Sinet Fiber Optic Internet - Anyone?

davevi

I am considering installing SiNet Fiber Optic internet into my house.

There are some threads from 2013 and 2012 talking about SiNet, but nothing recent.

So I'd like to ask the Thai Visa Chiang Mai forum for feedback from anyone who has SiNet installed now.

How is it working?

Speed of connection (domestic and international)?

Customer service experience when there's trouble. How is that experience?

Thanks!

smile.png

Back in 2012 I had Sinet installed and had it removed within a week, The international bandwidth(~.5Mbs/.05Mbs) was a lot worse than the 3BB 10Mbs/1Mbs package I was using at the time. Now 3BB has graded to 13Mbs/1Mbs and is pretty consistent. I had Sinet installed again about a week ago and I have to say that I am happy with it. I get ~6Mps/2Mbs to NYC. 15+Mbs/3Mbs to Singapore.

There are definitely times where it is a bit slower then others. Like right now, its not quite as fast as it was in the afternoon. But I can stream in 1080p most of the day and 720p right now.

• 7 months later...

Back in 2012 I had Sinet installed and had it removed within a week, The international bandwidth(~.5Mbs/.05Mbs) was a lot worse than the 3BB 10Mbs/1Mbs package I was using at the time. Now 3BB has graded to 13Mbs/1Mbs and is pretty consistent. I had Sinet installed again about a week ago and I have to say that I am happy with it. I get ~6Mps/2Mbs to NYC. 15+Mbs/3Mbs to Singapore.

There are definitely times where it is a bit slower then others. Like right now, its not quite as fast as it was in the afternoon. But I can stream in 1080p most of the day and 720p right now.

Sinet must have came a long way since I just ran my speed test.net to Dreamhost in Los Angeles this is what I get . Mind you I amusing 30/10 with Symphony international pipeline with them. Way better then true I had when I was in BKK as well as 3bb crazy I am getting better internet here in Chiang Mai

post-232164-0-57535300-1424834697_thumb.