anyone got a residency certificate recently at immigration office?

pete66

I need (yet another) certificate of residency. The last time I did it at the immigration office (about a year ago) it was amazingly painful. Limited days they would take applications, then wait a week to get the actual certificate. And if I remember correctly, still the 500B fee even though it should be free ....

Anyone got a recent experience of obtaining a residency certificate? Has the process improved since last year? Can you for example apply on any day now? How long a wait to get the certificate?

(Not really worried about the fee as the my consulate would charge three times that, just wondering if the actual process was better / quicker than a year ago.)

Any recent experiences welcome.

TIA

Google earth 18.7639397,99.0483963. new site opposite Promenada.

500baht fee, photocopies of everything, including current property lease.

Get a receipt and go back a few days later.

Google earth 18.7639397,99.0483963. new site opposite Promenada.
Get a receipt and go back a few days later.

sorry, that map reference is wrong.

try 18.7636, 990350.

re

new site opposite Promenada.

Get a receipt and go back

the following day after lunch worked for me last week !

heres a map :)

dave2

post-42592-0-71301600-1404042810_thumb.j

post-42592-0-52285400-1404042997_thumb.j

post-42592-0-52919600-1404043022_thumb.j

• Like 1

re

new site opposite Promenada.

Get a receipt and go back

the following day after lunch worked for me last week !

heres a map smile.png

dave2

Take the 2nd dirt track on the left.

Nothing like Pattaya. Did mine while I waited, 10 minutes only. Photocopy of my passport, tab bahn and three pictures. Amazed how efficient Pattaya Img has become.

Curious, did you shell out any money?

depends on you. no money, no certificate.

Chiang Mai office makes it quite clear that there is a fee of ฿500. (AU$15.00 !!)

Actually not! Chiang Mai Immigration sets out in a chart on the door, the process and the timescales which takes ten days and is free of charge, if you want it tomorrow you pay 500 baht.

Not correct:

I was told to come back the following week, and before I was given the certificate, I was asked to pay ฿500.00.

However, I went in on a Friday and told to return Monday. So I guess they treated it as 'express', even though I had not requested this.

Actually not! Chiang Mai Immigration sets out in a chart on the door, the process and the timescales which takes ten days and is free of charge, if you want it tomorrow you pay 500 baht.

Not correct:

I was told to come back the following week, and before I was given the certificate, I was asked to pay ฿500.00.

However, I went in on a Friday and told to return Monday. So I guess they treated it as 'express', even though I had not requested this.

However! hence correct!!

Did you not see the large process chart on the door. If you don't want to pay THB 500, tell them you are are prepared to wait ten days. Are you prepared to wait ten days?

Nothing like Pattaya. Did mine while I waited, 10 minutes only. Photocopy of my passport, tab bahn and three pictures. Amazed how efficient Pattaya Img has become.

Yes, I received several at Pattaya. The last one I applied for there was 300 baht, July 2013.

Not correct:

However! hence correct!!

Did you not see the large process chart on the door. If you don't want to pay THB 500, tell them you are are prepared to wait ten days. Are you prepared to wait ten days?

yes, you are 100% correct

No, I only saw the notice regarding the 500baht.

• Like 1

There to day (almost opposite Promenada) and told (apologetically)that they are effectively closed for a few days 'while immigration and transportation' merge. I was assured that as this will cause my 1 year Driver license to expire before I can get an extension, any BiB who stops me will understand. Hmmm....

immigration has moved?

No. Only the office to apply for a residence letter as can be seen in this topic - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/727302-new-office-open-for-residence-letter-in-chiangmai/

The picture Dave posted showed a window for visa extensions. Is that also moved over there?

Looks like a lot of room there.

immigration has moved?

No. Only the office to apply for a residence letter as can be seen in this topic - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/727302-new-office-open-for-residence-letter-in-chiangmai/

The picture Dave posted showed a window for visa extensions. Is that also moved over there?

I would hope they would have a very big announcement at the main immigration office if that were so. My guess is that is for the migrant workers.

Curious, did you shell out any money?

depends on you. no money, no certificate.

Chiang Mai office makes it quite clear that there is a fee of ฿500. (AU$15.00 !!)

I was referring to Pattaya not Chiang Mai.

Edited by vagabond48

immigration has moved?

I would hope they would have a very big announcement at the main immigration office if that were so. My guess is that is for the migrant workers.

Alas you are probably rite.

Not sure how much of a burden that would take off the existing structure but any thing would be a help.

give room for one more desk for 1 year extensions maybe.

There to day (almost opposite Promenada) and told (apologetically)that they are effectively closed for a few days 'while immigration and transportation' merge. I was assured that as this will cause my 1 year Driver license to expire before I can get an extension, any BiB who stops me will understand. Hmmm....

The "BIB" may understand but your insurance company won't if you have an accident.

• Like 2