Big Bro' Is A Watchin'

saeb

Please note that the Board Rules have been updated as follows:

Due to current censorship by Thai Authorities, we do not allow discussions of proxies or other methods of bypassing government blocking of websites.

The Thaivisa.com Board Rules and guidelines can be found here.

And of course with all those lawyers who utilise Thaivisa to tout their businesses not one of them will be arguing the point of censorship and freedom of speech :o

Are we to believe that discussion is no longer allowed within this forum except that of a formal declaration that paradise does exist, and, that it only exists subject to ministerial pronouncement?.

Errmm.....is this site hosted in Thailand or elsewhere?.

Indeed, are we not told frequently that Thailand means, "Land of the Free".?.

Free, my arse - get the owners in the pocket and they WILL agree to anything.

Oh- the big question ;Why does "The Land of The Free" require censorship?.

Who is hiding what and why?. :D

Thailand can do whatever they want, it's their country. The OP speaks as if this is the USA

OP speaks "Land of the Free".(Thailand) Thai constitution paragraph 1,2, 3, 4, 5 , 6, 7 etc.

Pip-Pip.

P.S. No- not a U.S. personage. :o

Oh come on..Who cares? If this was the US they'd probably already know who we are. Wait a minute they probably do anyway..and it's not the US. Have you said anything subversive? Computers auto-track your remarks and flag them for their officers. Thailand almost certainly knows who you are.

I like the country, I criticize it, and point out the unfairness of the ethnic class divide. They don't care..and probably laugh at it. Cause they know only educated thais and farangs read this anyway..like the BKK Post..think your going to cause a revolution among ordianray thais fighting back. These guys are laughing even harder now!

But the US probably will refuse you entry..he, he..

it boils down to 3 things in posting here ....

you cannot post about things which are illegal ... getting around blocks is illegal in Thailand ....

You can't post about a limited few things which are so controversial that it ALWAYS ends up in nasty fights (Pedos suicides anti-nationalist remarks (about other people's countries) ((I think))

and you have to at least have a modicum of good manners and not flame ... pretty simple

Right - I have agreed to continue this subject no more after some messaging from a mod.

(Cheaply paid and expert on all things Thai).

This is a money making enterprise and whilst various people offer advice and indeed advertise their sales on this forum )see as below

First they came for the Communists,

and I didn’t speak up,

because I wasn’t a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,

and I didn’t speak up,

because I wasn’t a Jew.

Then they came for the Catholics,

and I didn’t speak up,

because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,

and by that time there was no one

left to speak up for me.

by Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

Not talk - die.

Well, topic ended in the interest of the money makers and screw you if you thought that was a 'help' forum about Thailand.

Indeed - I'd rather have intellectual discourse a la:

Thailand can do whatever they want, it's their country. The OP speaks as if this is the USA

Yes, this is what it's all about!

Having said that, ThaiVisa is subject to local rules and regulations and would be silly not to adhere to them.

Nice quote by Niemoller, though it probably sailed over some people's heads.

Hey, Mono, mate - ever thought of looking a little more closely under a poster's avatar?