Street dogs chasing me when I ride on my bicycle

Muggi1968

=Muggi 1968=

When i bycicle around here the dogs get more and more aggressive.

and many times chase me on bicycle and try to bit me....

(when the thai famelies forget to close their gates)

What can i do ???

=================================================================================================

Drive with a car around. thumbsup.gif

That is no answer it is just stupid. Why should he get a car? What right do the dogs have to be on the street? GROW UP.

I read ALFREDO's post as if he was saying to ride his bike next to a car when it passes...

Not that he was telling him to buy a car...

• Like 1

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not stupid. It is an example that any thread however innocuous can be turned into a USA bash. Some people have very fragile egos and massive inferiority complexes that can only be assuaged by mocking others in an attempt to shore up there own selves. USA bash, Thai bash and the grammar police - all the same kind of folks.

If it is as you say then it is still stupid.

Calling a basheroo or GP stupid will only get you told you have no sense of humor because they can dish it out but are sensitive souls when it comes to taking it.

I didn't call anybody stupid I called a post stupid. I still see no credibility in the post so stand by my original thoughts on the post that it is stupid.

Nothing you have said has / will make me change my mind on that. END OF DISCUSSION.

You think you are some kind of king that you can tell me to end a discussion. Wise up. I was agreeing with you and poking fun at the poster who made the uncalled for reference about Americans.

• Like 1

What right do the dogs have to be on the street? GROW UP.

That's a bit harsh! I'm starting a protest movement for dog's rights! We'll wear brown shirts!

w00t.gif

OP already wearing brown shirt or pants!

• Like 1

When i first arrived here, i carried pepper spray around. I never had to use it, just by pointing it at them seemed to convey the message and they would back off. ( possibly they had had a previous experience with it). Nowadays, they are so used to seeing me, they don't bother to look twice as i pass.

Ride faster or buy scooter or motorcycle or car - quite simple really.cheesy.gif

Or buy a Great Dane although at 35,000 Baht they are rather expensive.I had my 'Charly' for 8 years before he died ( they don't live very long either ) When i took him for walks not only did every street dog disappear, the Thais did as well, 70kg of dog is pretty intimidating, the best burglar protection ever.

• Like 1

Calling a basheroo or GP stupid will only get you told you have no sense of humor because they can dish it out but are sensitive souls when it comes to taking it.

I didn't call anybody stupid I called a post stupid. I still see no credibility in the post so stand by my original thoughts on the post that it is stupid.

Nothing you have said has / will make me change my mind on that. END OF DISCUSSION.

You think you are some kind of king that you can tell me to end a discussion. Wise up. I was agreeing with you and poking fun at the poster who made the uncalled for reference about Americans.

No I don't think I'm a king ... I was just getting a bit tired with you defending a stupid post saying it's not.

It's not stupid.

Now you say you agree with me. If you'd said that in the beginning instead of carrying on an otherwise pointless conversation. If you wish to poke fun at a poster please don't use my post to do so. Man or Woman up and do your own poking directly rather than hide behind somebody else.

• Like 1

Dogs are pack animals - stop your bike and get off - approach the leader ( who will be easy to identify in most cases ) encourage it to come close, make a fuss and then sink your teeth in its ear as hard as you can - they will leave you alone after that I can assure you.

Good idea to have a bottle of disinfectant mouth wash at hand........

And a glass eye to pop in after the dog removes your real one.

On this we are in complete agreement - in a thread marked by some incredibly silly 'advice' this must rank right up there with the silliest (and potentially the most dangerous) of the lot.

Methinks Mr.Worldwide you take life a little too seriously if you cannot spot a wind up when you see one.

Have a great life...but lighten up.

Ride faster or buy scooter or motorcycle or car - quite simple really.cheesy.gif

Or buy a Great Dane although at 35,000 Baht they are rather expensive.I had my 'Charly' for 8 years before he died ( they don't live very long either ) When i took him for walks not only did every street dog disappear, the Thais did as well, 70kg of dog is pretty intimidating, the best burglar protection ever.

35k! That's cheap! How good was the pedigree though?

Methinks Mr.Worldwide you take life a little too seriously if you cannot spot a wind up when you see one.

Think is is more than one on here who takes himself and everything else too seriously and he also believes he speaks for a whole nation

No I don't think I'm a king ... I was just getting a bit tired with you defending a stupid post saying it's not.

It's not stupid.

Now you say you agree with me. If you'd said that in the beginning instead of carrying on an otherwise pointless conversation. If you wish to poke fun at a poster please don't use my post to do so. Man or Woman up and do your own poking directly rather than hide behind somebody else.

You are right. I'm so sorry. The other poster has a problem posting; he does not understand the quote function or is new to computers so it was easier to write on your posts which are easy to read. Sorry again.

Think is is more than one on here who takes himself and everything else too seriously and he also believes he speaks for a whole nation

You just don't have a sense of humor. Lighten up.

Very good, German father,French mother. I bought him at the Angthong kennels its the only kennel that breed Great Danes in Thailand to my knowledge. They have a good web site,just type in Great Dane Thailand, that will get you there

Edited by soalbundy

You from the US by any chance ?

Easy solution stop riding your bike and buy a car

What a stupid post.

Some people have very fragile egos and massive inferiority complexes that can only be assuaged by mocking others in an attempt to shore up there own selves. USA bash, Thai bash

and the grammar police - all the same kind of folks.

