Send my Pcx 150 from Pattaya to Chiang Mai

Tayida

Which solution i have for send it to Chiang Mai to Pattaya?And how much?

I have tried to ask Nakonchai air,so i will able to travel with it,but they said it too big.....

Thanks for any suggestion

Just take it to the post office. Probably around a couple of thousand.

I've send a Fino up and down the country and last year a Ninja 650. Never a problem and the bikes arrived in perfect order.

Do you have a big letter box ?*

Regards

SDM

* Sorry a childish quip, but this was the first thing that came to my mind when someone suggested sending a bike through the post. That and how much brown paper it would need, ! Edited by SDM0712

I had a honda click sent by post some weeks ago from phucket to bkk, it arrived after 3 days i think but when i went to collect it i gave the guy the paperwork which i had printed out...he took that and then tried to give me a kawasaki 650,

when we found the click all was in order but the keys attached to the cable zip were actually the keys from another bike so i went home without it, next day the post office called and said...seems your keys were sent on another bike to songkhla and you have the keys for that bike, fault of the post office worker in phucket,

Next day post called me again and told i need a guy to pic the lock and make a key by hand and they have the number of the guy who does it, i asked who pays? and he told...phucket post office,

Again the next day i went and a young guy turned up with a file and some blanks, he took about 3 hours to pic the lock and make a key, post office gave the guy his arranged 800bht and he signed a receipt,

As i went to ride out of the car park my phone rang, was the phucket post guy claiming i should pay 50/50 = 400bht, i gave him only 2 very strong words and closed the callwai.gif

BTW it cost 2500bht from phucket to bangkapi

I am not kidding will ride from Pattaya to Chiang mai have done before no problem.

Be very careful on the road to Bangkok, the hard shoulder can be in very bad condition at times, and if there is a vehicle parked or broken down, the big lorries on the first lane, and there are plenty, will not let you out. I rode my bike from Pattaya to Bangkok, and in that time, I only came across one other bike.

Not trying to put you off, but be very careful.

I am not kidding will ride from Pattaya to Chiang mai have done before no problem.

Went to the post office in Soi 5 in Jomtien they told me 2700 baht and about 10 days to be delivered

Your idea doesnt sounds so bad..........i have done already twice Korat-Phuket by bike.Will gonna think about that

• Like 1

Be very careful on the road to Bangkok, the hard shoulder can be in very bad condition at times, and if there is a vehicle parked or broken down, the big lorries on the first lane, and there are plenty, will not let you out. I rode my bike from Pattaya to Bangkok, and in that time, I only came across one other bike.

The ride between BKK and Pattaya and back, is a really miserable ride.  Lots of pot holes.  Lots of being stuck riding in the slow lane.

• Like 1

The ride between BKK and Pattaya and back, is a really miserable ride.  Lots of pot holes.  Lots of being stuck riding in the slow lane.

When i worked in Bkk i done that way quite every week on my week end.....and u are completely right

• Like 2

My trip from Pats to Bangkok takes a bit longer I go out and pick up the 304 roads not bad, then go into Bangkok from the East, Minburi to be exact, then a day to Ploke and then to Chiang Mai

Edited by moe666

You could also ask any of the Disco Bus companies to bring it. Official bus perhaps too. They carry all kind of stuff. Easy.

I ask already too few bus company,but all told me that the pcx is too big to carry on the bus..............i think i will take a ride with it just few days before start work in Chiang Mai

• 4 weeks later...