Ratchaprasong kicks off grand sale to boost tourism

webfact

Ratchaprasong kicks off grand sale to boost tourism

rajaprasong-5-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Tourism Authority of Thailand joined the private sector to boost tourism with the holding of a grand sale at Ratchaprasong to attract tourists back to the areas.

The grand sale begins today until end of August with expectation to generate sales of around 15 billion baht during the two-month period.

TAT deputy governor Wilaiwan Thawitsri presiding over the event said it is the 13th year the grand sale had been promoted with offered discounts as high as 80%.

She said the idea is to make Thailand one of top three shopping hubs in Asia.

More than 8.6 million foreign visitors came to Thailand in the first four months of this year. Spending was expected to be up by 20% on last year, she said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ratchaprasong-kicks-grand-sale-boost-tourism/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-25

Ratchaprasong Grand Sale 2014 event kicks off to boost spending
By Digital Content

14036857935834.jpg

BANGKOK, June 25 -- More than Bt7.5 billion per month in circulation has been estimated during Bangkok’s Ratchaprasong Grand Sale 2014 event which runs until the end of August.

Retailers in Bangkok’s Ratchaprasong business area and Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) have together organised the Ratchaprasong Grand Sale 2014 to stimulate consumer spending as hi-end shopping centres in the area have long been affected by political protests.

TAT Deputy Governor for Tourism Products and Business Wilaiwan Thawitsri expected the circulation will be up 20 per cent during the event which is held from June 25 – August 31 as part of the 13th Amazing Thailand Grand Sale event.

Ratchaprasong Square Trade Association president Chai Srivikorn estimated this year’s event will draw more than 400,000 local and international shoppers daily and generate more than 7.5 billion baht monthly in circulation.

Ratchaprasong Grand Sale 2014 features up to 80 per cent off discounts from six shopping centres in the area as well as offers for restaurants and services from seven hotels and credit card promotions. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-06-25

80% sale is when 80% has been added onto the original price, then reduced by 80%... it's still a profit.

I'm going for sure... as will thousands of foreigners fly in especially for the sale.

Where is it again?w00t.gif

Oh! TAT land... cool.... lt's all go buy TAT.

Edited by UbonRatch
  • Like 2

80% off already 200% overpriced out of season stock that is way behind and dearer than what you can get in Europe already! I looked at an Zegna leather jacket at 120,000 bahy already with 30% of (the tax component). I could still fly to italy return and buy it cheaper after having paid for the airfare.

So the HUB of what?

thailand has NEVER been the hub for shopping for me as an Australian where it is cheaper at home

• Like 1

80% off already 200% overpriced out of season stock that is way behind and dearer than what you can get in Europe already! I looked at an Zegna leather jacket at 120,000 bahy already with 30% of (the tax component). I could still fly to italy return and buy it cheaper after having paid for the airfare.

So the HUB of what?

thailand has NEVER been the hub for shopping for me as an Australian where it is cheaper at home

I saw a Zenga leather jacket, in Chaeng Wattana shop. 320 Baht. I was well impressed, until I saw the seller had a tattoo spelt wrongly :( .. she had 2 front teeth too... more to my dismay.

I suppose that there might be SOME bargains to be had in that area but in May I saw a nice large suitcase offered for 20% off the regular price of 4,400 downstairs in Amarin. I bought a very similar suitcase in the Indra Regent Shopping Center for 1,600 soon after that! Items are no bargain if they are extremely overpriced to begin with.

Why not get King. Power to drop their prices by 80% in the shopping mall they call an airport.

Overpriced and more expensive than I can buy in a supermarket in the UK.

This is what Changi is doing right now.... Maybe not 80% discounts but 20/30% and if you buy something get put in a draw for SPD 1 million etc

How many HUB stories is that this week.

Thailand, listen carefully. The only hub you are is the hub of prostitution.

Jeez. Another wonderfully educated post - not.

Australia - has legalized prostitution; as do many other countries. Guess that makes Aussie a hub of prostitution too then?

Many countries where prostitution is illegal have at least as much if not more than Thailand.

But hey, the bar stool bigot brigade love to snigger and show how knowledgeable they are on the sex trade.

Why not get King. Power to drop their prices by 80% in the shopping mall they call an airport.

Overpriced and more expensive than I can buy in a supermarket in the UK.

Guess what - the shops in Heathrow are more expensive than the supermarkets in the UK too.

There, you learn something new everyday.

I am a big shopper and Thailand does not even come close.... It does if I want to buy cheap 100 baht T Shirts from the street vendor, but anything else... No Thank You.. EXPENSIVE sale or no sale...

That isn't even cheap really. You can get 5 or even 10 t-shirts for $10 in new York.

-*I typed this myself*-

Ooh, I don't know. The hub of the prostitution of hubs?

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Ooh, I don't know. The hub of the prostitution of hubs?

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A bit subtle for TV.