Myanmar Airways to become Myanmar National Airways

State-run Myanmar Airways is slated for rename as Myanmar National Airways upon the enactment of the new aviation legislation.

Daily_June29_Myanmar-Air_KS.jpg

Presently, the Myanmar Aviation Bill has been submitted and deliberated in the Lower House of Parliament after the approval of the Upper House.

“The Bill has been approved by Upper House and now submitted to Lower House. If Union parliament approves the bill, it will come into force. Only after the enactment of the law, the name of Myanmar Airways will be changed into Myanmar National Airways. Its commercial charter will be modified,” said Than Tun, the managing-director of Myanmar Airways.

Myanmar Airlines has the contract to lease ten new Boeing aircraft from US-based GE Capital Aviation Services. After taking deliveries of the aircraft, international flights will be expanded. The leasing deal was signed in Singapore on February 11.

As long as they don't resurrect the old Fokkers out of mothballs I am happy whatever type they choose.

Too many memories of past hairy flights between Myeik and Yangon during monsoon season on the old F-27's and F-28's...

As long as they don't resurrect the old Fokkers out of mothballs I am happy whatever type they choose.

Too many memories of past hairy flights between Myeik and Yangon during monsoon season on the old F-27's and F-28's...

Now that's a memory of very old. Fokker 27 and 28. Flew them often ..... over 30 yeas ago. Fine aircraft for short flights.

Google tells me

F28 Produced 1967-1987

F27 Produced 1955-1987

• Like 1

I (and many of the other pax) always had a quiet giggle when the the air hostess came ove the PA and started with "we welcome you onboard this Fokker aircraft". I assume they were in the joke as they always pronounced it as F.....ing aircraft.

• Like 1