It just wasn't the time to punch my ticket

ericpasansai

It wasn't my time to bite the bullet or let me put it another way. I could have ended up on the wrong side of the grass "BUT I DIDN'T"

Call it fate or just call it "my time wasn't up" or just call it " my angels were looking out for me"

I stepped of the curb and and a maniac on a Honda clic sent me 21 meters sailing through the air like I was shot out of a cannon.

NOTHING happened to me at all.I could have fractured my clavical or destroyed by elbows or wrists but nothing happened to me

A local bar I used to frequent occasionally had 'ticket only' evenings with entertainment. As a regular I thought I might be exempt, so when the doorman asked for my ticket I told him "my face is my ticket". "I'm sorry sir", he said " but I have to punch all the tickets". I never did go back.

• Like 1

Look where you're going before you go wandering onto the road

good point.

I always look both ways even on the one way streets.

But in all fairness to the OP I have seen many motor bikes suddenly move over from behind the car in front of them to the side of it so fast that if you were standing on the road you wouldn't stand a chance of avoiding them.

Best to stay on the sidewalk until you see you have a chance of crossing.

On moving to Thailand I quickly learned to look both ways before stepping onto a road or even a sidewalk, even a one way road. And when walking down a sidewalk in Bangkok be sure to look behind you before suddenly changing direction, as a speeding motorcycle may be coming up from behind at 50 kph plotting a course roughly one inch to your left or right. ALWAYS assume that everybody on the road is a stupid idiot and may do something insane at any moment.

How did you estimate 21 metres? Was that on the fly or included slide time?

He joined the caterpillar in my salad man and they always carry a ruler or tape measure with them...... Its the latest fad thingy.....Just in case someone yells that is not 6 inches.... they have the equipment to prove it.

• Like 2

Look where you're going before you go wandering onto the road

good point.

I always look both ways even on the one way streets.

But in all fairness to the OP I have seen many motor bikes suddenly move over from behind the car in front of them to the side of it so fast that if you were standing on the road you wouldn't stand a chance of avoiding them.

Best to stay on the sidewalk until you see you have a chance of crossing.

actually the recommended procedure is to check all 6 directions before crossing the road.TiT

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe you were thrown 21m without injury.

More likely, whatever made you relaxed enough to remain unhurt was also responsible for stepping onto the road in the first instant and also affected your judgement of distance.

You did well to get home unscathed. biggrin.png

21 meters is a fair distance.

And a Honda Click is not a big bike.

What happened to the bike? And the rider?

Just as a matter of comparison the world long jump record is 8.95meters. Well done.

Considering that you were almost launched into space, now that 2 days have passed, how do you feel??

Any little aches and pains?

He'll reply when he comes down to earth after recovering from altitude sickness.

OP, what happened to the poor guy on the Honda Click?

• Like 1

sounds more like an absent minded pedestrian to me.

full shilling and picnic sandwich springs to mind......................again

We all make mistakes.

A few years back a similar thing happened to me but the bike hitting me was not more than a 100cc and not going very fast.

He hit me and fell over. I was completely in the wrong as I was looking for oncoming traffic from my left as i crossed the street.

I was happy the motorbike driver was unhurt.