10 aud for a drink in thailand

That place rips off tourists, but it is quite reasonable if you know what you are doing. First, don't buy the beer. Only tourists ever do that because the price is ridiculous and designed to take advantage of tourists.

What you do is buy an entire bottle of hard liquor and keep it at your table. Last time I was there was a couple years ago, but I bought a bottle of Spey for like 500 baht and then mixers for 50 baht each. If you don't finish the bottle you keep it at the bar and you can go in for free next time and continue drinking it.

They will directly lie to a foreigners face about the price of the whiskey though, and also try to push you away from the cheaper bottles.

The club is in all the guidebooks so there is a steady stream of tourists, and they try to get as much cash out of them as possible.

You really need to have a Thai friend with you or know what you are doing, or you will be ripped off

• Like 1

North bridge western australia its 9 bucks a pint but at the same time but we got fly in fly out workers on 10000 dollars a month there....

The waitresses in hollywood are struggling to make 10000 baht

How do you know what they make? Would it shock you to find out they make close to 30 000 a month with salary and tips?

And waiters are not the ones buying drinks.

Edited by Pralaad

Yep, wouldnt be hard to top that in the Cross or late night Surfers - its usually accompanied by staff who look at you as if to say 'If you cant afford our prices, you shouldn't be here in the first place' - but the claim that tops them all for me is on the Jakarta Nightlife site. Always have to sift fact from fiction with some of the big talkers but one reveller claims to have spent 3 million IDR on a bottle of Vodka to impress his mates. I know you can pay astronomical prices for quality spirits, but close to 300 AUD for a bottle in a nightclub ? I guess someone has to pay the TNI General who owns the place to import women from all over the world to smile sweetly at the guests until they lose all sense of reality ;)

Yep, wouldnt be hard to top that in the Cross or late night Surfers - its usually accompanied by staff who look at you as if to say 'If you cant afford our prices, you shouldn't be here in the first place' - but the claim that tops them all for me is on the Jakarta Nightlife site. Always have to sift fact from fiction with some of the big talkers but one reveller claims to have spent 3 million IDR on a bottle of Vodka to impress his mates. I know you can pay astronomical prices for quality spirits, but close to 300 AUD for a bottle in a nightclub ? I guess someone has to pay the TNI General who owns the place to import women from all over the world to smile sweetly at the guests until they lose all sense of reality wink.png

Dont know when was the last time you were in London, try 200 pommie pesos for a bottle of vodka, for the less affluent pommies, 10 quid for a brandy n coke.

All this to try and get your end away, laughable.

North bridge western australia its 9 bucks a pint but at the same time but we got fly in fly out workers on 10000 dollars a month there....

Your 10k A$a per month must be the peons or those without skills.

My 25 year old nephew has already bought his own house, and dont get out of bed for less than A$160k per year.

It should be noted he is as thick as pigshit, right place right time.

Edited by rgs2001uk

Ah yes, BUT... you failed to mention that your little excursion into NORTH BRIDGE, could very likely see you get the living-daylights punched out of you on your way home.

Just check the number of reported Muggings in North Bridge against the numbers reported in BKK. Considering the population of both places, I'd feel a whole lot safer walking around Anywhere in BKK. When we lived in Perth, I refused to take my wife and daughter anywhere in North Bridge after dark.

Anyway, the choice is yours....NO ONE is FORCING you to visit Thailand.

Ah yes, BUT... you failed to mention that your little excursion into NORTH BRIDGE, could very likely see you get the living-daylights punched out of you on your way home.

Just check the number of reported Muggings in North Bridge against the numbers reported in BKK. Considering the population of both places, I'd feel a whole lot safer walking around Anywhere in BKK. When we lived in Perth, I refused to take my wife and daughter anywhere in North Bridge after dark.

Yep, I agree with this.

Also, last time I was in Northbridge, parking was over 500 Baht.

Caught a taxi back to a friends and it was 900 Baht.

What type of beer was it? Leo or imported etc etc.

A mate from Perth told me that a pint of Hoegaarden at the Belgian

Beer Café in Perth is 600 Baht and you're also not surrounded by

loads of scantily dressed women either.

Yeah but in the same type of venue back home in Aus that would be a $25.00 beer (or $10.00 for a bottle of water).

You really think so? The same venue, operating to the same costs and standards as in Thailand? Same health and safety requirement, fire regulations, insurance coverage etc... - Are you 100% sure about that?

Or would the 'same' venue in Australia operate to much different standards/regulations and a cost environment ten times plus that of Thailand?

Think about it a wee bit more - the 'same' venue operating in Australia would be closed down within a week and its owner's fined and/or jailed

It’s like comparing the price of a burger at Mc Donald’s to one at Hard Rock cafe and concluding that it’s reasonable to pay more for the burger at McDonalds cos Hard Rock cafe is expensive

Or

The local songthaew ought to double its price ‘cos an air conditioned taxi costs xx baht.

Yep, I agree with this.

Also, last time I was in Northbridge, parking was over 500 Baht.

Caught a taxi back to a friends and it was 900 Baht.

What type of beer was it? Leo or imported etc etc.

A mate from Perth told me that a pint of Hoegaarden at the Belgian

Beer Café in Perth is 600 Baht and you're also not surrounded by

loads of scantily dressed women either.

That Belgium place is in the snotty, fashionista, area of Perth, not Northbridge. Most drive a Ferrari in that part of town. I went in there, just the once, to try some draught Belgium beer.

They used a knife to cut the excess froth from the top of your beer, some sort of strange European custom. The girls were cute, but fully clothed and the beer cost a fortune.

My former office was located in Northbridge and I knew of a number of places to park for free, although hard to find at night. I once got caught out when my car was locked in a multistorey car park over night and it cost me the equivalent of about 1200 baht to retrieve it.

I did, however, get free meals more than once in various restaurants and never paid to go in a club. Helps to know people, and corruption is everywhere, not just Thailand.

Staggered home drunk from Northbridge many times and never once had trouble from thugs.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 2

Yeah but in the same type of venue back home in Aus that would be a $25.00 beer (or $10.00 for a bottle of water).

You really think so? The same venue, operating to the same costs and standards as in Thailand? Same health and safety requirement, fire regulations, insurance coverage etc... - Are you 100% sure about that?

wow, really. that is your reply to mine saying "same type of venue"....

you do realise that "same type" as in target market.

Of course each venue has to abide by the relevant standards that their respective countries stipulate...... hence a 300b beer here is $25.00 there !!!

Edited by Spoonman

Yep, wouldnt be hard to top that in the Cross or late night Surfers - its usually accompanied by staff who look at you as if to say 'If you cant afford our prices, you shouldn't be here in the first place' - but the claim that tops them all for me is on the Jakarta Nightlife site. Always have to sift fact from fiction with some of the big talkers but one reveller claims to have spent 3 million IDR on a bottle of Vodka to impress his mates. I know you can pay astronomical prices for quality spirits, but close to 300 AUD for a bottle in a nightclub ? I guess someone has to pay the TNI General who owns the place to import women from all over the world to smile sweetly at the guests until they lose all sense of reality wink.png

Dont know when was the last time you were in London, try 200 pommie pesos for a bottle of vodka, for the less affluent pommies, 10 quid for a brandy n coke.

All this to try and get your end away, laughable.

A fool and his money will always be parted. And location or geography aren't moderating variables!