Airlines That Fly Out Of Phuket

darrenb

to bangkok

just looked at thai air to book 2 adults return to bangkok midweek tues - thurs and they want nearly 13,000B :o

i booked same trip 6 weeks ago and im sure it cost me under 5000B ?

why so expensive now?

who else flies to bangkok and back everyday

any help much appreicated

Bangkok air

Air Asia

Nok Air

12Go ??

I also agree that Thai has really jumped in price lately.. my mother has needed some flights around and Thai was the convienient times and reliability.. 4400 one way and 3300 back.. 7700 for a BKK return is more than I can fly to bali on 2 flights via singapore (tiger then jetstar).. Seems kind of mad.

Bangkok air

Air Asia

Nok Air

12Go ??

I also agree that Thai has really jumped in price lately.. my mother has needed some flights around and Thai was the convienient times and reliability.. 4400 one way and 3300 back.. 7700 for a BKK return is more than I can fly to bali on 2 flights via singapore (tiger then jetstar).. Seems kind of mad.

Providing you book in advance (at least 3 days) you will find that Air Asia and Nok Air should be around the 1,600 to 2,000 mark.

If you want to pay a bit more then Bangkok Air is good, you get a small meal on the plane with them and they have there own lounges in both Bangkok and Phuket Airports, free snacks and free internet.

Nok Air & Air Asia are not the most reliable as Bangkok Air have a much better rack rate. For the extra 300/400 baht Bangkok Air wins it for me.

If you are an early waker you can do the morning flight with Bkk Air (dep 07.40 Bangkok, 09.40 from PKT), promotion price is 1,600 which is great value. But my guess is this wont last long.

12Go, forget it !!

Thai airways is 3300 each way now(up from 2800). They are the most reliable if you have a connection to make.

There was a 1600bht promotion with one of the others recently.

I like Bangkok airways myself if the schedule is convenient. They fly newer B717 aircraft and have very courteous staff.

I hate the smelly old A320's Thai airways operates.

Thai airways is 3300 each way now(up from 2800). They are the most reliable if you have a connection to make.

There was a 1600bht promotion with one of the others recently.

I like Bangkok airways myself if the schedule is convenient. They fly newer B717 aircraft and have very courteous staff.

I hate the smelly old A320's Thai airways operates.

Seems expensive did you book direct or thro, agent?

3300 is the current Thai air regular rate.. All seats taken for my mothers dates (despite it being a week in advance) as it was a holiday so biz class only at 4400..

As stated I fly to Bali via Sing using 2 flights and it costs about the same as that !!

• 1 year later...

I noticed that in April, on Tiger and Jetstar's websites, there are no schedules or ability to book:

Tiger Airways - SIN-Krabi-SIN

Jetstar - SIN-Phuket-SIN

Does anyone know if these airlines have discontinued these two routes?

Edited by SurferDude

Air Asia can very easily be booked online if you have a credit card. The price fluctuates depending on how many seats are still available. I think this season at least 20 guests staying at my resort booked this way, and only once they changed the departure time with one hour. One Two Go is far less reliable.

I noticed that in April, on Tiger and Jetstar's websites, there are no schedules or ability to book:

Jetstar - SIN-Phuket-SIN

I was meant to be in Thailand on the 5 April. JetStar sent me a Email saying they will stop flight to Phuket from Singapore on the 29 March. I do not know about tiger. Lucky you did not buy your ticket on JetStar they told me it could take 12 weeks to refund my Money. I have Book on Air Asia for the 6th. Just have to find a hotel in Singapore for 1 night for the family.

I use Air Asia, 100% satisfied, they are late, they wait for me..........LOL

Actually, I get early or late flites, usually a lot cheaper than more popular time flites.

Go to the web site, check them out.

Good luck.

Edited by Zpete

We have used Air Asia quite a few times over the past 4 months (Bangkok, Chang Mai, Singapore), and every time the flight left on time (actually a few minutes early), and arrived earlier than scheduled time. I had heard bad reports about this airline, and I was nervous about using them. But our experience (so far) has been very good. Although all the landings were all rather firm, some would say HARD. But that seems to be the norm with all these budget airlines.

I use Air Asia, 100% satisfied, they are late, they wait for me..........LOL

Actually, I get early or late flites, usually a lot cheaper than more popular time flites.

Go to the web site, check them out.

Good luck.

Hahaha..I like what you said "I use Air Asia, 100% satisfied, they are late, they wait for me..........LOL", totally agree with you.. :o

We have used Air Asia quite a few times over the past 4 months (Bangkok, Chang Mai, Singapore), and every time the flight left on time (actually a few minutes early), and arrived earlier than scheduled time. I had heard bad reports about this airline, and I was nervous about using them. But our experience (so far) has been very good. Although all the landings were all rather firm, some would say HARD. But that seems to be the norm with all these budget airlines.

Neva worry about my post, bit of "tongue in the cheek."

I had 2 incidents flying from HKT, once I dozed off, another time, taxi never turned up.

I was lucky, both flites were last those nites, and were running late too.

I use Air Asia about 90% of the time.

They have one of the most up to date fleets going.

Just a hint, pay a few baht/ringitt, more for priority boarding, get choice of whole aircraft if you get on 1st..... hehe

Jetstar - SIN-Phuket-SIN

Yeah, this time of year some of the budget airlines will drop routes to Thai vacation places until next high season.

Note that from SG-Phuket-SG, the fares might be noticeably different between Tiger & AirAsia in the same direction, so it can be cheaper taking Tiger one way and AirAsia the other direction (and you get to compare them then too).

I used to love Tiger but they screwed up big-time in February the week of the Singapore Air Show. Changi was closed mid-day all week, Tiger knew it in advance, and didn't post the delays (throughout the entire week) on their website or any other way (they have my phone number and email address also). Friday SG to Phuket was the worst, arriving at Changi at 12:30 to see that the flight boarding was delayed until 5:30 p.m.!!! I bought that ticket the previous evening at a travel agent AND checked the web site beforehand to get a price indication, and nary a word from Tiger. I was so p*ssed off that I took the train into town, had a happy hour jug of excellent IPA at my favorite brewpub, hammered out a letter to the Straits Times (which was printed) using their wireless network, and then calmed down. Imagine being a Singaporean taking a weekend vacation and Friday afternoon off of work out of their measly yearly vacation allotment, and get to the airport and lose a half day of vacation in paradise.

Even if I have to pay extra for AirAsia from now on, I will over Tiger (or if AirAsia screws up and the score is 1-1).