Sisaket land prices

Dogcatcher

I posted this in another land price thread a while back. It's a facebook page for the Sisaket province where locals advertise land and property for sale. It's in Thai and has a mix of private and commercial posts. I have no affiliation with the page.It should give you an idea of local prices.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/property.jarungjai/

Edited by Farma

I live on the border of Kantharlak and Sri Rattana amphurs on the main road between meuangs Sisaket and Khantaralak. Phrai Bueng is very close (less than 25k) as the crow flies, but connected only by dirt roads, so I've only been through Phrai Bueng once.

Where we are the soil is deep red and very fertile, so prices are high. I bought (correction: financed) a rai to build our marital home on the main road with all services passing by at 400,000 a rai 5 years ago. More recently the two single rais either side of me have been sold by the same vendor for 700,000 (to local Thais). This is typical of the rate of inflation in land prices around here over recent years and probably also illustrates the toppishness of land prices at the moment - more expensive than the average price of agricultural land in the UK I believe!

[by contrast, about the time I bought that one rai my wife also bought some rough-ish (good for rubber only) ground deep inside Kemmarat on the other side of Ubon province for 40,000 baht a rai and sold it a couple of years later for 75% up on that, having cleared the land very cheaply]

I also financed the purchase of 15 rai of good quality fertile land about 3 kilometers in from the main road, on a mixed paved and dirt road with passing electricity but no phones or village tower water. Bought 2 years ago at 280,000 a rai. Other commentators might say that you will never get an economic farming return on that (and they'd be right!)

I understand that infertile (ie normal) paddy much further away from roads/facilities is more likely to be in the 60,000 +/- 20,000 range.

I may be mad, but the truly laughable thing around here is that people (over)pay for land that is high quality market gardening deep soil land and then put bleedin' rubber on it. Total madness! Stopped now with the collapse of rubber prices though.

Not much to go on, but illustrates why it is impossible to give one view on land prices. Building land on the main roads leading into, and on the outskirts of, meuang Kantharalak can be a couple of million a rai (but that's based on beer talk around the pool with my builder not personal experience!)

All of those prices except the last are with no title! There is very little title around here. Untitled land passes freely in transactions within and without families and my skepticism was allayed when my wife sold that Kemmarat land to a completely disconnected party having bought it from one of my wife's in-laws extended family ie that was fairly disconnected too. That's not to say the risk is remote - don't buy land you cannot afford to lose unless it is chanote is still a good policy (but don't expect to lose it!).

Stoneyboy is correct of course on the 1,600 sq meters conversion

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

I live on the border of Kantharlak and Sri Rattana amphurs on the main road between meuangs Sisaket and Khantaralak. Phrai Bueng is very close (less than 25k) as the crow flies, but connected only by dirt roads, so I've only been through Phrai Bueng once.

Where we are the soil is deep red and very fertile, so prices are high. I bought (correction: financed) a rai to build our marital home on the main road with all services passing by at 400,000 a rai 5 years ago. More recently the two single rais either side of me have been sold by the same vendor for 700,000 (to local Thais). This is typical of the rate of inflation in land prices around here over recent years and probably also illustrates the toppishness of land prices at the moment - more expensive than the average price of agricultural land in the UK I believe!

[by contrast, about the time I bought that one rai my wife also bought some rough-ish (good for rubber only) ground deep inside Kemmarat on the other side of Ubon province for 40,000 baht a rai and sold it a couple of years later for 75% up on that, having cleared the land very cheaply]

I also financed the purchase of 15 rai of good quality fertile land about 3 kilometers in from the main road, on a mixed paved and dirt road with passing electricity but no phones or village tower water. Bought 2 years ago at 280,000 a rai. Other commentators might say that you will never get an economic farming return on that (and they'd be right!)

I understand that infertile (ie normal) paddy much further away from roads/facilities is more likely to be in the 60,000 +/- 20,000 range.

I may be mad, but the truly laughable thing around here is that people (over)pay for land that is high quality market gardening deep soil land and then put bleedin' rubber on it. Total madness! Stopped now with the collapse of rubber prices though.

Not much to go on, but illustrates why it is impossible to give one view on land prices. Building land on the main roads leading into, and on the outskirts of, meuang Kantharalak can be a couple of million a rai (but that's based on beer talk around the pool with my builder not personal experience!)

All of those prices except the last are with no title! There is very little title around here. Untitled land passes freely in transactions within and without families and my skepticism was allayed when my wife sold that Kemmarat land to a completely disconnected party having bought it from one of my wife's in-laws extended family ie that was fairly disconnected too. That's not to say the risk is remote - don't buy land you cannot afford to lose unless it is chanote is still a good policy (but don't expect to lose it!).

Stoneyboy is correct of course on the 1,600 sq meters conversion

Very possible for land to be a few million baht per rai. When looking for land to build our factory there were several pieces of land on the main highway that were for sale at 1 million + per rai. This was around the Khu Khan / Pusing area on highway 24 and was 7 years ago.

I know land in our village in Surin which is only about 8km from downtown is currently selling for 600,000B a rai, which 3 years ago that same land was selling for 400,000B.

I agree that land prices here can expensive and in some cases more than in the UK/USA. I dont think I would buy any land without title.

Edited by ericthai

When you say no title, was it Sor Por Gor?

i lived in pra bung for 4 years a rai is like a uk football pitch..i was asked to pay 111000...thb a rai...be carfull lanf there can be common land..can not be gbrought..only passed down to the famaily

i lived in ban tum sirratana...you can message me if you wont to no more

to get land with a chanute in phrai bueng is like winning the lottery...the family sell land to other members of family..illegal it is..but done..

the falang cam get stung..the only way to buy land here is to do the transfer in the land office....you get the chanute in one hand..give cash in the other

no chante dont buy...

they tried to scam me for 600000..for 6 rai..land they could not be sold...

It is of very little importance for the Farang as far as the quality of the land-title is concerned. HE will never own it anyway.

If (asking) prices of land in the Isaan (the poorest and most underdeveloped part of Thailand) have reached levels comparable to the UK/US, then I must start to wonder.

I know, love makes blind. But at such a crossroad, the Farang has to put himself to the test and ask himself: If it wasn't for the strong recommendation of GF/Wife, that happens to come from the region, would I want to "buy" property in this corner of the world, based on my own judgement?

Not to forget: The financial advisers in rural-Thailand are the same people that only plant crops that are (currently) high-priced, only to discover that, come harvest-time, the price has collapsed due to oversupply. Up to this day, very few have understood such basics as "supply & demand". Needless to say, that I don't value the opinion of rural-Thai- financial- wizards much.

But: Love makes blind. Amen.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Not to forget: The financial advisers in rural-Thailand are the same people that only plant crops that are (currently) high-priced, only to discover that, come harvest-time, the price has collapsed due to oversupply. Up to this day, very few have understood such basics as "supply & demand". Needless to say, that I don't value the opinion of rural-Thai- financial- wizards much.

But: Love makes blind. Amen.

Cheers.

Swissie I don't usually agree with you, but on this point I do. However having said that for the past 27 years, that I have been coming to Thailand property just seems to keep going up, however it doesn't always sell, but the price doesn't drop, they just wait until someone pays their price.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app