"grammar police"

in this thread=pgrahmm=

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/737809-street-dogs-chasing-me-when-i-ride-on-my-bicycle/page-4

I really, do not like them, same the "exclamation mark" police. =Hello ozzydom, =

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/737342-another-bad-end-of-a-5-year-marriage/page-2#entry8028017

Special if they do not have a second language, in which they could argue same I can argue in English. frech1.gif

=Muggi 1968=

When i bycicle around here the dogs get more and more aggressive.

and many times chase me on bicycle and try to bit me....

(when the thai famelies forget to close their gates)

What can i do ???

=================================================================================================

Drive with a car around. thumbsup.gif

That is no answer it is just stupid. Why should he get a car? What right do the dogs have to be on the street? GROW UP.

I read ALFREDO's post as if he was saying to ride his bike next to a car when it passes...

Not that he was telling him to buy a car...

goodpost.gif

A policeman called at my house the other day - said "We haves been receiving complaints that your dog is chasing people in the soi on a bike. I said "That is ridiculous, my dog doesnt even have a bike!"

=Keesters= That! is humor! clap2.gif

• Like 1

Or buy a Great Dane 70kg of dog is pretty intimidating, the best burglar protection ever.

Great Dane with 70 kg in action. hund001.gifwink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Very good, German father,French mother. I bought him at the Angthong kennels its the only kennel that breed Great Danes in Thailand to my knowledge. They have a good web site,just type in Great Dane Thailand, that will get you there

Thanks man,

You've got me missing our Jensen now... :(

• Like 1

1) The pepper spray is going to disperse in the air. It likely will not spray them full on unless they are close. They will simply get a little irritation. It disperses better then table salt so you won't miss. Make sure you have a nozzle on the spray that helps to ensure it doesn't come in your direction.

2) When I lived in Hua Hin I had a bike and the same problem. So, I bought a ton of cheap chicken sticks. I bought a whole bunch so I got the fatty ones for 3 Baht a piece. I spent quite a while just peddling around the dogs and throwing chicken at them. I had no problems after that and occasionally carried chicken sticks to keep the relationship solid.

• Like 2

1) The pepper spray is going to disperse in the air. It likely will not spray them full on unless they are close. They will simply get a little irritation. It disperses better then table salt so you won't miss. Make sure you have a nozzle on the spray that helps to ensure it doesn't come in your direction.

2) When I lived in Hua Hin I had a bike and the same problem. So, I bought a ton of cheap chicken sticks. I bought a whole bunch so I got the fatty ones for 3 Baht a piece. I spent quite a while just peddling around the dogs and throwing chicken at them. I had no problems after that and occasionally carried chicken sticks to keep the relationship solid.

Why didn't you just give them some money and send them to KFC ?

Or buy a Great Dane 70kg of dog is pretty intimidating, the best burglar protection ever.

Great Dane with 70 kg in action. hund001.gifwink.png

That is what it can be like. I never used a lead because if they want to go, they go, you can't hold them back they are too strong.Hard training and strict discipline is the only way, they have to walk very slightly behind and at your side. I had Charly so trained that i could tell him to sit at the kerb while i walked across the road,from the other side of the street and on my command he would cross the road at a quick trot.A really good dog,miss him a lot.

• Like 1

Where I live, my high class neighborhood doesn't have soi dogs....

The people who have dogs (not soi)keep their gates shut 100% of the time...

As to a solution, get a fog horn (pick up in a good bike shop) attached to handlebars as this will startle them enough to mangae your getaway...

I don't get the part about shooting or poisoning the animals. Would you do that in your own country?

CB

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When i first arrived here, i carried pepper spray around. I never had to use it, just by pointing it at them seemed to convey the message and they would back off. ( possibly they had had a previous experience with it). Nowadays, they are so used to seeing me, they don't bother to look twice as i pass.

Lol! I used my pepper spray once, but not on a dog. On a motorbike driver.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Lol! I used my pepper spray once, but not on a dog. On a motorbike driver.

Smart move. I bet you are tons of fun at Songkran.

I actually am a ton of fun at Songkran. I live in Pattaya and it goes on for days. I spent no more than a couple hours in my condo on our actual Songkran day. wink.png Hit up Walking Street that night…was bored to tears there. Walked from NaKlua to Jombtien and back. Was a blast, but I was cold. Songkran in Pattaya is not for sissies.cowboy.gif It's for cowboys and cowgirls! Save a horse!

You might have to use your imagination as to why I had to use pepper spray on a motorbike driver. Or, maybe you don't. But, I hope you do…it wasn't because he overcharged me. It involved a trip to the hospital and a police report. Didn't even happen in Pattaya, it was Hua Hin. But, it can happen anywhere in the world. On a serious note, pepper spray isn't a bad thing to be without when you need it. I would definitely use it on a dog trying to bite me. No hesitation. My friend got bit by a Soi Dog and had to spend 5 days in Bangkok Hospital. It went infected so fast. Was awful. He even was at Bangkok Hospital within 10 minutes of the bite and his hand infected over the course of hours.

You from the US by any chance ?

Easy solution stop riding your bike and buy a car

This is a recommandation of a coward.

To all who having similar problems carry a nice piece of bamboo + pepper spray with you don't show fear and hit the boss of pack hard and they will learn.

After some days and all dogs know you and will pay you respect, if not, what is very seldom, then show the piece of bamboo and they will remember.

Never use a gun first it's illegal.

Second, If you kill a dog and the owner see it, then you could be killed too.

Thai Style