Right Click Options

chiangrai

Hi,

I use Windows 7 and when I right click on an item in a file I get a whole range of choices that keeps getting bigger.

Does anyone know how to delete them or even what that box is called so I can Google it.

Thanks.

I don't understand the part about the list getting bigger. That hasn't happened to me.

I just did that to a file and I wouldn't want to lose any of the options I have, so I wouldn't delete anything unless I knew what it could do, and was sure I'd never use it. I just counted 14 choices in that menu and I use all of them, sooner or later.

How many choices do you have?

As Left or Right Clicking is context sensitive, what gets (or doesn't get) displayed depends on where it's pointing when clicked.

right-click_ani.gif

Some utility applications like to Add, edit, customize, clean up, or remove right click Context Menu items, shortcuts or entries in Windows 7/8 File Explorer.

The reason the number keeps increasing is because some new programs you add to your computer will add themselves to the list unless you uncheck the option when you install them (some don't bother to even ask you). There are simple programs you can use to easily edit your right click menu, ShellExView is one.

To edit your Send To Menu go to: C/Users/YourUsername/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/SendTo

I confess that after more than 20 years of computer use, I still don't understand most of the options listed when right clicking.

Can somebody post a list with simple explanations?

I bet I'm not the only one.wacko.png

What a can of worms I opened.

I managed to get some of them removed and keep it some bit tidy.

Shellex didn't have all the items I wanted to delete.

I also downloaded an app for firefox to delete right click menu items on the brouser

Thanks for your help,as allways.

I confess that after more than 20 years of computer use, I still don't understand most of the options listed when right clicking.

Can somebody post a list with simple explanations?

I bet I'm not the only one.wacko.png

Google it.biggrin.png