View Talay 7 doesn't look like the view is guaranteed

I was looking at condos in VT7. And just like VT6 it looks like there is plenty of room to build a huge skyscraper next door and completely

block out the view.

I atached a photo to show what I'm talking about. What do you guys think? is this View safe?

post-175426-0-65367400-1403786976_thumb.

Edited by OnMyWay2

OP must be a farang thinking like a farang, you are buying a property, not a view.

Remember the famous case in Pattaya a few years back when the condo owners tried to sue for loss of view.

How did that case turn out anyone?

How can one sue for loss of view? if someone else owns the land in front of it, it is their right to take the space and build even higher, and those who live in VT7 have no right whatsoever for the view either. In case the building is not beachfront, you must expect that sooner or later someone can build something in front of it..

View Talay 7 Jomtien- is indeed located right bang on the beachfront.

It was subject of lengthy litigation, prior to being constructed in front of the "Shenanigan's Bar" high rise.

One of the blocks faces inland, but View Talay let these unsold condos out to Russian short stay package tourists

• Like 1

No field of view is safe in Thailand, and you can't litigate to protect it either, you should assume

that if there is a vacant land in front of the your unit, in time they will build on it and there is

nothing you can do about it....TIT....

I've got a place in the front of VT7, I don't see where anything can be built in front to block any views, unless they float in a drilling rig and park it off the beach

That's the view to the front (which personally I find somewhat uninteresting). Try looking from your side balcony.

As for oil rigs in the bay, if I were you I wouldn't give them any ideas. There is also the possibility of shore reclamation.

I've got a place in the front of VT7, I don't see where anything can be built in front to block any views, unless they float in a drilling rig and park it off the beach

it looks safe but... there's that little empty 2 story building that could easily be torn down to build something much more lucrative.

Where exactly in the OP's photo can anything be built to obstruct the view?

All i can see is the swimming pool and the ocean and VT7 owns the land

right up to the wall after the pool.

Don't understand the OP's concern whatsoever.

Is this in Thailand? Then no, nothing is safe in a nation where money rules and lies are master . Google Eva , Phuket for a real horror story

Same is true in UK and most other countries. Views can't be protected in most circumstances. If they could it would mean the first person to build could block all other builds for miles around. Just look at Hong Kong. So yes, your view will probably be gone one day. But if you're old, maybe you'll be gone before the view, so it won't matter.

That picture was taking leaning over the side of the balcony, that part of the view is safe. But The best view is looking towards where that empty white building on the left.

Edited by OnMyWay2

That picture was taking leaning over the side of the balcony, that part of the view is safe. But The best view is looking towards where that empty white building on the left.

Well why didm't you take a picture of the view that concerns you?

Anyway, for your information, that white building on the left also belongs to VT7, so no worries there.

Further down past that building looking southwards, is the main beach road, that is already fully built

up for a long way down, so again nothing to worry about obstructing your view.

The only thing that may be of concern is noise pollution coming from the many bars and traffic nearby.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's the view to the front (which personally I find somewhat uninteresting). Try looking from your side balcony.

As for oil rigs in the bay, if I were you I wouldn't give them any ideas. There is also the possibility of shore reclamation.

Well looking out front is all Jomtien beach, the (Pattaya) side looking down is a small boutique hotel of six villas and a pool and the bigger hotel and swimming pool, owned I believe by View Talay as is the one beside that.

All the empty lots have been built on finally and its nice and quiet

Don't be so sure, we had a low rise condo with a swimming pool in front or our Hi-rise condo,

and one day they have dug up the pool and build 32 story monstrosity in front of our face

only about 20 meters or so from out building, ruining the view to many units.. and there

was nother we could do about it.......

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't be so sure, we had a low rise condo with a swimming pool in front or our Hi-rise condo,

and one day they have dug up the pool and build 32 story monstrosity in front of our face

only about 20 meters or so from out building, ruining the view to many units.. and there

was nother we could do about it.......

Nothing is ever a sure thing in Thailand as we all know.

But VT7 did set a precedent in the Supreme Court as being able to build up to 100m to the MSL, which it did.

They own the land up to the walkway/beachroad and then its the parkinglot/beach

If there's any property on the beach that can't have anything built in front of it I'd vote for VT7.

..or dig out the condo pool and place a building there, which is unlikely to happen.

I was told the new beach front properties are limited to 8 stories, if your condo is above that you have another layer of protection though anything can happen in Thailand...

I have a unit in VT5D on the 19th floor, the sunset view, the breeze is worth every penny.

I have a unit in VT5D on the 19th floor, the sunset view, the breeze is worth every penny.

Strange. I rejected every single Pattaya-side 5D unit I saw as they could all lose their sunset views when/if the large empty plot beyond the housing village is actually developed. The Jomtien-side units in 5D already have little or no nice view.

The plot on the Jomtien side of View Thalay 5d is actually owned by View Thalay company - the perfect place for a 30+ floors building to be named VT 4 = view gone!

Just wait and see - TIT.........

I have heard that the open area beyond the housing village on the other side is owned by the KIng? Anyone know?

Your best choice is a front unit in VT 5c - perfect sea and sunset views and in my opinion one of the best run condos in the area.

It's all about location location location......

• Like 1

Yes,a front corner unit in VT5C is nicer, my sea view in the front corner unit in VT5D is partially blocked by VT5C. Luckily the buildings are not too close...still very nice view.

The jomtein side resort hotel is not tall plus I am on Pattaya side. THe Pattaya side big empty land is quite far away and if the new buildings there are no more then 8 stories tall at beach front they will not bother me.

Edited by Thailand J

The jomtein side resort hotel is not tall plus I am on Pattaya side. THe Pattaya side big empty land is quite far away and if the new buildings there are no more then 8 stories tall at beach front they will not bother me.

I see no reason to assume that any new buildings on that plot will be only low-rises. In fact I would think it almost certain that behind the 100M shoreline limit they would include high-rises like Grande Caribbean, with low-rises nearer the shore. As with current constructions near the beach in Jomtien.

OK, currently there are ownership issues with that empty plot but it would be unwise to assume that these will never be sorted out and that it will never be built on.

This is why I rejected all those VT5D units when I was looking at condos. Nice today but maybe not nice tomorrow. I rejected Chateau Dale for exactly the same reason 2 years ago and was proved totally correct by Grande Carribean.

Edited by KittenKong

The empty lots on both sides dont bother me as I am at the corner front unit, including the possiblility of tall buildings to the N side as you feared. How many years have you been looking? Hope you find a perfect condo soon.

Edited by Thailand J

Anyway, for your information, that white building on the left also belongs to VT7, so no worries there.

I heard that VT7 owns that building but I'd feel much better if it were occupied and being used for something.