CAT's union wants NCPO to scrap the board's overseas trip

webfact

CAT's union wants junta to scrap the board's overseas trip

CAT-telecom-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The labor union of Cat Telecom Plc today asked the National Council for Peace and Order to stop the company’s board of directors to make an overseas business trip next month which will cost the company 11 million baht in spending.

Representatives of the union handed over a protest letter against the trip to Japan and the United States scheduled on July 6-16 to Supreme Commander General Thanasak Patimaprakorn, a council member.

They said that the board had hired a tour agency to make arrangements for the supposedly business trip which, they charged, would not benefit the company but merely a cover for them to take a leisure tour overseas.

The union representatives also told General Thanasak that four board members were against the planned trip and decided to opt out but the rest was determined to go ahead with the trip.

They demanded the entire board which was handpicked by the previous government to quit en masse to show their spirit and to allow the NCPO to revamp the board.

Also, they complained against the poor performance of the managing director, Mr Kittisak Sriprasert, whom they charged of failing to increase revenue for the company and causing conflict in the organization.

General Thanasak accepted the union’s petition for consideration.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cats-union-wants-junta-scrap-boards-overseas-trip/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-26

They demanded the entire board which was handpicked by the previous government to quit en masse to show their spirit and to allow the NCPO to revamp the board.

Methinks that those '' executive employees'' want to cash in on the promises made when they were ''engaged'' to better C.A.T. performance.whistling.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Methinks that those '' executive employees'' want to cash in on the promises made when they were ''engaged'' to better C.A.T. performance. alt=whistling.gif>

'Executive employees' , probably yes.

But it's more than that. I've done some work for CAT, many of the senior / mid-level permanent staff are less than engaged, and baulk seriously at even simple suggestions that they stay 20 minutes extra for a special meeting, or something similar.

This is just the beginning of this letter writing thing in THailand.

Amazing isn't it that people are not scared to expose what they see as corruption and mismanagement now.

The words 'hand picked" by PTP should raise alarm bells. Their record of "hand picking" wasn't too impressive judging by several cabinet reshuffles in less than 3 years. Every time Yinggy said the best man for the job was picked.

Looks like another case of "hand picking" those who need rewarding for something or who are connected.

What is surprising is that the board members still try and push on regardless with a nice trip for the boys.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is just the beginning of this letter writing thing in THailand.

Amazing isn't it that people are not scared to expose what they see as corruption and mismanagement now.

The words 'hand picked" by PTP should raise alarm bells. Their record of "hand picking" wasn't too impressive judging by several cabinet reshuffles in less than 3 years. Every time Yinggy said the best man for the job was picked.

Looks like another case of "hand picking" those who need rewarding for something or who are connected.

What is surprising is that the board members still try and push on regardless with a nice trip for the boys.

Agree, and hopefully coming very soon someone will publish a complete list of the trip locations, accommodations, and 'activities'.

• Like 1

Really is good to see the more 'ordinary' people of this country complaining about what is so obviously a high level scam by those above them in the pecking order. A lot more of this needs to happen, and the sooner the better.

• Like 2

Apparently Mr Kittisak Sriprasert was Education boss before.

I found the article under a lot of words about dismissals for unable to do the job. However the quote says he resigned!.

" The Cabinet approved the appointment of Mr. Anusorn Thamjai as a member of the committee of experts in the service of the Office of the Education Council to replace Mr. Kittisak Sriprasert who resigned from this position according to the proposal from the Ministry of Education. This announcement is effective from 1st October, 2013."

Maybe the Labor lads have the right area about their CEO.

Now could we be led to understand the comment ''hand picked'' could be an extension or a further corporate style refinement of the art of pick pocketing so as to enrich ones self at the expense of another person or entities loss?

pickpocket_thief.jpg

Edited by siampolee

And will this 11 million baht help reduce my wifi bill? I doubt it.

Is that the point?

Yes that is the point. I want my bill reduced. You don't like it, it's just too damn bad.

And will this 11 million baht help reduce my wifi bill? I doubt it.

Is that the point?

Yes that is the point. I want my bill reduced. You don't like it, it's just too damn bad.

Hi, Bob. Saving that 11 million won't lower your Internet bill but getting rid of the 30% corruption fee built into the system will, most likely, reduce operating expenses and make CAT more efficient so that future rises may be very much delayed. Corruption is a huge, hidden tax on everyone who uses those services and lessening it will benefit you sooner or latter.

Apparently Mr Kittisak Sriprasert was Education boss before.

I found the article under a lot of words about dismissals for unable to do the job. However the quote says he resigned!.

" The Cabinet approved the appointment of Mr. Anusorn Thamjai as a member of the committee of experts in the service of the Office of the Education Council to replace Mr. Kittisak Sriprasert who resigned from this position according to the proposal from the Ministry of Education. This announcement is effective from 1st October, 2013."

Maybe the Labor lads have the right area about their CEO.

That's the problem with nepotism and cronyism. You don't get the right people in the right jobs.