Extend tourist visa after 2 day overstay?

So my touristvisa expired yesterday. I had planned to go to the immigration on friday to extend my visa for 30days, but I totally forgot about it and realised yesterday that my Visa was about to expire.

Can I just go to the immigration office on monday to extend my visum for 30 days? Will they give me a hard time / take me to IDC? or can I just pony up the 1k for 2 days overstay and get another 30 days in the kingdom?

You can pay the fine for the overstay and then get your 30 day extension. Just be sure you do it tomorrow..

How many times did you click the post button I had to remove 7 10 duplicates of this topic.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 2

It depend on the immigration officer. I had a multi entry visa...

Ok I had more than 2 day overstay (about 40 more) it was during the floods in 2011 so I had alot of things to think of and take care of. The immigration officer just told me to leave Thailand asap and canceled the remains of my visa and told me to go straight to the border but she gave me a note if I would be stopped on the way!

But you should apply for extension before your visa is expired, I think it's 7 day's before on tourist visa but check the immigration web page!