Multi entry visa for New Zealander change?

Hi all,

Does anybody know if there has been a change in the Thai Embassey in NZ regarding giving out multi entry tourist visas? We've had them twice given to us in the last two years, however our friend who has just come over received a phone call from the embassy in Wellington to say they are not doing them anymore, she still recieved it as she already paid them the money, any one know any updates? Couldn't see any Changes in their website.

Thanks

Andy

Tourist visas are not issued as multiple entries. How many entries have you been getting 2 or 3?

It seems odd they would call and say that they are not doing them but still issued it.

Hi ubonjoe, not too sure about what you meant by issued as multiple entry, but we are on a multiple entry tourist visa, we can enter three times, so if we max it out, we get 8-9 months out of it, we've already had one two years ago, and we are on one now.

Yeh, they called our friend on her mobile and said they were not doing the multi entry, (3x entry) anymore, but on this occasion they said they will just give it as she had already sent payment along with her application. Hence the query....

Perhaps they have stopped doing 3 entry visas but will do a 2 entry visa. You should contact them.

Or you could contact the honorary consulate in Auckland to fined out if they will do a 3 entry visa. Contact info here: http://www.consulate-info.com/consulate/15140/Thailand-in-Auckland

When discussing visas multiple entry means unlimited entries. That is why I stated that tourist visas are not done as multiple entries.

Perhaps they have stopped doing 3 entry visas but will do a 2 entry visa. You should contact them.

Or you could contact the honorary consulate in Auckland to fined out if they will do a 3 entry visa. Contact info here: http://www.consulate-info.com/consulate/15140/Thailand-in-Auckland

When discussing visas multiple entry means unlimited entries. That is why I stated that tourist visas are not done as multiple entries.

Hi ubonjoe,

Sorry, i see what you mean about the multi entry thing...i got confused becasue on the application form for a touist visa, it has on form "multi entry visa", we tick that, then put 3 by the side of it..so yep, understand, thanks for the clarification and the advice

andy