Disney Channel Coming To Thailand

bkk_mike

I came across the following on AsiaMedia saying True had entered a partnership with Walt Disney to offer the Disney Channel and Playhouse Disney in Thailand.

True Digital Entertainment yesterday entered a partnership with Walt Disney to offer two new animated cartoon channels: Disney Channel and Playhouse Disney.

Customers with True broadband pay 490 baht a month in exchange for watching online TV and unlimited data application downloads and domestic broadband Internet services.

UBC is part of True, so I'm hoping it means they'll appear on UBC.

Unfortunately the article is talking about True's IPTV service. (I have True broadband - which does seem to give me 512K international bandwidth "most" of the time. - but I don't want my kids complaining to me about the TV if it's as unreliable as my broadband.)

I'm paying a lot more than 490 baht, so I dread to think what the reliability of a 490 baht internet service would be. -although if they don't put Disney on UBC - I can see me putting that on our second phone line - and getting rid of the UBC subscription if it does work...

This IPTV only connects to in country internet - no international access from your "domestic broadband Internet services" quote. So you will still require your other line for normal internet service. It also appears there is a small print free for equipment deposit and a rather high monthly rental fee outside of the 490 baht monthly fee. And you still need UBC for normal TV and now will have to have two cable box and switch between?

So far the only report we have here says the video quality is very good.

I knew you could get Disney by pointing at Malaysian or Phillipino satellites (Astro and Dream), but I was really hoping they were going to put it on UBC.

To be honest, it's fairly ridiculous that they're not available already.

But so long as it's cheaper than UBC - I can see us dropping the UBC subscription, and getting this instead. (The UBC is virtually always on Cartoon Network - but the kids prefer Disney when they have the choice when they're in the UK).