American tourist found dead at Samui resort

Hyperdimension, why on earth do you feel the need to keep banging the drum to get whatever it is you want to get legalised. It's a Thailand forum. Go and make your case to the lawmakers of Thailand. You keep talking about alcohol/ethanol abuse and the harm it does. Again, go and protest that too. Some drugs are legal and some are not. Accept it, there are laws that deal with over consumption of alcohol and it is easy to test for, eg breathalyser/blood test. Times and opinions change, but in the meantime things must look terribly oppressive for you and for you, that must be a real shame.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why discuss anything on a forum when you could just spring in to action to change it instead? Also, "Times and opinons change" only if people don't "Accept it"

But there is no discussion about the topic, just a load of pro drug and anti alcohol propaganda. Excess fat, salt and sugar are getting a bashing right now. What chance of legalising, heroine, cocaine, E's, chrystal meth? Dope maybe.

Is this not discussion? There is very little chance of legalization if all policymakers hold with the type of opinions most people exhibit on this forum. I think what Hyperdimension is going for here is trying to point out that there needs to be a larger change in how drugs are perceived relative to other health dangers, in the belief that it will ultimately be more safe than the current prohibition.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I previously said, please do not go crucifying anyone until the results are known. I have removed off topic posts & will do so from now on without any further notice.

• Like 1

Hyperdimension, why on earth do you feel the need to keep banging the drum to get whatever it is you want to get legalised. It's a Thailand forum. Go and make your case to the lawmakers of Thailand. You keep talking about alcohol/ethanol abuse and the harm it does. Again, go and protest that too. Some drugs are legal and some are not. Accept it, there are laws that deal with over consumption of alcohol and it is easy to test for, eg breathalyser/blood test. Times and opinions change, but in the meantime things must look terribly oppressive for you and for you, that must be a real shame.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why discuss anything on a forum when you could just spring in to action to change it instead? Also, "Times and opinons change" only if people don't "Accept it"

But there is no discussion about the topic, just a load of pro drug and anti alcohol propaganda. Excess fat, salt and sugar are getting a bashing right now. What chance of legalising, heroine, cocaine, E's, chrystal meth? Dope maybe.

Is this not discussion? There is very little chance of legalization if all policymakers hold with the type of opinions most people exhibit on this forum. I think what Hyperdimension is going for here is trying to point out that there needs to be a larger change in how drugs are perceived relative to other health dangers, in the belief that it will ultimately be more safe than the current prohibition.

OK, I don't do illegal drugs. I'm not sure, (because I am not pro drug legalisation) how many civilised countries in the world allow drug use, over and above Thailand. You tell me. I would hazard a guess, not many. My own country has similar drugs laws to Thailand and having served in the armed forces for 22 years, I was subjected to annual drug lectures and had to accept random drugs testing as part of my occupation. I guess, most of the world just doesn't understand the wonderful benefits to mankind mind altering substances can be outside of the carefully controlled world of accepted medicine.

post-192685-14038566220534_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

@hyperdimension ... what have my children got to do with this sad situation? I was merely saying that unfortunately most young adults will abuse some sort of drug whilst on holiday, whether it be alcohol, illegal or legal prescription drugs. I wasn't saying we shouldn't educate people on substance abuse on the contrary, I believe it's very important people are aware of the pitfalls of drug abuse. In this day and age, why would we NOT educate our children on such matters? Problem is though, the poor, young lady in question was not a kid, more like a young adult which leads me back to my point ... most young people will 'blow out' on holiday in one form or another ... a point in which you almost said yourself in reply to another poster ... so yet again I ask you ... what has this got to do with my kids?

And this is why I don't buy or do drugs in Asia.
If thailand knew how to do a proper toxicology report after death, I would guarantee they snorted some bad shit.
The cocaine here isn't 'cocaine'.

Taking something other than what one had thought he or she had bought is a very real risk, and exists because of the unregulated criminal market in illegal drugs. If drugs were legalized and regulated, there wouldn't be such a risk because there would be strict quality controls in production.

In the meantime, it is best not to consume illegal drugs as there are many risks (and many of those risks are consequences of the stupid laws), but if anyone chooses to go against such advice and still wishes to do so, then they should learn and follow some harm minimization guidelines as listed in the video in post #26.

Edited by hyperdimension

Rip and sympathies to the family

Ugg there are some disgusting people on this forum

and there is no doubt that their "perfect world" is full of holes and bs

would seem they just come here to spurt vile hurtful comments to diminish the girl and her family

Police say Mr. Hanley will be prosecuted if lab results reveal that he was using narcotics.

Oh the compassion of the BIB, they guy has already been punished enough losing his G/F. There is such a thing called discretion.

yes he was breaking law I know.

Yes, if his toxicology results are returned positive then he was breaking the law and possibly was the one who bought and provided the illegal drugs to the deceased.

He participated in illegal actions that resulted in the death of a human being.

So you have such contempt for the dead woman that you think she was incapable of deciding her own actions at the age of 27?

Clearly, you have lived a sheltered life.

Police say Mr. Hanley will be prosecuted if lab results reveal that he was using narcotics.

Oh the compassion of the BIB, they guy has already been punished enough losing his G/F. There is such a thing called discretion.

yes he was breaking law I know.

Yes, if his toxicology results are returned positive then he was breaking the law and possibly was the one who bought and provided the illegal drugs to the deceased.

He participated in illegal actions that resulted in the death of a human being.

So you have such contempt for the dead woman that you think she was incapable of deciding her own actions at the age of 27?

Clearly, you have lived a sheltered life.

Clearly, your reading comprehension skills are very poor.

I never suggested anything similar to what you accuse me of.

I have no contempt for the deceased woman...I truly wish she and her boyfriend had made wiser choices.

Edited by ClutchClark

Sorry, but I cannot believe some of the things that are being being posted here.

Fact - drugs are illegal in Thailand (and in most of the civilized world). 99 % of people/countries can't be wrong. (The majority votes)

Fact - as a caring human being, I am saddened that a young person has not been able to fulfill her life's dreams (for whatever reason).

Fact - her family and friends will be devastated - and I offer them my sympathy.

Fact - no amount of pontificating, analysis, graphs or whatever that have been posted here will ever change the laws of Thailand. (And nor should they.)

So can we all please stop scoring points and get back to the original post. Sadly - 'an American tourist was found dead at Samui resort.'

If you want to expound on the benefits of this drug v that drug, this law v that law - please do so on another thread.

Put yourself in the shoes of the grieving family. Your daughter, sister, best friend .................. has just died on the holiday of a lifetime on Koh Samui.

So - you search the internet to try and find some information that will help you to understand what has happened - and then you get all of this????

I suspect that I am beatdeadhorse.gif but this does not feel right to me.