the headline got to do with the story'robbed of his wit's',how exactly?

The average water temp is about 55 degrees up there...most locals would say wading around as he did is "crazy".

All in good fun...he looks like a real entertaining guy.

Thank's for the reply clutch,i have watched a few show's about Alaska and agree they always seem to wear those wader type bib and braces thing,sure looks like great country up there,this is one cool dude,and the locals seem to love him,best of luck to him.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It might have been a typo.

The phrase "I'm freezing my tits off" comes to mind...........................tongue.png

Been there - not a good place to go walking carrying food - bear attacks are not all that rare and there's some big 'uns there.......

In that water is crazy....when I lived in NorCal we lost a couple of guys fishing because they (one tumbled - one leak) had their chest waders fill up with icy water and legs went dead - dropped in the water and died of hypothermia/drowning......couldn't get back to shore a few feet away.....

If you shop there they used take an ice chest to keep the food insulated from the outside temps....maybe still do for the veggies - now I believe they just leave the cars running......

So - maybe robbed by wits could be an accurate headline.....